Decals or print supplier needed for Bell Fruit glass

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
madmickshere

Decals or print supplier needed for Bell Fruit glass

Post by madmickshere »

As many of you have probably seen already another skilled member of the forum has restored two images for me of the glass from the front of my Bell Fruit machine.
Do any of you know where I can get decals or prints made of these two images so I can get the glass finished and back into the machine. Any recommendations, what to ask for, from who, where from and any advice welcome. (The images are in resources).
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Decals or print supplier needed for Bell Fruit glass

Post by badpenny »

The same member who's been helping you is one of your best bets ....... :cool:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

no bp, others on here will give better advise on that score than me, ive seen posts before giving advise on this

I know whitewall.com do it well(search on line) and this mob looks good http://www.signsinthecity.co.uk but they are pricey ,others on here may well know an inexpensive way to get it done.I really cant advise on this
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I noticed these custom printed vinyl stickers on eBay: Personalised Wall Sticker Custom Vinyl Decal Design your Own Quote Wall Art
The large ones are 46cm x 90cm for £13.65. I can't comment on suitability, having not tried them but they may be cheap enough to experiment.
Please message us via Ebay with the text or images you would like with the colour too.
We produce a mock design that will be emailed to you to proof. Once you are happy with it, we will make the product and dispatch it to you.
All of our stickers are cut from premium vinyl . These are not cheap vinyl that will come off the wall after 3 months. These are not reusable vinyl.
We supply A easy step by step instructions on how to apply the sticker.
Prontaprint made me a decent vinyl sticker for a pinball backglass. I learned the hard way that sticking it to glass requires skill and you only get one chance to position it correctly with no air bubbles. Once it grabs the glass you can only shift it be stretching or tearing. :x
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

pennymachines wrote:
Prontaprint made me a decent vinyl sticker for a pinball backglass. I learned the hard way that sticking it to glass requires skill and you only get one chance to position it correctly with no air bubbles. Once it grabs the glass you can only shift it be stretching or tearing. :x
use water and spray a fine mist onto the surface first,this gives you a bit time to move the decal into the correct position before you start pressing on it with a squeegee :)
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Adding a few drops of washing up liquid to the spray bottle makes re positioning much easier,and using an old credit card as a squeg is a good idea,ive done a lot of these when i was still at work,they do reverse print that can go inside the glass,i suggest trying the top glass only to see if it works
madmickshere

Post by madmickshere »

Thanks for the advice but I'm confused at the moment as to whether I'm asking for a decal (which I think is a water slide transfer) or a vinyl sticker?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

they are talking here of V stickers, certainly the cheapest option and might work well, but they do stick like Sh** to a blanket so take care :lol:

loads of sites doing these online, worth a try I think
madmickshere

Post by madmickshere »

coppinpr wrote:they are talking here of V stickers, certainly the cheapest option and might work well, but they do stick like Sh** to a blanket so take care :lol:

loads of sites doing these online, worth a try I think
OK, can you email me the reverse images please? I think you have my email address and I'll see what I can get done.
Do I use the water spray / mist with vinyl stickers?
Thanks Mick
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

yes you use the water spray with washing up liquid, most suppliers send you detailed instructions on using the stickers, air bubbles are the big risk, try to avoid at all costs,if you get any try to squeegee out with a credit card or pierce with a pin and squeegee the bubble through the pin hole, peel the backing paper off slowly,as you go , working in a straight line all the way across the sticker, make sure the start position is square to the glass. there will be you tube videos on this
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Hi, I have had some success with printing directly onto the glass, but you will need to find a printer with a flat bed printing system. Mei-mei
madmickshere

Post by madmickshere »

mei-mei wrote:Hi, I have had some success with printing directly onto the glass, but you will need to find a printer with a flat bed printing system. Mei-mei
Thanks for the info, however this has now been completed via online printers
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Okee dokee happy Christmas
madmickshere

Post by madmickshere »

mei-mei wrote:Okee dokee happy Christmas
You too