Somebody knows... Maybe you?
bryansshort

Re: Lock for allwin flick ball machine

Post by bryansshort »

Simple Yale lock on OW.
Simple Yale lock on OW.

Pick and key I made.
Pick and key I made.

Transparent lock and pick set for learning, loads of fun.
Transparent lock and pick set for learning, loads of fun.

bryansshort

Post by bryansshort »

Mei-Mei, your lock has two screws which will allow you to get inside and mark the blank key once you find one.
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Yes had the back off already to check the lock had not seized before I took it to the locksmiths. Mei-mei
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

Mei mei,if you and your grand daughter fancy making sandcastles at sunny Bognor Regis on the West Sussex coast there is a very good locksmith at 'The Lock centre',I have used him a number of times.I'm sure he will make you a key but he rarely does it on the spot,turnaround is usually a couple of days so needing two trips-a bit too much for you perhaps? I was going to volunteer to take it in for you but I see Mr PM has covered that one,however if you did make the trip to drop it off I would be willing to pick it up and post it to you.You are spoilt for choice!
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Thank you 13rebel so kind of you to offer. If it goes pear shaped with PM I will take you up on the offer. Mei-mei
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Mei, the lock you pictured is not an easy one for a beginner to re-key. Removing the two screws doesn't allow access to the tumbler or help with a blank key in any way. These use pins and are locked in either the open or shut position when the key is removed. To remove the tumbler for re-keying they must first be picked open. Then there are a few special tools needed to stop the pins and small springs falling out when removing and replacing the tumbler.
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Thank you gameswat, it is always useful to have all the info to hand when making a decision. Mei-mei
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I remember thinking I was smart and could remove the barrel from one of these type of locks from one machine to another, only to find a pile of tiny springs and ball bearings launched into gaps in the floor boards.

Since I have reverted to just buying old stock locks, like the pile of new old stock yales locks below I bought recently (perfect as they are the small type and fit allwin lower doors and mills bandits)

We did talk about creating bump keys a long time ago and yet to get around to making one, even though I did buy a Yale key cutting machine with the key templates, still yet to use.

Certainly I would recommend using Yale as more common and blanks are easy to get and seem to not changed in design for 70 years, although probably not made now, but are in keeping wither the age of the machine.
Attachments
IMG_0233.JPG
IMG_0235.JPG
IMG_0236.JPG
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Hi treefrog long time no hear. Wow where do you look to find job lots of locks? Smart move. Mei-mei
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303717460894. I lot of locks here. Unfortunately he won't split them
JC

Post by JC »

Unfortunately, they all appear to be short barrel, which are of no use for allwins :-(
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The majority of them are also sprung loaded and not deadlocks, been on eBay a long time