Aristocrat Olympic Sweet 'n Sour. That's what I thought it is

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
bluelightning76

Aristocrat Olympic Sweet 'n Sour. That's what I thought it is

Post by bluelightning76 »

Hi,

I have a Aristocrat Sweet 'n Sour bandit. At least that's what I thought I bought.
I needed to fix the coin operating system. 2 problems The coin fell through or it couldn't put the coin down.
I fixed it with trimming the screw and bend the pushing lever, that pushes the coin down, back how it belongs.
I think the machine that is in the cabinet is not the sweet 'n sour. There are 2 symbols (apple and a melon) glued on reel 1 and 3
those are not part of the sweet 'n sour. Also do I need to have Bar symbols but I have Aristocrat symbols !PUZZLED!

Must the serial number on the cabinet be the same as the number on the machine?

Greets Dennis
Attachments
20210312_061906a.jpg
20210313_150048a.jpg
20210313_185300a.jpg
20210313_185304a.jpg
dutchboy

Re: Aristocrat Olympic Sweet 'n sour. Thats what I thought it is

Post by dutchboy »

Hi dennis, welkom op het forum!
I did see this machine for sale and I thought it should be an Aristocrat Fiesta machine. I don’t have an Aristocrat but soon someone can tell you anything you want to know. On many machines there are symbols added to drop the payout, sometimes together with bugs on the reel disc.
Groet hans
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

It's certainly a mix of case and mech (or perhaps machine and glass). the key decision is what do you want to do with it? or more to the point what can you do to it. The key questions are "are the payouts correct" and "what's under the overlays". If the payouts are correct then you need to decide do you change the glass or the reel strips? Because of the apple and melon being symbols you don't need at all and the glass being a nice one(one of the best Aristos in my view) changing the strips looks the easiest and best option. The only problem then would be I dont think the sweet and sour glass ever came out on this aristo (?) or did it, its not the standard sweet and sour glass
bluelightning76

dutchboy wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:12 pm Hi dennis, welkom op het forum!
Hallo Hans,
leuk om een mede Nederlander tegen te komen hier.
coppinpr wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:57 pm It's certainly a mix of case and mech (or perhaps machine and glass). the key decision is what do you want to do with it? or more to the point what can you do to it. The key questions are "are the payouts correct" and "what's under the overlays". If the payouts are correct then you need to decide do you change the glass or the reel strips? Because of the apple and melon being symbols you don't need at all and the glass being a nice one(one of the best Aristos in my view) changing the strips looks the easiest and best option. The only problem then would be I dont think the sweet and sour glass ever came out on this aristo (?) or did it, its not the standard sweet and sour glass
Hello,
I bought this for pleasure for me and my daughter and off course it looks great in the living room. I have other big slot machines that are in perfect condition. I am cleaning it so didn't play a lot to say if the payouts are correct. I did see that with the Apple on the first reel and the cherry on the second reel it pays 4 so that is not correct. I looked at the glass and i think it is not standard. I think someone did make the payout numbers they are not as smooth as when a machine prints them. You say I can change the strips or the glass. Didn't know that it is still available. Where can I buy them?
Can I find information online with the serial numbers?
jpmhotpot

Post by jpmhotpot »

Hi there,
Peel the apple off to reveal cherrys. 2 cherrys pays 4. It would be best to change the belly glass, as reel strips are hard to find in the right sync. Aristo belly awards do come up for sale on ebay more often with some nice designs. My fav Golden Dragon. You will be looking for a 10 jackpot payout. '!'
coppinpr

Re: Aristocrat Olympic Sweet 'n Sour. That's what I thought it is

Post by coppinpr »

bluelightning76 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:18 amYou say I can change the strips or the glass. Didn't know that it is still available. Where can I buy them?
I can make either for you
bluelightning76

coppinpr wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:52 am
bluelightning76 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:18 amYou say I can change the strips or the glass. Didn't know that it is still available. Where can I buy them?
I can make either for you
Sorry I missed this reply. I can not decide what to do.
bluelightning76

Found another one on the internet with the same rolls. Also apple and aristocrat symbol not bar symbol. Maybe it is normal this way
Attachments
Screenshot_20230724_150059_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20230724_150059_Google.jpg (252.67 KiB) Viewed 684 times