Help make my reel spin faster

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
marktol

Help make my reel spin faster

Post by marktol »

Hi all,

My first post in quite a few years having fallen out of the hobby. I have jus picked up this lovely Hi-Top with what I think is the original crinkle paint.

It works great however the reels spin quite slow and stop before the clock does. Would appreciate some advice on how I can get this running more smoothly again please?

Ok - so I am also failing the inteligence test and cannot remember how to attach photo's and videos - if someone could also remind me of this that would be great !PUZZLED!

Thanks,
Mark
treefrog

Re: Help make my reel spin faster

Post by treefrog »

Crikey, how could you lose interest in the hobby :shock:

When you post, there is an option below the text box to add attachments, select this

Slowness can be many things, eg kicker, gummed up reels, damaged or worn shafts etc
marktol

Post by marktol »

Thanks,

When I say lost interest; what I meant was the workshop I was using I lost access to and I ended up with too many patch's of oil on the carpet in my flat at the time. Fast forward a few years and I've moved house so have the space and tools :)

Thanks for the tip - in Chrome the button doesn't show just a little white block.

Here is the machine:

Machine
Machine

It doesn't seem to want to accept my videos though?

The mech is generally in really clean tidy condition.

The glass in the escalator window and reel windows are not original; they are two bits of thinner glass stuck together so I will try and find some originals to replace with and the back door lock has been drilled so need to replace that otherwise its complete and in good order.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

marktol wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:23 pm in Chrome the button doesn't show just a little white block.
Yes, went weird yesterday after I updated the forum styles. I'm trying to sort it now.
Edit to add - Fixed now. :cool:
marktol wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:23 pm It doesn't seem to want to accept my videos though?
If your video is hosted - just post the URL here.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Welcome back.
marktol

Post by marktol »

Thank you all,

Here is a video clip of the machine cycling. Any tips greatly appreciated.

chris rideout

Post by chris rideout »

Hi, Mark. I bought a Sega jackpot mech from you in August 2013 and it is working perfectly. I hope you have sorted out your reel problems by now. One thing I suspected was the reel brakes might have been screwed down too much. That adjustment is the easiest.
Good luck. 😃