Jubilee mech - how to attach handle?

Building a slot machine from scratch? You're not alone in your madness.
gerty808

Jubilee mech - how to attach handle?

Post by gerty808 »

Hi All, :tarah:

I'm new to the forum and currently trying to rebuild a one arm bandit machine. I have a mec which is a jubilee machine.

I'm currently trying to get to grips with how to attach the handle mech onto a makeshift cabinet I have made. I can't seem to figure out which part goes where? If someone could help that would be fantastic.

I'm happy to share my Skype name with anyone who thinks they can point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Amy Pennington

Email address removed to prevent spamming. (Use the forum email facility) - Site Admin.
Attachments
IMG_3108a.jpg
IMG_3107a.jpg
IMG_3105a.jpg
IMG_3009a.jpg
IMG_3007a.jpg
coppinpr

Re: Jubilee mech how to attach handle mech ???

Post by coppinpr »

Hi, welcome to the site, we will see if we can sort this out.
I don't know if you are very experienced with slots. If not, you're setting yourself a hard task with a makeshift case. Is this a scratch built case to an original design or a case you have designed yourself? If it's the latter, you can't even begin to think about where to cut the handle hole or mount the inside handle mech until you know exactly where the machine mech sits in the case. Have you got that far yet?

There should be a boss that goes on the outside of the case between the handle and the case but I can't see one in the photos.
I guess it could be a Jubilee mech but it looks more like an Aristocrat to me (although Jubilee did become part of Aristocrat late in life).

Can we see the case to advise on the position? Do you have a baseplate for the mech to sit on? Once you have the actual position of the link between the handle and the mech mounting the rest of the handle parts will look a lot clearer.
gerty808

Post by gerty808 »

Hi there

Big thanks for your reply!

I bought the machine off of Henry Powell and thought I'd have a go at trying to build a case myself which may not be the wisest idea now I think about it but it was all I could afford at the time.

What you see there is exactly what I got sent. There is no base and that is all the parts I'm afraid. I can take more pictures if this helpful?

Many thanks amy!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

If you bought from HP I'm not surprised you couldn't afford the case, you could probably have bought a whole working machine for less than you paid for that mech. I don't know what you paid but I could have sold you the exact same mech for £50 and made a profit :cool:

The problem you have is it's pretty much unusable without a coin entry, and a raised base plate (although I guess you could try and make a wooden base plate) and you still need some sort of case to mount the arm! You could ask treefrog if he's got a spare case (silly me, he will have a spare case, he's got quite a selection of machines and bits). Once you have a case we can set about getting it to match the mech. Making your own case is a bit of an enigma when it comes to one arm bandit machines. Their charm and appeal often lies in the design and shape of the case as much as in the mechanics. For an allwin type machine it's different - you're pretty much recreating the original case.

Which photo captures your imagination?

sega 3.jpg

jackpot buckley.jpg

Don't give up, we'll make something of it.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Yes it is an Aristocrat and the handle looks possibly non-Aristocrat. Also, I noticed it is manual fed for tokens, not from the coin overflow as no full tube and single slide payout.

Yes have a few cabinets, mainly sheerline type, one is in the garden.....
gerty808

Re: Jubilee mech - how to attach handle?

Post by gerty808 »

Oh dear!

So I basically bought the mech, handle and coin bit at the top (which I've not took a pic of yet).

I know it was something around 250 with delivery. I did get him to configure it to 20ps and pay out tokens.

So any ideas where I could get a case from?

And will I need this base plate as he should have maybe included it?

Big thanks for all your help - suggestions are really welcome!

Amy
gerty808

Post by gerty808 »

Tree frog let me know if I can get a case off you. I'm happy to repaint it up etc.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

£250 :shock:
wow thats a lot of money for a mech
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I have a few steel Sheerline cabinets - they are easy to strip and paint and should have a base plate, may have handles as well.

It is a shame you never found this site sooner as I would have sold you a choice of machines for £250 all working......never mind.

By the way, why did you ask for token payout and not coin, as you will have to hand feed all the time, also what token is it?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Good, TF has entered the fray, he's always got the bits you need, you may have to remind him a couple of times but he doesn't mind. Any case will come with the base plate (and possibly the handle). Once you get a case the rest is....easy :!?!:

See you're learning already, lesson 1. anything from HP will be too expensive. :lol:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

By the way Amy, where in the country are you?
gerty808

Post by gerty808 »

Hey treefrog

I'm in London and have a car so would be happy to travel to you and maybe you can help me fit it and of course I'll pay labour and for the case.

I think someone asked why I wanted tokens- it's because I wanted to turn it into a 'Save the NHS' machine so the tokens would be little drawings on metal.
Sounds like by all accounts I should have found this site before my Henry encounter. Like it's been said at least I've found it now!

Let me know treefrog

Thanks

Amy
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The coin part of the mechanism it has occurred to me will not fit in the style of cabinets I was referring to. The type of cabinets, would be models like Kingsway, Grosvenors, Elites etc......

Will have to have a think on whether I have spares of this type.
gerty808

Post by gerty808 »

Hey treefrog

Ok have a think and let me know!!!

Many thanks

Amy
gerty808

Post by gerty808 »

Treefrog - I just found your YouTube channel so cool!!! So many beautiful machines!
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

treefrog has a youtube channel ?
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Some damn nice machines there Tom !THUMBS!
gerty808

Post by gerty808 »

Hi treefrog & all

I hope you're well. I just wondered if you had found any cabinets that may fit my mech yet at all. I'm really wanting to get it started as soon as possible. I hope you're all OK.
Please update me if any news etc.

Many thanks

Amy
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Its not going to be easy to find, mechs are easier to find than good cases,the two together are the easiest to find. This one is on Ebay at the moment and is the type of case you need.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/one-arm-bandit- ... 3081423917?