Deci King reel spin?

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Deci King reel spin?

Post by badpenny »

Test all of the wins first, in case you're missing something.
It's better to problem solve with all the evidence than to guess the bigger picture with only a couple of clues.

BP !PUZZLED!
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Lol have checked some not all, it now 3 times in a row paid out on 1 cherry!

so far

not paying
1 lemon
any combination of oranges 3 x or 2 + star (it was paying for 3 before?)

I have changed all bottom finger springs for pinball return springs, they are low resistance.

I reduced the fin size slightly on the clock

I tried altering that offset cam thing on the back of the clock that pushes the long thick bar that runs along the back

I tried that screw that adjusts the slide blocker bar.

I have not adjusted the dog as yet.

Whilst I'm still head scratching I'm making the cabinet pretty!

Thanks Ronnie
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Hi guys, not looked at this in a long time! Still not resolved.

I'm focusing on the 1 lemon win that seems to consistently fail! The finger for this one is the last one at the back, not sure why the bottom finger is not being kicked away from the slide? I can't even tell what kicks it away anyway? It will pay for 2 lemons though? It also failed to pay for 3 oranges but when I tried today it paid out!

Thanks Ronnie
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I'm wondering if due to wear the pay out disc bundle has moved far enough over to trip some pay outs when they shouldn't.

BP
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Hi Badpenny, thanks. It's not paying out when it should. It should pay 1 coin for 1 lemon, 2 coins for 2, as it does for a cherry. It never pays when it should not.

Thanks Ronnie
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Sorry if we've gone through all of this before ......
Have you done a thorough audit of the reel symbols versus pay out discs? And mapped it?

What happens if you force pay out combinations like 3 oranges? What stops it, availability of holes on discs? Finger fowling somewhere on disc? Vertical finger not interacting correctly with horizontal one?

Have you confirmed the whole cycle is actually working from beginning to end and it's only the pay out that is hit and miss?

The lemon pay out is puzzling, in 50 years of collecting I have never seen a single lemon paying out. Of course that doesn't mean anything in itself, but makes me question if the strips have moved and somebody redid the award card to match?

First get the mech cycling as it should then make fine adjustments to get the awards right.

BP
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Hi BP thanks, I think I have the mech running as it should with the 3 clicks etc, and the vertical finger is in the pay disc hole for one lemon, when it does pay out for say a cherry I can see the hor finger fly out from the slides, I'm trying to understand how that happens? does the vertical finger kick the horizontal one out? It's bugging my why it fails to pay! Everything is free abd cleaned in respect of the pay slides etc. I did post a video earlier in the post I'll attach here

Thanks Ronnie
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Your video gives hope the cycle is running right. It's 5 clicks not 3, and it's doing that.
The Horizontal fingers are kicked out by the Vertical fingers, thus releasing the slides.
When a Vertical finger enters a hole in the disc, follow it down and you'll see that because it's pivoted half way the bottom half goes the opposite way and kicks the corresponding Horizontal one out, so the slide releases.

Without having the machine in front of me, and going back to my previous reply. Work on the basis that the cycle is intact, and concentrate on the awards.
So like I said, earlier this afternoon ...
"Have you done a thorough audit of the reel symbols versus pay out discs? And mapped it?" Because until you are sure the machine is capable of doing what the Award Card says then you are ignoring the essential and trusting on the unknown.

BP :didact:
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Thanks BP that's reassuring. I will do that, making sure the finger is going through the discs. I did notice there is no award for Aristocrat symbols, even though they are on the reels!

Thanks Ronnie
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Are you saying the 3 Aristocrat symbols on "centre line" does not payout?
Or are you saying that this combination doesn't feature on the award card?
3 Aristocrat symbol win line is normally shown on award card as 3 "Bars", so 3 Aristocrats = 3 "Bars" on centre line and should payout (usually 10).

Please post pictures of your award card or just compare it to the machine pictures I posted.
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Ah yes, it will be 3 bars. Here is a picture before the new belly glass was fitted.
Attachments
IMG_0213a.jpg
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Just a small update on some observations, in the case of 3 oranges the vertical finger is slightly obstructed ( it is slightly outside the hole) on the 1st pay disc so it never enters the pay discs hence no payout! Not sure how that would be resolved? Adjusting the reel 1 stop cog?

Also I noticed the 3 pay discs are not equally spaced! disc 1 and 2 are much closer together than 3 is to 4. I was thinking if disc 2 is too close to the vertical fingers the fingers may not travel far enough in to trigger for instance the 1 lemon win!

Other than that I have not audited all the wins yet! But I thought these issues were worth reporting?

Thanks Ronnie