BMCo coin return allwin identified

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
geofflove

BMCo coin return allwin identified

Post by geofflove »

Having almost completely thinned out my pile of allwins in need of restoration I now have 2 left. An Olly Whales Easy 9 and this one. Any ideas what it is?
It has some sort of auto payout mech which I’ve not seen before. Can’t use it because currently seized, but will clean up fine.
It appears the mech holds the coin inserted for the game and then either returns it if a win occurs, or dumps it in the cash box when the next coin is inserted if not. I don’t know if it also delivers a free ball, but guess not, as there would then be no coin to win in that go. Just getting your money back with no option to ‘make’ money doesn’t seem like a very exciting result!
Anyway if anyone knows any more about this I’d love to hear! Thanks
Attachments
8CC9C7E4-DFA1-4074-B61D-783D5D242C97a.jpg
5E6FB1E9-C35D-49D2-8AFE-6ADD7FE4EF23a.jpg
71E81F5F-5CAF-40F9-A0F8-C03D121C9C4Da.jpg
10A76ED4-85B0-4F62-A471-B7838FF592B8a.jpg
6BCAB3B3-C5DB-44C3-91AD-D93EA44FFB3Da.jpg
john t peterson

Re: So what’s this?

Post by john t peterson »

I'm fairly certain it is a BM Co. in showman's paint. The payout mechanism is a little unusual but certainly in keeping with the '30s timeframe during which this would have been made. It should be a looker when you're done and a unique machine.

J Peterson
Showing today in USA
geofflove

Post by geofflove »

Thanks. I did wonder if it might be bmco as there were a few other bmcos in the batch I had. But this one was different and I couldn’t find anything similar in terms of layout or mech online.
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Yes, would agree John BMCo, my guess would be it is an 'All Winners' machine which places this as a very early BMCo, although I have not seen that style of cup on a BMCo before and the All Winners allwin had a gallery not cups
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

geofflove wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:13 am But this one was different and I couldn’t find anything similar in terms of layout or mech online.
It's typical of a first generation British Automatic Machine Co. game. They played it safe in the early days by offering a wide range of large and colourful 'amusement only' games which rewarded the winning player nothing more than a returned coin. Many other makers like Bolland and the London Automatic Machine Co. did likewise.
Attachments
Assortment of BMCo coin-return games
Assortment of BMCo coin-return games
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Those 'bouffant' style top signs are certainly not stylistically restrained. :!:
geofflove

Post by geofflove »

pennymachines wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:35 pm It's typical of a first generation British Automatic Machine Co. game.
Thanks I hadn’t found these. Sheds some light on it now and it’s earlier than I thought. So I think the paint will have to come off. The questions is does it go back or do I go for plain wood? May depend what the wood looks like when I get there I guess.