Deci King reel spin?

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
ronnie63

Re: Deci King reel spin?

Post by ronnie63 »

Thanks guys, sewing oil it is then, hate vodka doubt it will mix well with lager!

Going to remove the clock for a better clean as that's still slow to set despite cleaning that shaft.

Can't see the kicker too well because of the live jackpot, maybe removing the reels to get at the gubbins? But not looked how easy that may or may not be?

Cheers Ronnie
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Get your phone and take oodles of photos as you tear it down, or grab your camera and talk to everyone you don't know.
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Hi guys, it's been a while! Hope all are well and safe?

At last had time to get to the bottom of this! I managed to swing the live jackpot out of the way and got into the kicker to free it off. Now it's spinning up nicely, so thanks for the pointers on that issue.

Now the next problem! Payouts. All single slide likes of a cherry or lemon do not payout, 2 cherries sometimes! and not all 3 reel wins either. Seems a bit random on 3 and 2 reel wins? I'm getting the five clicks and the vertical fingers are going into the pay discs, so not sure on the issue? I guess my next step is to remove and clean the pay slides?

Thanks Ronnie
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Sounds about right for your next stage Ronnie.
Well done
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

As bp says, definitely the way to go. Once you have removed the coin tube you will be able to see what's going (or not going) on. Check this before removing the slides so you can see the difference once you replace them. Things to look for at that stage are: Does the slide brake come across and hold all the slides back during the wind-up? Are the springs in good condition and pulling on the slides when they release? Is the slide top cover holding back the slides when they should release due to dirt or being too tight?
Then remove the slides, being sure to keep them in the correct order; clean and polish them, but do not use ANY oil. Replace the slides and run the machine while you can still see what's going on.
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Thanks guys, will follow that advice and report back.
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Right, I removed all the pay slides. They look OK, apart from a bit oily! Just wondered - the bottom pay slide that has the vertical bar at the back is not perfectly at a 45 degrees? Looks to be bent back a bit. Not sure if it should be like that?

I can see with the slides removed, the horizontal finger for the first slide does ping out for a cherry win.

Thanks Ronnie
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

I went ahead and straightened that first slide with the upright as it seemed bent?

Anyway, put back together and I think I see the problem with the 1 coin wins. The horizontal fingers is getting kicked out before the clock arm has cleared the back of the slides, so blocking the slide from triggering. Sometimes it will trigger, but mostly not. Not sure if the clock needs to be sped up by bending the fins in slightly, or it's some other timing issue?

Thanks Ronnie
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Not sure I have understood the last point, maybe I need to re-read thread. So when you get a Cherry win, the bottom horizontal lever is moving away from the slides and as such the lower slide pays outs, which sounds corrects or have I missed something !PUZZLED!
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Hi treefrog, maybe my explnation was not clear sorry

Yes for 1 cherry the horizontal finger is being kicked out, but it would seem too early? as the arm that moves behind the slides is blocking the slide from tripping at that moment?

Having said that the payout for 1 lemon never kicks the finger out?

I will try and do a video showing the action at the slides during a spin

Thanks Ronnie
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Ah, I got you, so the sliding locking lever on the other side engages too soon for the slide to deploy.

Timing issue... A number of options... I would first have a look at the thread from a few weeks ago. I added some options to increase the time on the timing bar that controls the slide release lever. The option 2, the nut on top of the clock, is a good start as you need to extend the time on the timing lever.

Also if you have bent the master slide with the upright metal part holding the slides, this will affect the release lever, so bent towards slides will cause lever to release early. Someone may have bent this before to try and address the issue.

Re: Aristocrat Bingo Clickety Click
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Thanks treefrog,

The master slide was bent back away from the slides. I straightened it so it was upright.

I did try screwing that screw clockwise so the bar at the back of the slides would clear the slides earlier (if that's correct) but did not want to mess too much with that before I got some proper advice.

Will have a look at that thread now.

Thanks Ronnie
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I think OP is saying that the cycle is stopping at the fourth clunk.
If so, try strengthening the spring that pulls the clock back.

I don't understand the reference to a pay out on a lemon. Perhaps I also need to read the whole thread again.
Don't give up, you're on the final run.

BP :cool:
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

1 lemon should pay same as 1 cherry but via another finger. I do get the 5 clunks - maybe I'm not explaining well. I will do a video and try and upload it later.

treefrog, I have tried your first 2 methods but still no joy. When the horizontal finger is kicked out, it springs back before the payslide can trigger. Should this finger stay out until the slide can move back?

Thanks Ronnie
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

So we are talking about the right parts here - when you say horizontal payout finger, you are talking about the stack of 6 or 5 horizontal ones that each have a spring at the back? If so, and you say it moves away from the slides, but springs back so it locks the slides after a win. First question, is there a spring at the back? Next, I have had similar issues when the vertical finger engages the win holes, but bounces back, so not allowing the lower fingers to release the slide, due to an incorrect spring being used. Over tight vertical springs can cause issues, as well as ones too loose. Check this first.
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Thanks, I will check the springs again, one does look new on the lower fingers, I will do a short video and take a few pics.

Cheers Ronnie
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Hope this short video highlights the problem maybe in the timing?

The top springs are stronger than the bottom set but look right to me?

Have attached some pics too

Thanks Ronnie
Attachments
IMG_0939a.jpg
IMG_0938a.jpg
IMG_0937a.jpg
IMG_0936a.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Just to answer an early question you asked, the horizontal fingers have to move away from the slides while the slide brake is still holding the slides back and stay there. As Tom says, the master slide has most likely been bent to solve the problem. Now you have put it back to the correct position. It's made things worse, but that's good in a way, as you can now address the original problem.

I don't know this machine well, but lemon wins are VERY rare. The lemon is traditionally a loser in American culture. Do all the other payouts work correctly? The vertical springs look good (as long as they are not too strong). The horizontal springs do look a bit of a mixed bunch. These springs are always a bit odd. They need to be surprisingly weak, yet strong enough to pull the finger quickly and hold it in place. Have you checked that the fingers have no dirt on the pivot causing them to stick?
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

1 and 2 lemons pay out 2 and 4 coins on Deci King.
Attachments
Aristocrat-Kingsway-ONE-ARM-BANDIT-Royal.jpg
Aristocrat-Kingsway-ONE-ARM-BANDIT-Royal.jpg (38.78 KiB) Viewed 2005 times
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Thanks for the help guys. In the case of a cherry win I can see the finger being kicked away from the slides, but it seems to go back behind the slide before it can slide?

The lemon win is the bottom finger and looks to be a new spring, but feels as weak as the rest, but I will try swapping it with one of the others.

I have not checked all the wins yet, but it seems mostly the 2 and 3 reel wins work apart from 2 oranges and the star type symbol, but I have seen it fail on 2 cherries. I will try and check them all, but as you said, it may be worse now after bending the master slide.

Thanks Ronnie