Aristocrat Moneytree

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
treefrog

Re: Aristocrat Moneytree

Post by treefrog »

So you need to work out what is blocking the cycle finish or allow the timing arm and main operating arm return back up, as this is likely to relate to what is causing your problem.

Adjusting the dog takes 15 secs with a adjustable spanner....

I only ever bought one manual, which I got in my first year of collecting from a well known collector in Australia who is no longer with us and was on this forum. I never used it to help with any issues as typically they provide basic info and once you have worked out the principle you never need anyway :D
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Hi TF
I am still trying to establish what is stopping it complete the full cycle.
I have now got the trigger at horizontal and the reels are spinning more - but no where near the rotations they should.
Will remove the kicker arm and reels again to see if I can see something….and set it up as per manual advises to see if that makes a difference.
I have this arm which just dangles loosely. Appreciate if you can advise its purpose……
Thanks
Attachments
F8A64DAA-09D3-4495-AC6E-79A4E55BA431a.jpg
7A141994-7871-416C-81AF-F79D631C8352a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Looks like a coin overflow lever, which pushes full coin tube excess coins into the cash box. Without a coin tube obviously not doing anything.
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Hi TF
I removed this bracket which pivots the slide holding arm and found firstly it cannot fit inside the space directly in front of the slides. The service manual I have, although hand drawn, shows the arm sitting flush against the slide.
Upon closer inspection of the bracket I notice it has been modified with some soldering. Not sure what the soldering has done apart from strengthen the bracket.
Should it sit further left inside the obvious space or is it ok as shown in pic?
Thanks
Attachments
F6D97D8B-B123-4058-8EB8-D06023C457F0a.jpg
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Hello TF
With your (and others) expert advise and the manual I am pleased to advise I have the machine functioning well now. 😊😊😊😊

I am purchasing some coin slides from Paul….
He suggested I contact you and Aristo (who I don’t know) to see if you have spares that I still need that Paul cannot help with….
See pic….I need A and B….
Appreciate if you can advise. If you have them I would ask if you can forward them to Paul who has kindly offered to consolidate with the parts he has.
Thanks
Tony
Attachments
B0A8AD06-43AD-4594-886D-FF6522C0ABE9a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Part B are as rare as hens teeth and often missing, I would be suprised if someone had one for sale, but you never know. The token vendor, not sure why you need this as there is no evidence your machine had one, as your slide top cover is for the single tube. The tube cover is more easy to get, but there are at least two type, in Australia you see a squarer type.

I don’t know who Paul is, but is your machine a 10C version, if so this is similar to your old shilling and ours (although not identical) , as such any replacements need to match. Also Aristocrat slides are not always the same as other makers with the coin hole in different positions.

You are missing the reel stop arms and mounts, unless you had elsewhere…..

Lastly, so what was the issue with the machine? !PUZZLED!
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Hi TF
Paul is Coppinpr….
That pic is of his machine… I am not looking for a token vendor… just the overflow tube A and the bracket B or chute? at the top of the coin tube….
I wasn’t aware that the holes in the slides may be in different positions… the ones I am buying from Paul are the right thickness and the holes are almost the same - 1.5mm less dia. so my plan is to bore them out. Hopefully the hole positions are right.
Yes, mine is a 10c coin machine.
I have all the stopper arms and mount.
Basically followed the service manual - started with the dog and anvil and played around with that until it was spinning the reels better.
I also fiddled with the payout lift bracket and adjusted the payout lift arm. As I adjusted one thing it affected another so it took a while of trial and error.
Lastly played around with the stopper arms to get the timing right…
I did make a mistake when I removed the reels to clean them. I undid the clamp brackets at the reels which jumbled all the positions against the payout arms, so just working on getting that all realigned now. Not straightforward for me. 🙂🙂🙂
A big part of it was that it needed a good clean as it sat for almost 30 years.
So I assume you don’t have either part I’m chasing?
I have tried contacting Henry Powell for parts but he just doesn’t reply. He was initially…
Cheers
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Has anyone own a parts manual for an early 70s Aristocrat they are willing to sell a copy of?
Thanks