Sega Windsor series bandits

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
horiane

Re: Problems on two Sega Windsor machines

Post by horiane »

The Mad Money is almost fixed: the jackpot is OK, it works fine.

I identified the 18 combinations problem: it pays 14 because it can't pay more. The upper 4 coins slide can't be pushed by the finger because the notch is too large (the finger is the wrong one to free the all slides).

But I noticed that when the tube is full, the slides can stop because a coin isn't in the right position (because of the weight of the coins in the tube ?).

For the Crazy Bells, I cannot test the JP because of a part not fixed in the machine. And the hard spot is always here. I'll really try to adjust solenoid effects. I'll see.
horiane

Post by horiane »

Hello all.

Today, I cleaned up the Mad Money. It works pretty well. I really like it. !!THUMBSX2!!

But the lower glass is a bit flaky. Treefrog, you said you have glasses for these machines. Do you have a nice one for the Mad Money?

I'd want to swap between the two machines the part circled on the photo but I don't know how to remove it. How can I do?

And last question: I try to find a piece of furniture as base for the machine. Which one would be better for that ? Where do you put yours?
Attachments
IMG3324 copie.jpg
IMG_3362 copie.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

What will you gain by swapping the coin entry over to the other machine? Is it in much better condition? The original one looks like it would clean up as far as I can see?
Of course the easiest way would be to swap mech (a) into case (b). Not an option?

Machine stands! I've seen everything used, several are for sale on Ebay UK right now! I had the one in the photo made but I've also bought small cupboards and record cabinets that look identical in second hand shops. The ones on Ebay always seem too expensive these days.
Attachments
slot stand.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I keep my machines on the floor of a friend's spare room, covered in bags of rubbish and dust.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I take it some of these will be at Coventry this year listed as, "constantly in use and regularly serviced, one of my favourites, I don't want to part with it but need the space."
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Don't be ridiculous you blithering fool.
I'm happy to give it all to you free, if you turn up.

I didn't know you collected dust and bags of rubbish, but who am I to judge? !PUZZLED!
horiane

Post by horiane »

coppinpr wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:38 pm What will you gain by swapping the coin entry over to the other machine? Is it in much better condition? The original one looks like it would clean up as far as I can see?
Of course the easiest way would be to swap mech (a) into case (b). Not an option?
The Mad Money is the machine that will be in my "gameroom". The other one, the "fake" Crazy Bells will be the parts reserve because: I can't solve the hard spot problem, I must create a missing part and the case isn't as good as the Mad Money one.

For the coin entry, I'd want to change the little glass with the coin type (the Mad Money working with 5p two) but I can't. I can't open the Crazy Bells coin entry because of the little ring on the photo. I opened the Mad Money one because there isn't this ring.

How can I remove the ring or is it possible to proceed differently to open the coin entry ?

Nice stand. It fits perfectly with your machine!
Attachments
IMG3319 copie2.jpg
radiochrissie

Post by radiochrissie »

If you remove the coin detector mech first, you can then pull down the eject button from the inside far enough to release the coin acceptor on the top.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

badpenny wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:35 pm...covered in bags of rubbish and dust.
Sorry, I thought this meant they were IN the bags of rubbish and dust. If they are I'll defiantly take them, I don't mind getting my hands dirty. Is my Columbia one of these? Must be covered in dust by now. :-(
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Didn't you buy your Columbia back last April? ...... somebody did.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Didn't you buy your Columbia back last April? ...... somebody did.
I'm concerned you will invoke medieval law so if you hold it for a year and a day it becomes yours. :tut
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Nope, that's back fired on me so many times with women. :o
horiane

Post by horiane »

radiochrissie wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:44 pm If you remove the coin detector mech first, you can then pull down the eject button from the inside far enough to release the coin acceptor on the top.
Thanks, it was that. It's done. !THANKS!
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Hi evening everyone,
I bought today a Sega Windsor phonographic. Please don’t ask me why, but I did. I thought it was a smaller, not so heavy machine.... wrong! I think it have more problems than the years of my age. I will start with one problem, which is the coin entry. As you can see in the picture, the place of coin mechanism is empty. I think there would be a mechanism you can put in?

Problem 2 is the lever that push the slides forward. The lever is mounted at the wrong side and is pointing into the sky :D . Sorry for the bad quality of the picture.
Will the coin mechanism be easy to find?

Greetings
Attachments
AB484614-BDC1-4F64-9D9B-98A22AD79120.jpeg
D59F8F90-4745-4598-9E1C-2ABF0149153E.jpeg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

You can still get those coin validators.
They look like a cartridge that has pins at the bottom which slot in like hinges and allow it to pivot up into place.
First though you have to know what coin, as the measuring parts of it are calibrated for a specific one.

BP
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Thanks badpenny, I thought something like that. The nominator states 1np, but I found old Dutch quarters in it who are the same size as sixpence.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I have a box of them somewhere... They are called S10 coin acceptors and often come up for sale. I will look if I have a 1p one.
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

That would be nice if you find one treefrog but I don’t want to be a pain. Try to get the mechanism to work tomorrow.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I never cease to be amazed by the gods of coincidence and their accomplices the eBay pixies.
This eBay'er Clicky has just put 3 x S10 coin mechs up.

What are the chances of that happening?
I must start a thread on here about the Lottery winning numbers.

BP :!?!:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Yes I saw them. Wrong coinage anyway. I am not sure it is so easy to change them without the right bits, unless one bodges them of course...

I have about 8 spare, which probably are not right coinage anyway, but will check. One thing that intrigues me though is there appears to be three different sizes of these coin acceptors. The smallest I have seen are the type used on the Bell-Fruit Cascade. Then the next two sizes are bigger. If I get time I may show all three. Maybe they are not all called S10’s and have different names... Anyone know...

Looking at previous posts on the topic, the 1np version seems to be in demand and do not see often on eBay.