Aristocrat Moneytree

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
tommy1

Re: Aristocrat Moneytree

Post by tommy1 »

Thanks… You have scared me a little about adjusting the dog and anvil. 😊
I have created a small video showing what the machine is doing, so would appreciate your advice… and if the issue is the dog and anvil. Cheers

Hi BP
Thank you for your advice.
Are saying the dog should sit UNDER the anvil?
Thanks
Attachments
41DC2CE1-72F5-4AAB-972D-DC6787B1BFD7.jpeg
41DC2CE1-72F5-4AAB-972D-DC6787B1BFD7.jpeg (39.07 KiB) Viewed 1412 times
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Let's not get confused with strange names. Let's call the bit on the left A and the one on the right B.

When the machine is at rest A is below B and both are horizontal.

As the handle is pulled A raises and starts to tip B, until it tips b so far that A passes it.
B then drops. This fires the machine.
As the handle raises A slides past B, and the machine is at rest.

Re-reading all of your posts I see that Treefrog advised you to check that nothing is jamming the slides, did you do that?
Also he tells you how to release the pressure by reversing the ratchet, have you done that?

BP
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Hi BP

I have thoroughly checked the machine as advised by Treefrog for anything jamming it but I cannot find anything. I have removed the coin tube….
My machine is different as in the pic posted by Treefrog so I’m not 100% sure where my ratchet is but I will take a closer look tomorrow.
Can I ask you to please clarify a couple of points.
1. You said that my Dog And Anvil are clearly misaligned. Can you please advise how it should be?
2. When you say slides….what exactly are you referring to? Pardon my ignorance but I have little idea about these machines - as you can tell.
I will try and take a video of what the machine does outside the case as advised by Treefrog once I find that ratchet.
From the video I sent did that provide any clue as to why the reels are not spinning?
Thank you
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Look at the picture I shared - by the red screwdriver tip you should see a small pinion that locks on the operator teeth holding the arm in its current position. You need to push down with the left screwdriver to release pressure on the pinion... This will bring the mechanism back to normal state.

Your dog may be OK, and does not look misaligned. As mentioned, undoing the nut you can slide in and out, but this can affect timing if not the cause.

Release the arm first, check over the machine and try operating again.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

tommy1 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:28 pm Hi BP

I have thoroughly checked the machine as advised by Treefrog for anything jamming it but I cannot find anything. I have removed the coin tube….
My machine is different as in the pic posted by Treefrog so I’m not 100% sure where my ratchet is but I will take a closer look tomorrow.
Your ratchet will be exactly where TF is pointing to on his, both machines are the same.
Can I ask you to please clarify a couple of points.
1. You said that my Dog And Anvil are clearly misaligned. Can you please advise how it should be?
"When the machine is at rest A is below B and both are horizontal."
2. When you say slides….what exactly are you referring to?
Pardon my ignorance but I have little idea about these machines - as you can tell.
The slides are what deliver the coins you win from the bottom of the brass tube. TF asked you if there were any coins jammed in them, you said they were empty
I will try and take a video of what the machine does outside the case as advised by Treefrog once I find that ratchet.
From the video I sent did that provide any clue as to why the reels are not spinning? Yes, the kicker only spins the reels when the mechanism fires, and we know yours hasn't fired because as I said, As the handle is pulled A raises and starts to tip B, until it tips B so far that A passes it. B then drops. This fires the machine. That hasn't happened because your handle can't go down any further, it's jammed so A can't raise B allowing it to fire. That's why TF and I have urged you to release the ratchet, take the strain off it and allow it to go back to rest.
Thank you
I fear this is too much for anyone to take in at the very beginning. I know I was a good year into hands on experience with 3 reelers before I understood at this level. Where are you? Maybe we have a member nearby who could show you in less confusing ways. This feels like sorting apples by phone.
As we keep saying, until you reverse the ratchet and get it back to rest, nothing else can be tackled.
It's a bit like a car owner phoning a garage asking why their car has all its warning lights on and won't start. And the garage keeps saying, "but until we get it out of the ditch and the right way up there's nothing more we can do at the moment".

So, you need to get that far.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

all great advice as usual, no one has mentioned that you need to take care releasing the mech, a lot of energy gets stored up in the machine during the wind-up cycle and yours is stuck close to the top of the cycle when you release the pressure things will happen quickly and you need to avoid one of these things being your fingers flying past your ear (its not that bad really but it can hurt you big time) :cool:
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Thanks to all with your advice. I am a raw beginner but each time I read your advice and go back to the machine I learn more. I really appreciate your patience.

I have attached a video link showing the cycle and what happens. Reels want to move but only give a tease….😢

I think I have found the ratchet which is different on my machine. See pic A. It locks one of the 3 ratchet wheels which sit alongside the reels. Disengaging that makes little difference.

I also noticed a couple of things which seem odd to me.
See pic B these plastic blocks sit partially over the coin deposit hole and during the cycle move forward slightly but not enough to align to the hole??? Is that correct?

Also noticed a part at the back of the machine which does nothing during the cycle and doesn’t seem to be connected to anything bar a spring. I can simply move it with my finger. See pics C and D.
Appreciate your comments…
Tony
Attachments
AE36C375-8335-4A68-A11C-7BAC884A63A5a.jpg
B74D11F1-4015-4423-BC36-1EDDCC625696a.jpg
DBEE57DD-79DE-45FA-B016-BBA7FA81CFD9a.jpg
B3DEA11A-E366-4052-9ABA-42ECF06B3D13a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I have already shared a picture of the ratchet in question and yes it will be the same as your machine, in fact on Mills, Jubilees etc etc... I will see if I can get a closer picture or one or video showing what to do. The item highlighted in picture A is the reel kicker that will for the reels around.

The back items in C And D will only come into play once machine has cycled and are all part of the timing of various parts dropping into place.

The plastic blocks in B are the coin slides, it looks like you are missing some as should be stacked to the top under the slide cover. There is an odd part I have highlighted below, can you check what this is or if it moves as it looks like a foreign object...
Attachments
B74D11F1-4015-4423-BC36-1EDDCC625696a.jpg
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Ok thanks Treefrog, I will check that part tomorrow and take a closer look for that ratchet.
Can you tell me anything from the video??? Is it functioning properly? Or is it still incomplete?
Thanks
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

You don’t need to worry about the ratchet as your machine does trip past the dog. Check that foreign object I mentioned; nothing should be there other than the slides stops and horizontal fingers.
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

I ventured out in the dark and rain and took this pic. It seems it is the lever that pushes the sliding blocks forward. It has a bit of blu-tak on the end.
Attachments
1AD7AE68-BF59-4726-8A0C-1384E40E95A6a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

It may be what you're looking at is the rubber damper that stops the slides, otherwise they will make a hell of a bang and do damage.

Can’t see a foreign object, but rewatching your video, the kicker does not operate and the operating arm does not return up to the normal position as it should go a lot higher.

The issue may be the kicker is gummed up solid with old grease. Looking at the pictures, it looks like old congealed stuff and you need to unbolt, clean and lubricate. You can try doing this if you have access, but may also have to remove the reel bundle, which has two nuts on the end and slide out the reel bundle rod.
Attachments
519308DF-92F6-4F3B-8761-D1046B478EEA.jpeg
519308DF-92F6-4F3B-8761-D1046B478EEA.jpeg (47.43 KiB) Viewed 1315 times
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

To add to TF's observations. Apart from the foreign item (which seems to be a horizontal finger randomly shoved in the comb, I can see the hole for the spring in the end which should be at the back of the mech, not the front).

The support arm in pics C & D is gummed up and not travelling to the right (even though it has a spring on it), so it doesn't hold up the support arm that holds the vertical fingers back. Another reason the reels won't spin: they have vertical fingers fouling them.

This machine is in need of a complete pull down, degreasing, parts sourced and setting up.
I imagine you don't want to tell us where you are, yet suspect you may be getting out of your depth, and would benefit from somebody talking you through and explaining how a cycle progresses.

BP
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I think BP has hit the nail on the head - without the part marked "B" moving to the right slipping under the knob above it, nothing is ever going to move. It might not be the main problem, but we can't tell until it's doing its job. Remove it, clean it, VERY lightly oil its bearing, and check the spring is good.

It's also true you need at least a basic grasp of the cycle. The reels can never spin if the vertical fingers (the ones that rest against the discs with the holes in) don't pull back, and stay back while the machine runs and it's part "B" that makes this happen.

IF the timing is correctly set, the knob you can see just above part "B" will rise up as you pull the handle until it clears "B"; the spring on "B" will pull it across to the right UNDER the knob. This holds the vertical fingers away from the discs with the holes in so they can spin during the unwind and slowly "B" moves left till the knob falls off the top of "B".

Cleaning the grease out of the machine is everything at this early stage - we can't even be sure the clock is running smoothly (if at all) at the moment.

Even if the cycle runs correctly, in the near future the machine will still malfunction as long as the coin slides are (a) exposed and (b) some are missing. It might be best to remove what slides there are during the initial problem-solving phase. :cool:
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Hello TF, BP
I took your advice and basically pulled the machine to bits, degreased everything and applied new grease. I found the shaft in the clock was stuck solid.
I reassembled the unit and gave it a go. I was so pleased… Definitely better but still doesn’t seem to spin the reels enough….appreciate your advice. I have taken a rather crude video to show you what it does now.

Having done that I have learnt a great deal how it operates…
I have attached a pic…I don’t understand what the part arrowed does….appreciate your advice again.
Thanks again
Attachments
4DB30005-A17E-4D56-B57D-C412D46C0B60a.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

pleased to see things are moving in the right direction, a word of warning, never use grease,a very small amount of light sewing machine oil on moving parts that don't come into contact with coins (NEVER near any part that uses the coins) From what I can see the part you don't understand is the slide brake.
Your beginning to understand that the clock drives everything during the wind-down, including the slide brake. When you pull the handle (the wind up) the slides move towards the front of the machine, the clock loads up and in so doing pushes the slide brake behind the retracted slides holding them in place during the spinning of the reels. As the clock slowly unwinds it pulls the slide break back to its start position releasing the slides at the very end of the wind-down which shoot back into the machine looking for a chance to payout (but that's another story for another day :lol:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Just took a look at your video and it seems the clock is not working at all!! The clock is there to slow everything down giving the reels time to spin. It should load up during the wind-up then slowly unwind (with the fin on the top acting as a governor) during the wind-down. It could be it's not loading up fully or it's not working at all. Could we have a video of the clock in action (from the back of the machine) as you pull the handle? Could be you need to remove the clock, dismantle, and clean. Sounds daunting but it's not. Here is a video treefrog did on servicing the clock:

tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Thanks very much for your advice…
That slide brake…it doesn’t do much… Is it doing it’s thing until there is money to pay out then it slides into the open slot??? I’ve pinned the slot in the attached pic.
Also any pointers to how to make it spin more?
Cheers

5B42B7BE-1B8C-4332-83C7-9E4AFFA60198a.jpg

Thanks Coppingpr
That’s a great video on the clock and clearly shows mine is not working… I will need to go and take another look at it as I pulled it apart today and gave it a good clean…
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

The clock controls everything on the wind-down and the slide brake plays its part on every cycle. Its role is to hold the slides back while the machine decides if the game is a winner or a loser. It plays no part in the decision. In the photo of your machine attached, as you pull the handle the slides "B" move away from the slide brake in the direction of the red arrow. As this happens, the clock "A" loads up ready to unwind by moving in the direction of the green arrow. This also causes the slide brake "D" to pivot on the bearing "E" and move to position "F" behind the now-retracted slides, ready to hold them back during the first part of the unwind. At this point, the handle has been pulled all the way down and the "dog" slips off the "anvil" and the unwind starts. The clock now takes complete control of the machine in every way, except the actual payout at the very end. It decides how long the reels spin when each one stops, when to release the vertical fingers AND when to release the slide brake. As the clock unwinds, the slide brake once again pivots on its bearing, but in the reverse direction, returning to its start position and allowing the slides to fall back into the machine. Another system then decides if the game is a win or lose, but that too is for another day.
Attachments
slota.jpg
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Brilliantly described….thank you