Ford gumball machine

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
tomo55

Ford gumball machine

Post by tomo55 »

Hi everyone,
I'm working on a gumball machine and as usual with me I think there is something missing from the inside because the gumballs fall straight through the hole when filled. Has anyone got a pic? I don't know if this is something any of the members have an interest in or not usually a machine that doesn't exactly fall under pennyslots, but I'll give it a shot.
bri
Attachments
DSCN0774.JPG
DSCN0773.JPG
DSCN0772.JPG
coppinpr

Re: ford gumball machine

Post by coppinpr »

Certainly, no reason not to feature a gumball machine, they are clearly part of the slot machine genre. !THUMBS!
I've worked on loads of gumball dispensers but never one of these, it looks rare. The photos don't give much away but from what we can see there should be a plate on top of the rotating gumball holder with a gap in it( opposite the exit hole)to allow the rotating ring to reload with a gumball as it passes by.
I'm only guessing you understand but I suspect the plate rests on the raised shoulders on the ring but is fixed in position, this would allow one ball to fall cleanly into its holder as the empty slot passes underneath.
special when lit

Re: ford gumball machine

Post by special when lit »

Looks like a later Ford. I've got an earlier one, & it looks like there is a part missing from yours.
20201130_151044.jpg