Great wire brush set for use in drills

Advice and guidance on repair and restoration techniques.
coppinpr

Great wire brush set for use in drills

Post by coppinpr »

Bought this really nice set of (mostly) wire brushes in Home Sense (the non clothes version of TK max) today) reduced from £30 to £12. Consists of 6 fine brass,6 fine steel and 6 hard plastic rotary brushes with a handle and length extension bar all in a nice case.
Ive seen the brushes before but never as cheap and in a set like this, They have the standard fitting for a drill bit adaptor so will fit straight into an electric screwdriver or electric drill.
Like all brushes they wont last forever but are really great for getting into those hard to access areas or to remove rust/old grease/dirt from small areas where you dont want to attack the machine with anything too harsh.

wire brush set.jpg

treefrog

Re: Great wire brush set for use in drills

Post by treefrog »

Looks handy, mmmm, and perfect for my sawn off shotgun

Never heard of TJMax or Home Sense, are they online
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

We have a Home Sense in Lincoln, I might pop along there tomorrow.

I didn't know they were part of TK Max.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Never heard of TkMax or Home Sense, are they online
TK max have become a major player in clothing by buying up last years styles from major names and selling them cheap,about a year ago they opened Home Sense to do the same with non clothes,so quality is high and prices reasonably low,truth is..its actually quite hard to go in one..spend some time digging about...and not buy something :o
youngerap

Post by youngerap »

Thanks, Paul. I will pop into Chichester and see if they have any. Hmmm... I'd better take the Landrover, though. The missus will be there and it will be like taking a kid to a candy store, except that she does not take 'no' for an answer! :!:
raj

Post by raj »

I wouldn't say TK Maxx are cheap, they are a US company and use hyped up prices in order to offer a '60% reduction' which is usually still over priced. They were cautioned by the ASA for their advertising practises, but seemed to have taken no notice. Anyway, this has little to do with the Clarke wire brushes on offer at £12. Available at £20 inc p&P on ebay if you don't live near one of these stores. Clarke is another over priced US store selling middling quality products....just saying.........breaking news :shock: ..just found some Toolzone branded @ £12.39 inc postage http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toolzone-Br05 ... Swu4BVq7Jx