Aristocrat Moneytree

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
coppinpr

Re: Aristocrat Moneytree - reels not spinning

Post by coppinpr »

I know we like a challenge but putting the photos on upside-down is pushing us a bit !PUNISH!

in the photos have you removed any parts from ther rear of the machine because some are certainly missing from the photos, also the clock dose not look right, dose it run nice and smooth?
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

I don't know how the heck that happened - taking photos upside down... I did not remove any parts from the rear of the machine, only the payout slides. What do you reckon is missing???
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Perhaps you've got your jumper on back to front? :o
tommy1

Aristocrat Moneytree One Armed Bandit

Post by tommy1 »

Topic merged- Site Admin.

Hi everyone. I bought a one armed bandit about 20 years ago from a friend who has since passed away. It’s called Moneytree. I would like to restore it to its working order, but when I opened it up and did a little digging I noticed there may be some parts missing??? Specifically gears. I have taken a pic of the two questionable places and post them here hoping someone can enlighten me. Does anyone have a parts manual for this slot machine I can purchase? I would like to use it to see what parts I need to purchase…
Also, anyone have any idea where I can purchase parts for this machine?

I’m a novice, so appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
E6C44070-CD2E-4163-85C9-D4188CE30A8Da.jpg
72B76E0C-E5B9-4601-862A-A9DDAFDE6E17a.jpg
coppinpr

Re: Aristocrat Moneytree

Post by coppinpr »

So what happens when you try to play the machine? You say there might be "gears" missing. Bell-style slot machines don't have gears as such, other than in the clock which controls the timing of the cycle. Is the clock still there?

clock.jpg
clock.jpg (7.96 KiB) Viewed 940 times

The clock will look like this (although this is a Mills not an Aristo).
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Hi. When I try to operate the machine the handle simply pulls down and it does not engage anything. It just hits a nylon stop. I can’t see how it should engage other parts to spin the reels.
I cannot see anything that looks like that clock. I have attached some pics of all sides of the machine. Also I have attached a pic which shows a lever which simply hangs freely and doesn’t seem to do anything.
As you can see, I know little about these machines and how they operate. I appreciate any help I can get..
Thank you
Attachments
B6E24FCE-D031-410E-A8EF-0024BCF7FABD.jpeg
8BB3E88C-75EE-444A-B86A-0BEFEC555FFB.jpeg
182A3CB3-A31B-4A77-9696-42D13CFFA38Ca.jpg
F6535DA9-95F8-4E76-A918-59E8D349FC79a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

You are missing some parts. The coin tube should have a metal part at the top that catches coins attached to the frame. Also, the overflow tube is missing. See below image. Yours may be different....

830A73D5-EDC1-4857-B482-6B52987FD100a.jpg

Your machine is in a half-cocked position, so has not completed its cycle. It may be something is jamming this to happen, like a coin stuck the wrong way in the coin slides, or somewhere else......

I would release the pressure and try again...

See below. You can operate the mechanism with a long screwdriver shown on left, but while putting pressure down, you need to move the locking ratchet shown with the red screwdriver pushing it down to the right. This will bring the arm back up. Now remove the coin tube and check no coins are wedged anywhere.....

77A162B6-4456-4532-9D5D-871EB4B04CEFa.jpg

Try again, making sure the mechanism is seated properly back in cabinet.
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Thanks very much for the valuable info. I have noted the missing items and I will source them.
I have also been able, with your help, to fully cock the arm(I think it’s fully cocked) by pushing down on the small lever as shown in attached then pulling down on the lever. It stays there and doesn’t really do anything….And still does not spin the reels???? Am I not doing something?
I have check thoroughly and there are no coins or anything jamming parts.
Attachments
45B6CADD-0B02-4861-B082-266F1DD3BDBCa.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Obviously the handle needs to go all the way down past the pinion on the right (called dog and anvil) which releases all the parts that activate the machine, including winding up clock and timing bar, locking slides back and kicking the reels to spin. Either something is interfering/stopping the action complete or maybe the dog and anvil needs adjusting, so the pinion needs to move to the right allowing earlier release. I suspect this is unlikely, unless someone has messed with this.

I would be tempted to remove all slides and try again - it will give a greater view of what’s happening as well. Maybe share a video.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I think somebody has been fiddling around and mended it until it was broken.
Here is your Dog and Anvil which are clearly misaligned.

45B6CADD-0B02-4861-B082-266F1DD3BDBCa.jpg
45B6CADD-0B02-4861-B082-266F1DD3BDBCa.jpg (37.68 KiB) Viewed 939 times

A quick search on here shows 58 posts concerning this issue, see search.php?keywords=Dog+and+Anvil
You do need to understand before leaping in where angels fear to tread, so read carefully and absorb.
viewtopic.php?p=54947#p54947 See this post.

However before you do the above you must untension the mechanism, as you currently have it wound up tightly and it needs releasing. This post covers it and must be done before you adjust the Dog and Anvil themselves. viewtopic.php?p=54947#p54947

So to recap, first take the tension off the mechanism, secondly retract the Anvil until the Dog can clear itself from underneath just before the handle bottoms out.

Good luck

BP
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Thanks… You have scared me a little about adjusting the dog and anvil. 😊
I have created a small video showing what the machine is doing, so would appreciate your advice… and if the issue is the dog and anvil. Cheers

Hi BP
Thank you for your advice.
Are saying the dog should sit UNDER the anvil?
Thanks
Attachments
41DC2CE1-72F5-4AAB-972D-DC6787B1BFD7.jpeg
41DC2CE1-72F5-4AAB-972D-DC6787B1BFD7.jpeg (39.07 KiB) Viewed 1440 times
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Let's not get confused with strange names. Let's call the bit on the left A and the one on the right B.

When the machine is at rest A is below B and both are horizontal.

As the handle is pulled A raises and starts to tip B, until it tips b so far that A passes it.
B then drops. This fires the machine.
As the handle raises A slides past B, and the machine is at rest.

Re-reading all of your posts I see that Treefrog advised you to check that nothing is jamming the slides, did you do that?
Also he tells you how to release the pressure by reversing the ratchet, have you done that?

BP
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Hi BP

I have thoroughly checked the machine as advised by Treefrog for anything jamming it but I cannot find anything. I have removed the coin tube….
My machine is different as in the pic posted by Treefrog so I’m not 100% sure where my ratchet is but I will take a closer look tomorrow.
Can I ask you to please clarify a couple of points.
1. You said that my Dog And Anvil are clearly misaligned. Can you please advise how it should be?
2. When you say slides….what exactly are you referring to? Pardon my ignorance but I have little idea about these machines - as you can tell.
I will try and take a video of what the machine does outside the case as advised by Treefrog once I find that ratchet.
From the video I sent did that provide any clue as to why the reels are not spinning?
Thank you
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Look at the picture I shared - by the red screwdriver tip you should see a small pinion that locks on the operator teeth holding the arm in its current position. You need to push down with the left screwdriver to release pressure on the pinion... This will bring the mechanism back to normal state.

Your dog may be OK, and does not look misaligned. As mentioned, undoing the nut you can slide in and out, but this can affect timing if not the cause.

Release the arm first, check over the machine and try operating again.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

tommy1 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:28 pm Hi BP

I have thoroughly checked the machine as advised by Treefrog for anything jamming it but I cannot find anything. I have removed the coin tube….
My machine is different as in the pic posted by Treefrog so I’m not 100% sure where my ratchet is but I will take a closer look tomorrow.
Your ratchet will be exactly where TF is pointing to on his, both machines are the same.
Can I ask you to please clarify a couple of points.
1. You said that my Dog And Anvil are clearly misaligned. Can you please advise how it should be?
"When the machine is at rest A is below B and both are horizontal."
2. When you say slides….what exactly are you referring to?
Pardon my ignorance but I have little idea about these machines - as you can tell.
The slides are what deliver the coins you win from the bottom of the brass tube. TF asked you if there were any coins jammed in them, you said they were empty
I will try and take a video of what the machine does outside the case as advised by Treefrog once I find that ratchet.
From the video I sent did that provide any clue as to why the reels are not spinning? Yes, the kicker only spins the reels when the mechanism fires, and we know yours hasn't fired because as I said, As the handle is pulled A raises and starts to tip B, until it tips B so far that A passes it. B then drops. This fires the machine. That hasn't happened because your handle can't go down any further, it's jammed so A can't raise B allowing it to fire. That's why TF and I have urged you to release the ratchet, take the strain off it and allow it to go back to rest.
Thank you
I fear this is too much for anyone to take in at the very beginning. I know I was a good year into hands on experience with 3 reelers before I understood at this level. Where are you? Maybe we have a member nearby who could show you in less confusing ways. This feels like sorting apples by phone.
As we keep saying, until you reverse the ratchet and get it back to rest, nothing else can be tackled.
It's a bit like a car owner phoning a garage asking why their car has all its warning lights on and won't start. And the garage keeps saying, "but until we get it out of the ditch and the right way up there's nothing more we can do at the moment".

So, you need to get that far.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

all great advice as usual, no one has mentioned that you need to take care releasing the mech, a lot of energy gets stored up in the machine during the wind-up cycle and yours is stuck close to the top of the cycle when you release the pressure things will happen quickly and you need to avoid one of these things being your fingers flying past your ear (its not that bad really but it can hurt you big time) :cool:
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Thanks to all with your advice. I am a raw beginner but each time I read your advice and go back to the machine I learn more. I really appreciate your patience.

I have attached a video link showing the cycle and what happens. Reels want to move but only give a tease….😢

I think I have found the ratchet which is different on my machine. See pic A. It locks one of the 3 ratchet wheels which sit alongside the reels. Disengaging that makes little difference.

I also noticed a couple of things which seem odd to me.
See pic B these plastic blocks sit partially over the coin deposit hole and during the cycle move forward slightly but not enough to align to the hole??? Is that correct?

Also noticed a part at the back of the machine which does nothing during the cycle and doesn’t seem to be connected to anything bar a spring. I can simply move it with my finger. See pics C and D.
Appreciate your comments…
Tony
Attachments
AE36C375-8335-4A68-A11C-7BAC884A63A5a.jpg
B74D11F1-4015-4423-BC36-1EDDCC625696a.jpg
DBEE57DD-79DE-45FA-B016-BBA7FA81CFD9a.jpg
B3DEA11A-E366-4052-9ABA-42ECF06B3D13a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I have already shared a picture of the ratchet in question and yes it will be the same as your machine, in fact on Mills, Jubilees etc etc... I will see if I can get a closer picture or one or video showing what to do. The item highlighted in picture A is the reel kicker that will for the reels around.

The back items in C And D will only come into play once machine has cycled and are all part of the timing of various parts dropping into place.

The plastic blocks in B are the coin slides, it looks like you are missing some as should be stacked to the top under the slide cover. There is an odd part I have highlighted below, can you check what this is or if it moves as it looks like a foreign object...
Attachments
B74D11F1-4015-4423-BC36-1EDDCC625696a.jpg
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Ok thanks Treefrog, I will check that part tomorrow and take a closer look for that ratchet.
Can you tell me anything from the video??? Is it functioning properly? Or is it still incomplete?
Thanks
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

You don’t need to worry about the ratchet as your machine does trip past the dog. Check that foreign object I mentioned; nothing should be there other than the slides stops and horizontal fingers.