Mechanical Memories Auction 2010

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
treefrog

Mechanical Memories Auction 2010

Post by treefrog »

Given it is only 2 months away and my memory is bad, what are the time scales for getting submissions ready for the Coventry auction (assuming it is still on this year) , as I keep leaving it too late, and I assume this will be in the next 4 weeks?
Many thanks !THUMBS!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Coventry Auction 2010

Post by badpenny »

As you say, Jerry has been broadcasting through the MMM that the date for the next auction is 28 November usual venue.

As for time scales, he'd welcome any advance listings for inclusion, but don't promise anything you then decide to sell now or withdraw at a later date as it cocks up the draft to the printer as well as the master running list for the day; which in turn refers directly to the vendors' list.
Don't forget photies !!THUMBSX2!!

Alternatively, Jerry, as usual will be including a submission form in the magazine.

Looking forward to it already **xXx**
Lord Saltwood

Coventry Hotel Offer

Post by Lord Saltwood »

To anyone attending the Coventry Auction on the 28th November:
I get a circular each week from Travelzoo advertising their greatest holiday offers of the week. Today they are recommending one night at The Royal Court Hotel, Coventry in an upgraded room with Jacuzzi for £39 per person. This includes a three course evening meal, full English breakfast and champagne. I personally have booked the night of the 27th. This might be of interest to other people also going to the auction.
Thanks for all the work you put in on our behalf,
Lord Saltwood
marktol

Post by marktol »

Looks like a great deal,

I am keen to go to the auction. Looks like you have to book by the 27th of October. Do we know when the programme will be available for the auction. I need to base my decision on whether I go or not on whether there is going to be anything at the auction that I'm interested in buying - I'm sure there will be, but you never know...!!

Cheers,
Mark.
JC

Post by JC »

Thanks for the info. Lord Saltwood. I shall look into that, and I'm sure it will be of interest to others.
Now, you should all have received your October magazines by now, and will no doubt be filling in your entry forms as I type this! Please remember that the closing date for entries is Monday 8th November, and that we will not be accepting late entries. We are expecting considerable interest from sellers this year - seems the message has finally got across that this is the one day in the year where you will see the most number of slotties in one room! However, with about 280 lots in last year's auction, I really don't want to see the event grow much bigger. As a consequence, as I hinted in the Sept. magazine, we may have to restrict entries to MMM subscribers. I hope it won't happen, but if we approach the closing date and it looks like we'll exceed 300 lots, I'm afraid it will be the non-subscribers who are turned away. So if you don't subscribe to the magazine, and want to enter lots in the auction, please get in quick! Email me for an entry form.
In answer to Mark above, catalogues will be available in the Market about two weeks before the auction.

Jerry :tarah:
JC

Post by JC »

Well, it looks like we have another great day to look forward to! Many thanks to all the vendors, who once again, have not let us down. We have about 250 lots, with a great selection of machines, spares, books & paperwork etc.

Not so many bandits this time, although with 40 last year, we did break a record! But there should certainly be something to suit all tastes and pockets, including the usual Bally, Aristocrat, Jubilee, Sega, Mills, Jennings etc. For the more discerning, we have a cracking Jennings Club Chief in really nice original condition, and an equally nice Pace Commet. And if you have the pockets, once again we have a Rol-a-Top on offer. Of particular interest is a German Tura Bell, which does need some restoration, but could be a great machine to own (a certain person not a million miles from here has a beautifully restored Tura..........perhaps he could post a picture)?

We have a great selection of allwins, including Whales, Wonders, Parkers, R&W etc. and as mentioned elsewhere on this site, we have a fine example of a rare Stevenson & Lovett Fireworks. Bryans machines include Clocks, Pilwin, Worlborl, Bullion and a rare Tick Tock. Other wall machines include fortune tellers, Challenger, Cascade, Circle Skill, German wall bandits etc. There is also a good selection of electro-mechanical wall machines, including some hard to find German machines.

Plus a great selection of bandit spares and the usual coins, paperwork and some very hard to find books.

Will you want to miss all this??????????

The catalogue will hopefully be at the printers early next week and should be ready to post by the end of the week. Catalogues will be available in the MARKET on this site.

I shall be posting pictures of lots on my mechanical memories website as soon as I've assigned lot numbers, which will hopefully be done early next week. Here's a link:

http://www.mechanicalmemoriesmuseum.co.uk/

In the meantime, here's a few pictures below.

See you all on the 28th

Jerry **xXx**
Attachments
Cov. 10 Lot 71.jpg
Cov. 10 Lot 116.jpg
Cov. 10 Lot 119.jpg
Cov. 10 Lot 121.jpg
Cov. 10 Lot 184.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

JC wrote: Of particular interest is a German Tura Bell, which does need some restoration, but could be a great machine to own (a certain person not a million miles from here has a beautifully restored Tura..........perhaps he could post a picture)?
While we are waiting for the mystery person who lives not a million miles away to wake up and post his photoo, here's the one I restored some years back. The story of which is in The Arena, along with a better picture. My camera has gone Phut so I had to use my "Raspberry"

tura-bell.jpg

Badpenny
mills

Post by mills »

If you want to see pictures of a Tura with Jackpot and vender : http://www.joiret.com/tura/ronde/finitions

Tura version FOK : http://www.joiret.com/tura/carre/finitions

!THUMBS!
JC

Post by JC »

All pictures supplied by vendors are now uploaded to my site.
Here's a direct link:

http://www.mechanicalmemoriesmuseum.co. ... 4536433181
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Nice lot, interesting that there are only two Bryans listed so far.....I already have my eyes on one or two items....

Lot 173 looks a bit different, a very compact wall based shooting game...."Diana"...The case looks so similar to the wall machines of this size made by Jamiesons...how does this work?
Attachments
Cov._10_Lot_173.jpg
JC

Post by JC »

Diana, yes a very very rare machine - I've only seen one other. It's an electro-mechanical version of the Running Hare. Not sure about the Jamiesons connection? Does it not look German?
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

JC wrote:Diana, yes a very very rare machine - I've only seen one other. It's an electro-mechanical version of the Running Hare. Not sure about the Jamiesons connection? Does it not look German?
IMO is/was???? a German company, I think they were based in Bielefeld Germany. I think they also made a rifel version in the late 1950s,that also had the name Diana. :didact:
But I could be wrong??? :D
marktol

Post by marktol »

Hi,

Is that all of the lots or will there be more coming?

Many thanks,
Mark
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

marktol wrote:Hi,

Is that all of the lots or will there be more coming?

Many thanks,
Mark
Hi Mark, lots more photos on Jerry,s website !!CHEERS!!
http://www.mechanicalmemoriesmuseum.co.uk/
marktol

Post by marktol »

Thanks,

Ive seen those. The only thing which draws my attention is the pocket vest. Long way to go for me just for that... Will there be more to come still?

I suppose there isnt the option for a proxy/telephone bid on something to be paid for and posted - as the vest is pretty small?

Mark
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

marktol wrote:The only thing which draws my attention is the pocket vest. Long way to go for me just for that.
Well thats one way of looking at it, but its also a good day out, and chance to meet up with other collectors and make new friends :cool: also a lot of work goes into organising it, and it is only once a year. :tarah:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

marktol wrote:Thanks,

Ive seen those. The only thing which draws my attention is the pocket vest. Long way to go for me just for that... Will there be more to come still?

I suppose there isnt the option for a proxy/telephone bid on something to be paid for and posted - as the vest is pretty small?

Mark
I'm currently working on the spreadsheets that drive the auction and can confirm that we are currently looking at 250 lots.
As per usual it will be a cash only event, no cheques, cards, Luncheon vouchers or Green Shield Stamps.
Terms & Conditions were detailed in the latest issue of Mechanical Memories Magazine, they are the same ones we have always lived by and will be repeated on the catalogue.

So far as vendors are concerned, we are delighted to be welcoming new faces this year, this hobby needs them, and as we don't want anyone new or old to inadvertently cross the line I urge everyone to be fully aware of the T&Cs. Especially the one covering dealing in the car park.
Should anyone not be clear about what I am referring to check this link.....
Clicky

Let's all have another great day to remember and return home safe with our latest acquisitions.
marktol

Post by marktol »

slotalot wrote:
marktol wrote:The only thing which draws my attention is the pocket vest. Long way to go for me just for that.
Well thats one way of looking at it, but its also a good day out, and chance to meet up with other collectors and make new friends :cool: also a lot of work goes into organising it, and it is only once a year. :tarah:
Totally agree, sorry that probably didn't come across well..!

Of the other items in the auction, will there be a list of the remaining lots (and pics) available before the date?
JC

Post by JC »

The pictures posted on my site are as supplied by the vendors, and are all I have. The full list of lots will of course be detailed in the catalogue, which as I've stated in a previous post, will be available very soon (I'm working on it now, and will hopefully get to the printers tomorrow).
JC

Post by JC »

Catalogues now available in the MARKET.