Ruffler & Walker candy floss machine

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
coppinpr

Ruffler & Walker candy floss machine

Post by coppinpr »

Can anyone shed any light on the date and maker of this R&W supplied candy floss machine that looks very much like an early radiogram? Judging by the label and the cabinet I suspect from their early days. The owner is in Australia and tells me his grandfather brought the machine with him when he emigrated and it's still in its original packing case and works perfectly!

I thought excessive "health and safety" was a modern thing but the instruction sheet on this machine states " instal the machine in a position to avoid being injured by sugar granules :shock:
Attachments
R&W candy floss 4.jpg
R&W candy floss 4.jpg (36.47 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
r&W candy floss 3.jpg
r&W candy floss 3.jpg (25.62 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
R&W candy floss 2.jpg
R&W candy floss 2.jpg (28 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
r&w candy floss 1.jpg
r&w candy floss 1.jpg (25.43 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
coppinpr

Re: Ruffler & Walker candy floss machine

Post by coppinpr »

The owner of the machine recently found this 60-year-old customs dec for spares sent by R&W to Australia in 1961. Someone was thinking of the future: "6 replacement elements". No wonder it's still working today! (I wonder what events the "Hillcrest parents & Citizens Association" used their candy floss machine at?). Not called "candy floss" in Aus of course.
The machine owner found this paper in a tin...with 10 , still unused, elements !!!
Attachments
R&W-recipta.jpg