Huntley Archives

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
dutchboy

Huntley Archives

Post by dutchboy »

By accident I came across this side while I am on a holliday. I don’t know if it’s already known by you slotties. Maybe of interest for old arcades and piers: https://www.huntleyarchives.com/results ... eys=arcade
treefrog

Re: Huntley Archives

Post by treefrog »

Thanks for sharing !!THUMBSX2!!

I think Pennymachines had previously shared individual videos in the Newsreel section, but after taking ages trying to work out how to play on an iPad, the Dreamland one is interesting. Some weird automatia, made by people with warped minds like fireman torching a women on a pyre…also has many shots of the arcade and the various machines based there :cool:
brigham

Post by brigham »

That must be a type of fireman I've never heard of.
I know about the locomotive type, and the sort that put out fires.
But I never realised that the people who burned Joan of Arc were also 'firemen'!
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

brigham wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:37 pm That must be a type of fireman I've never heard of.
I know about the locomotive type, and the sort that put out fires.
But I never realised that the people who burned Joan of Arc were also 'firemen'!
!SMARTY! Naughty
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

treefrog wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:03 am Thanks for sharing !!THUMBSX2!!

I think Pennymachines had previously shared individual videos in the Newsreel section, but after taking ages trying to work out how to play on an iPad, the Dreamland one is interesting. Some weird automatia, made by people with warped minds like fireman torching a women on a pyre…also has many shots of the arcade and the various machines based there :cool:
I rather like collecting all those 1950s automata, especially the gruesome ones from the Chamber of Horrors.
Blackpool Pleasure Beach retained a lot of them until the demise of Geoffrey Thompson who had appreciated their historical value.
dickywink

Post by dickywink »

Many thanks Dutchboy.
I have spent many years researching Ditchburn and never come across this archive ...
Some great clips on there.

Again many thanks and all the best Dicky.