The State of the Pennymachines Nation

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
john t peterson

Re: The State of the Pennymachines Nation

Post by john t peterson »

And don't forget "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," Coppinpr. I'm taking the refugee offer very seriously. A week from today, I may be shopping for a sea worthy boat capable of handling Dearly Beloved, moi and 91 British arcade games.

J Peterson
Frightened, very frightened in America !OMFG!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Don't worry John, we can save you the journey: Queen Offers to Restore British Rule Over United States
And can you send me those copies you made of the website, next time it crashes?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

interestingly the American version of this forum(and I describe it that way only in its widest sense)"The coin op forum" has its birthday today, the same day as Pennymachines,only we are two years older,clearly we are the big brother and inspiration to the younger sibling :didact:
ddstoys

Post by ddstoys »

Some good stats there - I don't post too often, only when time allows progress, but I do try.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

An old style hawk-minded American once bragged to me "we celebrate 4th July, 1776, the day we beat the British" I told him "we celebrate 25th Nov., 1783, the day we left." :lol:
slot dynasty

Post by slot dynasty »

Arrgee wrote:But are you keeping your emails safe John?

Richard
concerned comrade-in-coins
:shock:

Arrgee:
Nice of you to share your favorite photo of our unwanted new commander Baby-Trumpee.
Aka, the U.S. version of the next Adolph Hitler. :tut
The part that I can't figure out, is the pix upside-down? Is that his head, or with his pants down?
Really hard to tell the difference!

In case you are all wondering, yes, it only took me three years to comeback and visit your Forum.
See you in three more! :tarah:
madmickshere

Post by madmickshere »

As a recent newbie I find a few things that the forum are up against to keep it interesting and active.
Probably a swearword on here is Facebook, no forum can compete with it, it's fast, virtually instant, has likes or not, easy to use, shares easy, videos and photos are easy placed, watched etc............younger people (not me I'm in my 50's) prefer FB and other social media.
When you use a forum for the first time it can be quite awkward to master, some areas take a while to discover, finding your way around can take time and some posts get hardly any comments.

Don't get me wrong, the forum is packed with information and help, it's a bit like a sweet shop to me and I love it. Keep up the good work. !!THUMBSX2!!
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

An interesting observation, MadMick. Mr. Pennymachines, would you consider changing the name of the site to "FaceBookMachines??"

J Peterson
Facing disaster in America
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

A strange to compare facebook with a forum, forums dont compete with facebook because they dont do the same job.socal media sites deal in face to face interaction on a day to day basis,forums like ours deal with long term problems and storing information and research links, we do over lap with mostly light hearted threads in a similar way to facebook but intentionaly in a delayed way rathar than looking for instant responce, forums are more popular now than ever because social media often promotes them as a place where questions asked on facebook can be answered more fully. Facebook would move on too fast to deal with the questions that we deal with,your own belly glass problem is a good example,a facebook type site could only have pointed you in the right direction(probabilly a forum) not fixed it. Both have their place and both link to eachother at times but they do not compete :cool:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

LMFAO BTW FYI WTF !PUZZLED!