J & M Triomphe + Schülke Loreley shooters

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
santelmann

J & M Triomphe + Schülke Loreley shooters

Post by santelmann »

I've started to restore my "Triumph" shooting machine. The German version is by Jentzsch & Meerz, works with small 5 "Pfennig" coins. Here's some information:
https://alte-spielautomaten.de/index.ph ... egory_id=1
My machine is called "TRIOMPHE", delivered for the French market. It works with big 10 centimes coins, instruction sign is hand-painted. Tokens are marked with: N.P.S.C. which means New Polyphon Supply Company.
There is an other version for the Italian market known, called "TRIONFO".

Have anyone this machine too? Is there a British version known?
Attachments
DSCN5565.JPG
DSCN5608a.jpg
DSCN5610a.jpg
DSCN5609a.jpg
wembleylion

Re: Early shooter by New Polyphon

Post by wembleylion »

Interesting machine but why the complexity of the token when just ringing the bell and returning the coin would be so much simpler?
I guess this is because there is extra profit to be made if the token is of less value than the coin. The winning coin runs down the chute to free the pull slide for delivery of the token; the coin then drops into the small cash box to enable the operator to check how many tokens have been paid out. All very clever, but I wonder if the extra profit made really covered the extra cost of the token mechanism.

John
santelmann

Post by santelmann »

The payout mechanism was used in various machines (Zeppelinschleuder, Minerva, Teifun...) from that era. I think it was used by a lot of manufacturers.
It's adjustable with or without coin return, additionally to the token.

The Triumph is a purely mechanical machine; others like Loreley or Electra have an electric bell. If you hit the target, the bell is permanently ringing. When the bartender had notice of your hit, you could switch off the ringing.

Triumph was advertised "Without annoying bell ringing" :D

Payout system:
Attachments
Markenschiebera.jpg
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

wembleylion wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:52 am but why the complexity of the token when just ringing the bell and returning the coin would be so much simpler?

John
Because coin return only is just an amusement machine, token value can be anything the operator desires and constitutes gambling, and likely a much higher play appeal. From what I can read of that marquee tokens were valued at 20 cents for a 10 cent stake.
wembleylion wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:52 am I guess this is because there is extra profit to be made if the token is of less value than the coin.
I don't think I've ever seen a machine payout a token of lesser value than the stake!?
daveslot

Post by daveslot »

I do have a shooter which I presume is German but made for the British market, as on old penny, and has the word light on the gun slot casting. Any connection to yours? I am looking for a gun or a picture of one for this.
Attachments
IMG_20200415_215221a.jpg
IMG_20200415_215307a.jpg
santelmann

Post by santelmann »

Hi Dave!

That's a rare version of "Loreley" made by Paul Schülke Berlin.
https://automatix-club.de/index.php/aut ... 42-loreley

I could check my archive for advertisements and pictures.

Here`s another:
https://alte-spielautomaten.de/index.ph ... y-schuelke

One machine was presented at exhibition "Leichtes Spiel für bare Münze" by Gernot Königer in 2016.
Here a short video, (without shooter :( )

santelmann

Post by santelmann »

A mate sent me some pictures... :D
Attachments
Lorekompletta.jpg
LorePistolea.jpg
LoreAnleitunga.jpg
LoreSchilda.jpg
santelmann

Re: J & M Triomphe + Schülke Loreley shooters

Post by santelmann »

The gun of my Triomphe is also disappeared so I have to build up one.
Would take parts from a wrecked German version and a new forged main frame, which fits to the French coins.

Picture shows the difference between used German and French coins:

DSCN5613.JPG

Sometimes I wish this type of insert on various machines, to use coins from different decades. :lol:
Attachments
DSCN5611.JPG
daveslot

Post by daveslot »

Thanks for the great info and pictures. Does not look like I will be finding a gun any time soon!
Love the coinslot with double slot, don't think I have seen another for different size coins for the same value.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Well Dave, you've got (almost) everything you need now to get it completed. !!THUMBSX2!!
santelmann wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:59 pmPicture shows the difference between used German and French coins
10 centimes is slightly bigger than the 30.8 mm diam. old English penny that Dave's machine appears to be adapted for.
Attachments
Penny-Pfennig.jpg