Coin Operated Rolls Weighing Scales - Adjustment?

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
markjbevan

Coin Operated Rolls Weighing Scales - Adjustment?

Post by markjbevan »

Hi all, I'm not sure if this falls into the realms of penny machines or not.... A few months ago, I bought some coin operated weighing scales from a pub (my job involves visiting lots of pubs), and this was sat in the corridor. It wasn't working as the weight displayed wasn't correct, but apparently it had been at the pub for years and years, maybe 20, and just sat there.

I bought them from the pub, with the intention of making them accurate and getting them fully working. The mechanism is complete and works (ie; when you put in a coin the needle moves) but under-weighs by a few stone. I'm thinking this just needs the needle start point moving, but before I do anything I wanted to check if anyone else had experience in this area in case I break anything!

I didn't have a key for the back door (behind the dial) but managed to gently force it off so I now have access to everything. Here's a pic...

Thanks in advance, best wishes, Mark
Attachments
Scales2a.jpg
Scales1a.jpg
coppinpr

Re: Coin Operated Rolls Weighing Scales - Adjustment?

Post by coppinpr »

Nice scale. I'm guessing made by the same Rolls Co that made washing machines and razors?
If you're really stuck on how to adjust, contact Christpher Steele in USA. He's the best man there is when dealing with coin op scales. https://www.theamericanweigh.com/