Only a copy but I had fun doing it up!

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
coppinpr

Only a copy but I had fun doing it up!

Post by coppinpr »

I've just finished work on this Rol-a-Top repro I've had hanging about for a while. I know the experts will turn up their noses but I had fun working on it and it's the only chance I'll have to work on a case like this.
It has the usual Riviera mech but I stripped it down and it came up very clean and works well. It's always been a mystery to me why they made/make these copies with such a bad excuse for the coin escalator, it looks so plain. I've tried to make it look a little better and I think it looks at least better than it did. I also split the jackpot display into two sections as it never looks right with the coins leaking into each side. I found a photo of the normal color scheme and pretty much stuck to that. What a great theme, the horn of plenty spilling coins all over the machine.
I found a nice photo of the Watling case badge so I copied that and fixed it to the case and it looks great.
It will never be more that a copy but at least it's one more machine that will have a new life and that can't be bad.
rol a top 1.jpg

rol a top 3.jpg