Hi from N.E. Hampshire

Tell us a bit about yourself.
beromat

Hi from N.E. Hampshire

Post by beromat »

Near Fleet services if that helps visualise.

First I must say a hearty thank you to the chap who helped me get started here. I only have a Christian name for him so I'd better not mention that! He picked my user name, so don't read anything into it!!!

I'm 69 and lost any youthful interest I may have had in slot machines and the like when everything went electronic. It wasn't the going electronic, it was the explosion of complexity (and the lingering suspicion that the complexities were some sort of con!). In any case, I was too idle to learn them, :HaHa: .

Whilst I played mechanical bandits from time to time (and some electro-mechanical), my real preference was Allwins. So now that I'm retired, it will come as no great surprise to know that I've recently bought one, a Bryan's Fivewin reproduction (minus the programmable payouts).

The reason I came here was just to satisfy my curiosity about a type of bandit I used to play back in the day. I just want to identify it from some hazy memories. So I guess I'd better go find a suitable place to do that.

Cheers
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Hi from N.E. Hampshire

Post by badpenny »

Welcome to our deviant world.

Well done for hanging out until you've retired before succumbing to that which has captured most of us when we should have been wasting our money on children and mortgages instead of investing in machines.

I'm not sure how to help you regarding what you want to know about a particular bandit you used to play if your hazy memories stay both hazy and with you only. !PUZZLED!

BP :cool: