Brenco Match a Fruit

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
treefrog

Brenco Match a Fruit

Post by treefrog »

Nice floor standing unit, Match a Fruit with no bids....obviously was on old penny and converted....Any ideas on maker?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/slot-machine- ... 500wt_1202
Attachments
match-fruit1.jpg
match-fruit2.jpg
match-fruit3.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Match a Fruit

Post by badpenny »

Do you think the chair they are also selling makes a belching sound when you sit on it?
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

Thats very Reggie Perrin in CJ's office Badpenny!!!!

To relevance, plain looking machine isn't it?
Then,,,, beauty's in the eye....
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

andydotp wrote:plain looking machine isn't it?
Then,,,, beauty's in the eye....
It is good we all have different tastes otherwise we would all want the same thing. I think this is quite stylish, very much the period and nice hardware features on the front. It is a lot nicer than the similar type machine the Brenco Wheel of Fortune.... Only wish I had the space.. :#:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Don't move to Lincoln ... there's not even room for a bandit stand :-(
JC

Post by JC »

Treefrog, interesting that you think it's nicer than the Brenco Wheel of Fortune - because (in answer to your original question) Match a Fruit is also a Brenco machine. Dates from a couple of years after Wheel of Fortune (1966). I agree, very stylish - very '60s. Doesn't seem to have any interest yet..........go on, you know you want it.
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

So Tree-frog, did you buy it? Don't keep us in suspense now! A lovely looking machine in my books but then I remember those machines with fondness.

Happy May 1st! %|%
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Were these as predicitble in their play sequence as the Wheel of Fortune? I used to regularly empty the Wheel of Fortune in the arcades as we always roughly knew where the pointer would land, based on the delay of its start speed. On some Wheel of Fortunes, 6 would always follow 'Lose', for example. Interesting on this machine that there are 2 oranges, 2 melons and 2 bells, yet the payouts are 6, 8 and 10. So why bother with the oranges and melons, as the odds aren't good? I suppose this was set this way to make spread betting not so attractive.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Cheeky wrote:So Tree-frog, did you buy it?
How ever much I was tempted, I managed to prevent the heart leading the mind. Been trying to do this a few times on machines recently, but failed........Wish I had a nice big games room as half of it would be fitted with machines like this...
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

It is a tad on the large size and probably one of those purchases that if forced to get rid off under pressure from the female house management you would find hard pushed to resell.