Aristocrat Moneytree

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
tommy1

Re: Aristocrat Moneytree

Post by tommy1 »

I ventured out in the dark and rain and took this pic. It seems it is the lever that pushes the sliding blocks forward. It has a bit of blu-tak on the end.
Attachments
1AD7AE68-BF59-4726-8A0C-1384E40E95A6a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

It may be what you're looking at is the rubber damper that stops the slides, otherwise they will make a hell of a bang and do damage.

Can’t see a foreign object, but rewatching your video, the kicker does not operate and the operating arm does not return up to the normal position as it should go a lot higher.

The issue may be the kicker is gummed up solid with old grease. Looking at the pictures, it looks like old congealed stuff and you need to unbolt, clean and lubricate. You can try doing this if you have access, but may also have to remove the reel bundle, which has two nuts on the end and slide out the reel bundle rod.
Attachments
519308DF-92F6-4F3B-8761-D1046B478EEA.jpeg
519308DF-92F6-4F3B-8761-D1046B478EEA.jpeg (47.43 KiB) Viewed 1314 times
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

To add to TF's observations. Apart from the foreign item (which seems to be a horizontal finger randomly shoved in the comb, I can see the hole for the spring in the end which should be at the back of the mech, not the front).

The support arm in pics C & D is gummed up and not travelling to the right (even though it has a spring on it), so it doesn't hold up the support arm that holds the vertical fingers back. Another reason the reels won't spin: they have vertical fingers fouling them.

This machine is in need of a complete pull down, degreasing, parts sourced and setting up.
I imagine you don't want to tell us where you are, yet suspect you may be getting out of your depth, and would benefit from somebody talking you through and explaining how a cycle progresses.

BP
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I think BP has hit the nail on the head - without the part marked "B" moving to the right slipping under the knob above it, nothing is ever going to move. It might not be the main problem, but we can't tell until it's doing its job. Remove it, clean it, VERY lightly oil its bearing, and check the spring is good.

It's also true you need at least a basic grasp of the cycle. The reels can never spin if the vertical fingers (the ones that rest against the discs with the holes in) don't pull back, and stay back while the machine runs and it's part "B" that makes this happen.

IF the timing is correctly set, the knob you can see just above part "B" will rise up as you pull the handle until it clears "B"; the spring on "B" will pull it across to the right UNDER the knob. This holds the vertical fingers away from the discs with the holes in so they can spin during the unwind and slowly "B" moves left till the knob falls off the top of "B".

Cleaning the grease out of the machine is everything at this early stage - we can't even be sure the clock is running smoothly (if at all) at the moment.

Even if the cycle runs correctly, in the near future the machine will still malfunction as long as the coin slides are (a) exposed and (b) some are missing. It might be best to remove what slides there are during the initial problem-solving phase. :cool:
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Hello TF, BP
I took your advice and basically pulled the machine to bits, degreased everything and applied new grease. I found the shaft in the clock was stuck solid.
I reassembled the unit and gave it a go. I was so pleased… Definitely better but still doesn’t seem to spin the reels enough….appreciate your advice. I have taken a rather crude video to show you what it does now.

Having done that I have learnt a great deal how it operates…
I have attached a pic…I don’t understand what the part arrowed does….appreciate your advice again.
Thanks again
Attachments
4DB30005-A17E-4D56-B57D-C412D46C0B60a.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

pleased to see things are moving in the right direction, a word of warning, never use grease,a very small amount of light sewing machine oil on moving parts that don't come into contact with coins (NEVER near any part that uses the coins) From what I can see the part you don't understand is the slide brake.
Your beginning to understand that the clock drives everything during the wind-down, including the slide brake. When you pull the handle (the wind up) the slides move towards the front of the machine, the clock loads up and in so doing pushes the slide brake behind the retracted slides holding them in place during the spinning of the reels. As the clock slowly unwinds it pulls the slide break back to its start position releasing the slides at the very end of the wind-down which shoot back into the machine looking for a chance to payout (but that's another story for another day :lol:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Just took a look at your video and it seems the clock is not working at all!! The clock is there to slow everything down giving the reels time to spin. It should load up during the wind-up then slowly unwind (with the fin on the top acting as a governor) during the wind-down. It could be it's not loading up fully or it's not working at all. Could we have a video of the clock in action (from the back of the machine) as you pull the handle? Could be you need to remove the clock, dismantle, and clean. Sounds daunting but it's not. Here is a video treefrog did on servicing the clock:

tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Thanks very much for your advice…
That slide brake…it doesn’t do much… Is it doing it’s thing until there is money to pay out then it slides into the open slot??? I’ve pinned the slot in the attached pic.
Also any pointers to how to make it spin more?
Cheers

5B42B7BE-1B8C-4332-83C7-9E4AFFA60198a.jpg

Thanks Coppingpr
That’s a great video on the clock and clearly shows mine is not working… I will need to go and take another look at it as I pulled it apart today and gave it a good clean…
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

The clock controls everything on the wind-down and the slide brake plays its part on every cycle. Its role is to hold the slides back while the machine decides if the game is a winner or a loser. It plays no part in the decision. In the photo of your machine attached, as you pull the handle the slides "B" move away from the slide brake in the direction of the red arrow. As this happens, the clock "A" loads up ready to unwind by moving in the direction of the green arrow. This also causes the slide brake "D" to pivot on the bearing "E" and move to position "F" behind the now-retracted slides, ready to hold them back during the first part of the unwind. At this point, the handle has been pulled all the way down and the "dog" slips off the "anvil" and the unwind starts. The clock now takes complete control of the machine in every way, except the actual payout at the very end. It decides how long the reels spin when each one stops, when to release the vertical fingers AND when to release the slide brake. As the clock unwinds, the slide brake once again pivots on its bearing, but in the reverse direction, returning to its start position and allowing the slides to fall back into the machine. Another system then decides if the game is a win or lose, but that too is for another day.
Attachments
slota.jpg
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Brilliantly described….thank you
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Hi Coppinpr
I took the clock apart and lo and behold I found a pin holding a cog onto the main shaft had sheered… so I replaced it and it seems to have fixed the clock.😊
However it still doesn’t spin the reels to any great extent….I am at a loss.
Can you please take a look at the attached video and advise what may be the problem?

Also I took the below pic after I noticed a lever near the fingers which doesn’t do anything during the cycle.
Appreciate any advice..
Thank you
Attachments
F52784D3-0127-4331-A4C5-E594C7E0C9ACa.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

OK, we had to fix the clock, and now we have. Perhaps tf and bp would like to comment at this point. To my eye, the machine doesn't load up fully, hence the short unwind. It's clear the clock doesn't fully load, and the slides don't move far enough forward, so we can assume nothing else is going the distance either. I'm tempted to say the timing on the "dog and anvil" is out and the dog slips off too soon (before the machine has fully loaded), but we need the input from the others before we even think of adjusting the dog.

Aristo is the man to advise on the lever. Hopefully, he will join the conversation.
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Thanks Coppinpr
I feel the same... it isn’t winding up enough…
Hopefully I can get some more advice… Cheers and thanks again.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Not winding up enough, suggests the reset doesn't complete, which in turn indicates the clock get pushed far enough ...... so the brake on the pay out slides doesn't engage and finally the kicker doesn't doesn't fully engage.
Which takes us back to extending the anvil just a smidge at a time, for the reasons described in the link I posted previously.

BP :cool:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

OK, so it's looking more and more like you need to adjust the anvil. Read this from the "tips & tricks" section. I wrote this 4 years ago and it sounds remarkably like your machine's problems. If you decide to give it a try, take care. If you go too far, the machine will jam in the loaded position and do its best to smash your fingers as you unjam it.
Adjusting worn bandit "dog & cog" so cycle completes
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Thanks Coppinpr
I just read that post…agree it does seem to describe my machine perfectly…
Looking at pics of other Aristocrat machines on this site I can see my dog is significantly past the horizontal... I expect this may cause the cycle to not complete????
Should I try and get that right first???
Attachments
0F82EFAA-0867-4F74-8283-DD9E391DBD78a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Trouble with these videos is you’re firing the machine so quickly it is difficult to tell what the hell is going on.

What would be good is to see clear still shots from all sides before you cycle the machine (full pictures of mechanism, not zoomed into a spot). I am particularly interested in see the other end, which we never see, with the timing bar on and whether that is starting in the right place. One problem that is clear, is that your machine does not start in the correct position in the first place, so it never completed the previous cycle...
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

tommy1 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:50 amLooking at pics of other Aristocrat machines on this site I can see my dog is significantly past the horizontal.
It only appears that way because, as TF righty says, it's not in the correct start position. When a machine has several problems at the same time it is, of course, a nightmare because one problem is hiding the next. We have the clock fixed now so we are moving forward, but remember without the missing slides and slide cover it will never pay, out even if it runs correctly.
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Hi Coppinpr,
How many slides am I missing?
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Hi TF
I have taken a few pics as you suggested… I currently have the reel ratchets off so I took the pics as is.
I also include a couple of pics of a plate a took off to check and clean… It seems to have taken a beating and slightly bent…
Appreciate your thoughts…
Attachments
E920E86E-5F91-43BE-8EE1-DD4B8877409Ea.jpg
ECC45173-77F9-4233-B2DC-370862CBC578a.jpg
4132EAE0-37BD-4C23-ABC0-F1168D4F8EABa.jpg
1B014F3A-027F-4E58-94CD-95E06539C9D5a.jpg
C19EC341-4873-46F3-987D-C5ECE1A25DBAa.jpg
B1A3A3D0-85CE-4BB1-ABBD-2E9E7C128939a.jpg
99E04F04-28FE-48B3-940A-8892B819451Aa.jpg
EBF152E5-1FCA-41B7-981D-EB04EE57A24Aa.jpg
66C25FD2-63D9-4424-A367-AA7761D2DD12a.jpg