Aristocrat Moneytree

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
classicgambler

Aristocrat Moneytree

Post by classicgambler »

Hello guys I have an Aristocrat Moneytree. I will put a picture of of the machine in a min, but first the other day all was well until today I put in a coin pull the handle and the first reel wont spin and the other two just moves slightly but upon pulling the handle it is so difficult to pull it just feels like the whole mech is going to snap i have check almost everything but is there something i have missed i even took out the reel bundle but found nothing checked the kicker arm still nothing i want to get this one going again can anyone give me tips or help so i can bring it back to life please
Attachments
aristocrat moneytree.jpg
classicgambler

Re: reels not spinning any idea's please

Post by classicgambler »

Any ideas please?? !PUZZLED!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

-o0O0o- !TWWP! !!MEXWAVE!!
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

I will get some on Thursday for you as that is the only time I can get them. I will try and do a small video too.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Yes, photos needed but sounds like hard grease to me. Aristocrats seem prone to that in my view. We need to know - do the reels spin freely when the clock is stopped? Does the kicker move freely on its spindle? Is the whole of the cycle stiff? (Is it hard to pull the handle when loading the cycle or just once the cycle starts to unwind?). You might start by removing the slides and seeing if it's still stiff. It could be something in that area holding things up. Are there coins in ALL the slots in the escalator? If there is an empty slot and the anti cheat arm is still on the escalator (many are removed), then that arm will stop you pulling the handle.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

As coppin says, and others including myself have said many many times, the first thing to do is make sure all supposedly moving parts are free to move as they should do. There are plenty of threads giving advice in terms of what is best to use and where to use or not to use it etc.
It seems you have stated you have done some of this, so apologies if you have done all the mechanism already, but it really is the start point for any of these machines.
It llooks to me that the rotary window is dummy coins? If it is, then it's highly unlikely that there will be a complete rotary mechanism behind it... causing any issues..... but I've been wrong before! So listen to all the advice before deciding which to follow.

GP
classicgambler

Re: Aristocrat Moneytree - reels not spinning

Post by classicgambler »

here is the video link of the said machine

classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

here are some photos for you as requested
Attachments
7.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

and a few more here too now bear in mind the first reel dont move and the other two very slightly do move
Attachments
12.jpg
11.jpg
10.jpg
9.jpg
8.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Without seeing any evidence in the video I'd guess the the fingers aren't retracting from the payout discs because the the trip that does the job isn't sitting on top of the vertical lever that holds it there.

Look at the rear of the mechanism, it's the one at the bottom more or less in the middle and operates in league with the clock.

More often than not the levers axle gets bunged up with grease. Like everyone keeps saying.

BP
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Could we see the cycle run without the reel bundle in? Does it run correctly without the reels in? If you stop the clock at once, are the reels free to turn? Don't worry, we can fix this.
It sounds a little like the clock is not controlling the cycle. It's running, I can hear that, but sounds like it's not connected to the shifts. STILL sounds like dirty parts so far.
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

You can have a look at the cycle run but that is just the same. It is very hard to use a large screwdriver to pull down the handle. I nearly broke my wrist trying. I have also tried to stop the clock with the screwdriver stuck in, but the reels don't move. Plus, I'm using a mobile phone to get the video of it. I will try one more time though. When you say the trip that does the job isn't sitting on top of the vertical lever, could you point out which one I am looking for so I can verify this when looking again on Saturday and I will put a video on of the bundle out of the cabinet. I will do a couple of mini videos for you too.
rod71

Post by rod71 »

Can't help with your issue. But I can tell you your machine isn't a Money Tree. It's another game with a Money Tree belly panel, as I picked this up the other day :)
Attachments
20140304_172622a.jpg
riche100

Post by riche100 »

I spoke to Mark of ex Greaves Amusements of Leicester and he told me they used to make the Moneytree Bally machine amongst others. :)
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Les,
Are the payout slides moving OK and not jammed up?
I've had this issue a few times where it's really hard to pull because a coin has been jamming the payout slides. They have to move with the cycle as well. I have also known the slide push rod to bend because of this.
Try taking the coin tube off and check the slides.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Just had a quick look at your pix. My eyesight is getting poorer but I think it shows you have a problem with the push rod at the back of the machine (handle side) next to the bracket that the long slide springs attach to. The plate with two screws should elongate further to the handle side and the push rod should be retained below that plate to keep it horizontal. Your plate looks to be damaged and the push rod looks to be at 45 degrees upwards. So that's one thing that needs attention. It may not fix the problem you have now and that may include another problem, but this one needs fixing.

You will be able to buy a plate off Henry Powell for sure and get it posted back to you or you could fabricate yourself, but for the minimal cost I would just buy one myself.

I cannot seem to open the video. I am out to the hospital so hopefully others with more experience will chip in with maybe other problems they have seen with better eyes than mine. You will get this sorted - just taking a little time that's all. Be nice later to reinstall the missing rotary coin escalator parts I presumed would be missing behind those dummy stuck on coins.

GP
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Here you go. I took a quick pix as I am not likely to be able to respond afterwards. This is a spare mechanism and you can see on this how the bracket has had some tension on this mechanism but it's still in place... just! Yours has, I think, sheared off at the weakest thinnest point under tension. A word of caution though - something has caused the initial significant tension, so that's the root cause that needs to be either attended to or be sure it's not still present. So before sorting the bracket at the rear, I would suggest that the slide stack at least should be removed and checked for any foreign object or bent coin etc. and that the slides are not damaged in any way.

When reassembling the slide-stack, it's better that it's a little loose rather than too tight at first, so you don't do any lasting damage when first attempting to cycle the machine again. You can always re-tighten to normal tension, once you're sure all is clear and there are no other obstructions.

Hope that's of some help anyway.
Attachments
SV101731.JPG
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

Thanks for the information guys. I will strip down the slides to see if anything is in there making this happen. I will then report back to let you know what it might be.
Cheers guys.
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

reporting back from a full day of trying to figure this one out first of all i checked the payout slides there was no coin jammed up inside there was a lot of grease built up though so i decided to proceed with taking out the payout slides but low and behold there was the front top part of the slides which is made out of plastic it had broken in three, but i did have a spare one thank god. anyway after cleaning all the slides and getting rid of the grease i put them back together looked a bit more into what might be the cause and looking at the previous posts on here i could not find anything so anyway i will put some more photos on including the damaged payslide. but there is one thing that i did see was that the arm that pulls back the payout fingers in picture number 2 and is connected to the clock it do go all the way to the top i will try and get a video of it tomorrow so i can show you what i mean
Attachments
bandit 6.jpg
bandit 5.jpg
bandit 4.jpg
bandit 3.jpg
bandit 2.jpg
bandit 1.jpg
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Les,
Did you try to cycle the mech when you had the payout slides out?