Mini Falls, Penny Falls

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
treefrog

Re: Mini Falls, Penny Falls

Post by treefrog »

I am sure one will turn up (eventually) but to be fair looking at auction results I could not see one in last 10 years....if I had one I would leap at the offer, but sadly only have a Easy Push !!ESCAPE!!
cait001

Post by cait001 »

Does Mini Falls separate from it's base/pedestal, or is it firmly attached?

I'd be interested in the top half of the Mini Falls if someone has it, as an alternative option to Mini Cascade...
cait001

Post by cait001 »

I've never been so happy to delete a classified ad!

!!YIPPEE!!

20211105_164333.jpg

DOUBLE CASCADE ACTION! !!THUMBSX2!!
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

Looks great! Nice artwork and much better design to play - more going on.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Yes, one of the best mini-pushers. Well done cait001! Perseverance is a collector's strongest suit. !!HOORAY!!
cait001

Post by cait001 »

Does anyone know the year Jezzard started making Mini Cascade? Was it 66 when he left Crompton's? 1967?
flippa_winna wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:59 pmI would place the machine around 1967 as it was in a Coinslot advert in this particular year.
Are there are archives anywhere of British coinop Magazines? Is anyone working on a project to digitize and share them?
I found an archive of "Coin Slot" newsletters, but that one was 1974+
I would like to go through these kinds of magazines and research to start getting a good idea of years of release.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

cait001 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:43 pm Does anyone know the year Jezzard started making Mini Cascade? Was it 66 when he left Crompton's? 1967?
Yes. Crompton's Penny Falls came out in '66 and Dennis Jezzard left the company that year. As flippa_winna says, it was advertised in '67, the first year that Jezzard was making machines under his own name. It's unsurprising therefore that Mini Cascade is the closest in concept to Penny Falls that he made.
Jim Crompton wrote:...in June 1966 Alf died and Crompton's financial position was not good. The bank contacted me as Crompton's had no leadership and this led to my return to the manufacturing company. I introduced a new winning pusher design, called the Penny Falls, which featured a linear pusher movement and lose-holes hidden from the players' view.
Inventing the Penny Pusher
pennymachines wrote:Dennis Jezzard was a Crompton employee from 1958 to 1966 before he set up a company in his own name (also based in Ramsgate) to exploit the craze for pushers. It seems likely, therefore, that he carried his design for Cromptons over to his new company.
Portable Penny Pushers
cait001 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:43 pm Are there are archives anywhere of British coinop Magazines? Is anyone working on a project to digitize and share them?
I found an archive of "Coin Slot" newsletters, but that one was 1974+
I would like to go through these kinds of magazines and research to start getting a good idea of years of release.
The Wikipedia Coinslot entry has confused two different publications. The archive you mention is of Coin Slot Magazine at the International Arcade Museum, an American publication which ran from 1974 and was aimed at collectors of vintage coin-op. The Coinslot (now Coinslot International) was a supplement of the World's Fair newspaper, a British industry trade publication established in 1904 serving travelling showmen (and women), circuses, magic, traction engines and theme parks. This is the primary source for British slot machine historical research, but unfortunately is difficult (and expensive) to access. The World's Fair loaned microfiche copies of their publication to Paul Braithwaite when he was compiling Arcades & Slot Machines. It would be a great asset to us if it was made available online.

See also Slot Magazine History

Topic split & continued as Putting Coinslot archive online - Site Admin.
steven

Post by steven »

hi i have one of these machines the magic roundabout in the globe any info would be good and what it is worth thank
mr merrivale

Post by mr merrivale »

I thought you might like to see my MINI CASCADE. It is in store waiting to go out on site and it's supplied by Mitchell's Novelty Amusements at Clacton. I am very pleased with the machines he has supplied, both the Mini Cascade and the Copper Mine. Both machines are great to play.
Attachments
20220418_115042a.jpg
20220506_154750a.jpg
steven

Post by steven »

I have one now. Be on ebay soon. A Magic Roundabout with the dome, same as picture above.