Aristocrat Moneytree

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
treefrog

Re: Aristocrat Moneytree

Post by treefrog »

The part shown pushes back the vertical fingers and I cannot tell if out of shape as don’t have one in front of me to compare.

The timing bar shown below should move further to the left to complete the cycle and release the slide stop lever. Try by hand moving this to the left - it should go all the way. If it does not, you need to track what is stopping it.

In terms of the slides, assuming what we see is what you have, share a picture of the front of the machine so we can see the awards. We can then tell you how many and the type it should have.
Attachments
F4F96A1C-302E-4E40-BB71-3442F5FBB4AC.jpeg
F4F96A1C-302E-4E40-BB71-3442F5FBB4AC.jpeg (57.28 KiB) Viewed 1355 times
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

4FCE4765-F418-40ED-AE10-0BFB27E4C76Fa.jpg

Hi TF
Re Timing Bar - it is stopped going any further by the kicker which hits the cam on the clock… I am thinking the dog / kicker is not in right position to start with??? Am I thinking too much? 🧐

I took a pic of the arm at the back and note it does not go to the top during the cycle…it goes to rest at the bottom at the end of the cycle.

5154CD7F-3AEB-4814-A600-D166BC549A77a.jpg

Below is a better pic of the slides. From my measurement it looks as though 1 is missing(depending on the thickness) gap is about 10mm and each slide is 7mm thick.

33D6C46E-1213-417F-89E9-0A9CC6843F37a.jpg

Can you advise what this screw serves? I removed it (only about 1/4” long) and it simply screws into the main cast frame and doesn’t hold anything….

397B6B46-8791-4272-95C4-3811CA0AB567a.jpg

treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The dog or kicker should not stop the timing bar. The cam you mention does allow small adjustment as it is offset and you can hand turn around to the thinnest setting, but doubt it would be enough.

The slides - we need to see your award plate on the front of the machine to know what is the correct number, usually 5 or 6, but can vary.

The screw at the bottom is the upper finger pivot pin and goes through all the upper fingers.

You can try adjusting the dog anvil, moving the bar inwards. This will give a greater leverage, but as mentioned, the whole timing bar needs to move further back.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

OK, while we have photos of the rear, let's be sure you are aware of what's going on during the wind-up in this area. I assume the plate you removed is (A). This takes a pounding and might be bent, but it should not make a difference unless it's very bad. This plate is a good indicator of the clock not winding far enough. When the clock winds up in the direction of the green arrow it should lift (A) and pull (C) underneath it, so that as the clock unwinds. (A) is held up for a short while; this is so (A) can hold back all the fingers in the (B) area away from the pay discs during the unwind.

I don't know Aristos well enough to tell what slides are missing. I'm guessing two, but if they are 1 coin, 2 coin, 3 coin, I wouldn't know. We would need to see the award card for your machine so we know the payouts to work it out. We would also need to know what slides ARE there (1 coin, 2 coin etc.) AND what coins the machine is using. You are also missing the slide top plate that holds them all in place. Also, as mentioned earlier, the coin tube, reject tube are missing (I might have those).
Attachments
aristo rear 1.jpg
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Thanks TF
Yes the timing bar still has another 1-1.5” to go….turning the cam around to its thinnest point would make little difference as you suggest.
That screw is only about 1/4” long…thread is about 3/32”….unless it is holding in a pin that goes thru the fingers??? Almost directly above is the screw pin which holds the plate that pushes the fingers back.
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Thanks Coppinpr…
Having pulled it to bits I have learned a lot of how a good part of the machine works…including how that plate holds the fingers back so the reels can spin….
One part I don’t quite get yet is what actually makes the reels spin… As mine does not complete the full cycle, I can’t see what actually pushes the reels…
I had no idea about the slides you mentioned… How they are different representing different number of coins… 😳
I’ll take pics of the ones I have tomorrow and of the front of the machine…
You mentioned you may have some parts???. That would be fantastic if that was the case…
Cheers
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Hi All
I hereby attach pics of the coin slides I have - the only marking on them is 135-12 and 135-13.
Also the pic of the front of the machine. It takes 10c coins.
Cheers
Attachments
A45A9C39-882F-41D6-B9E6-32C14CC85C3Ba.jpg
45917B9A-FF0F-4CB7-B7CC-84A0126164AAa.jpg
348D2C7E-0DC0-4C03-99CD-71910EF1C075a.jpg
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

On the small screw….I found it holds a plate which covers the pin for the fingers…
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

You should have 6 slides as it is a standard 20 coin payout, so order from bottom upwards is 2 coin, 3 coin, 5 coin, 4 coin, 4 coin and a 2 coin on top.

The pin that holds all the upper fingers in place goes through each of them.

One thing not asked, was whether any of the upper fingers are touching the metal pay discs on the reels, as if they have not been held back far enough they will interfere with the firing of the machine.
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Hello TF
Thank you very much for that info.
I have checked and I have 2 black plastic slides, 1 is for 5 coins the other is for 4. I also have these 2 which are of an alloy and are 2 coins high each. Is the one on the right also considered a payout slide? Which would mean I am missing a 3 and a 4 coin slide....
The fingers rest against the pay discs until the cycle commences during which they are well clear of the discs.
I have been able to locate a service manual for a similar machine which includes how to set the dog and anvil so I will try to follow that next few days.
Happy to share that manual if anyone would like a copy.
Cheers
Attachments
466A63DF-4901-43C8-9A49-DF64F7945A87a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

So you need to work out what is blocking the cycle finish or allow the timing arm and main operating arm return back up, as this is likely to relate to what is causing your problem.

Adjusting the dog takes 15 secs with a adjustable spanner....

I only ever bought one manual, which I got in my first year of collecting from a well known collector in Australia who is no longer with us and was on this forum. I never used it to help with any issues as typically they provide basic info and once you have worked out the principle you never need anyway :D
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Hi TF
I am still trying to establish what is stopping it complete the full cycle.
I have now got the trigger at horizontal and the reels are spinning more - but no where near the rotations they should.
Will remove the kicker arm and reels again to see if I can see something….and set it up as per manual advises to see if that makes a difference.
I have this arm which just dangles loosely. Appreciate if you can advise its purpose……
Thanks
Attachments
F8A64DAA-09D3-4495-AC6E-79A4E55BA431a.jpg
7A141994-7871-416C-81AF-F79D631C8352a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Looks like a coin overflow lever, which pushes full coin tube excess coins into the cash box. Without a coin tube obviously not doing anything.
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Hi TF
I removed this bracket which pivots the slide holding arm and found firstly it cannot fit inside the space directly in front of the slides. The service manual I have, although hand drawn, shows the arm sitting flush against the slide.
Upon closer inspection of the bracket I notice it has been modified with some soldering. Not sure what the soldering has done apart from strengthen the bracket.
Should it sit further left inside the obvious space or is it ok as shown in pic?
Thanks
Attachments
F6D97D8B-B123-4058-8EB8-D06023C457F0a.jpg
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Hello TF
With your (and others) expert advise and the manual I am pleased to advise I have the machine functioning well now. 😊😊😊😊

I am purchasing some coin slides from Paul….
He suggested I contact you and Aristo (who I don’t know) to see if you have spares that I still need that Paul cannot help with….
See pic….I need A and B….
Appreciate if you can advise. If you have them I would ask if you can forward them to Paul who has kindly offered to consolidate with the parts he has.
Thanks
Tony
Attachments
B0A8AD06-43AD-4594-886D-FF6522C0ABE9a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Part B are as rare as hens teeth and often missing, I would be suprised if someone had one for sale, but you never know. The token vendor, not sure why you need this as there is no evidence your machine had one, as your slide top cover is for the single tube. The tube cover is more easy to get, but there are at least two type, in Australia you see a squarer type.

I don’t know who Paul is, but is your machine a 10C version, if so this is similar to your old shilling and ours (although not identical) , as such any replacements need to match. Also Aristocrat slides are not always the same as other makers with the coin hole in different positions.

You are missing the reel stop arms and mounts, unless you had elsewhere…..

Lastly, so what was the issue with the machine? !PUZZLED!
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Hi TF
Paul is Coppinpr….
That pic is of his machine… I am not looking for a token vendor… just the overflow tube A and the bracket B or chute? at the top of the coin tube….
I wasn’t aware that the holes in the slides may be in different positions… the ones I am buying from Paul are the right thickness and the holes are almost the same - 1.5mm less dia. so my plan is to bore them out. Hopefully the hole positions are right.
Yes, mine is a 10c coin machine.
I have all the stopper arms and mount.
Basically followed the service manual - started with the dog and anvil and played around with that until it was spinning the reels better.
I also fiddled with the payout lift bracket and adjusted the payout lift arm. As I adjusted one thing it affected another so it took a while of trial and error.
Lastly played around with the stopper arms to get the timing right…
I did make a mistake when I removed the reels to clean them. I undid the clamp brackets at the reels which jumbled all the positions against the payout arms, so just working on getting that all realigned now. Not straightforward for me. 🙂🙂🙂
A big part of it was that it needed a good clean as it sat for almost 30 years.
So I assume you don’t have either part I’m chasing?
I have tried contacting Henry Powell for parts but he just doesn’t reply. He was initially…
Cheers
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Has anyone own a parts manual for an early 70s Aristocrat they are willing to sell a copy of?
Thanks