Brenco Match a Fruit

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
cheeky

Re: Brenco Match a Fruit

Post by cheeky »

Sell? Do you mean the house management or the machine? :!?!:
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Ha ha, yes, well I guess from the stories on here the female management have taken second fiddle to mechanical marvels. My wife has been sympathetic to my hobby although I do have to rotate machines allowed out in the house. At the minute there are four, one in dining room and three on landing. But in the loft eave cupboard there are another four machines, one a basket case I'm debating repairing. Whether she'll let me put that out as well might cause some friction.
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

May I pick someone's brain regarding a Match a Fruit? Now I had a look at this machine today for a while thinking 'why won't you payout?' After looking at the relays, the payout slides, all the wiring - everything seems to be fine, until I looked at the playfield. I noticed that there is a ring of contact points and behind those are the wires all soldered on and everything, but it confused me why there isn't anything going 'round the contacts but I'm hoping that I am right that there should be something there. Has anyone got a picture of the inside of the top playfield of Match a Fruit please? Here are some photos of it:
Attachments
match a fruit.jpg
contact 3.jpg
contact 2.jpg
contact 1.jpg
glittering-prize67

Post by glittering-prize67 »

I love these machines, but keep missing out. It looks like it should have a sweeping arm similar to the ones found in e/m machines of the era, but normally you have an inner ring as one contact then the other goes 'round the outer edge to complete the circuit. I would need a circuit diagram or look how it's wired to give me an idea.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Also, there's a thing or two missing here as well ..............

contact 2.jpg
contact 2.jpg (28.42 KiB) Viewed 3544 times

You've got a reed switch dangling in mid air and the bracket has a bolt on the left which probably supported something (another switch?) possibly against the rotating cam below?
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

There is a wiper blade missing for sure from that fibre contact disc. Since there is no inner contact the circuit will be earthed to the motor shaft itself - look on the back. Or, as this is a metal cabinet, the earth could even be further afield.

The other missing piece appears to just be a lever that bolts with a little freedom to the bracket, with probably a "V" at the tip or roller that will drop into the channel in the rotating fibre disc. This will then allow those contacts currently doing nothing to close, and open when the fibre disc is running. If this was a timing motor the contacts would work the other way around.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Gameswat wrote: Since there is no inner contact the circuit will be earthed to the motor shaft itself
Approach with care Leslie! it is a Brenco machine and they are normally 240 volts throughout, and if the shaft is used as power feed to the wiper arm, it to will be passing 240 volts!!! SO BEWARE!
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

Oh yeh, that I do know Stu, thanks for that. My wits are about me when it comes to this sort of thing. I would like to find some information on what is missing, such as photos as it should be. Behind the fibreboard are some soldered wires - one picture I did forget to take. Everything else works as it should and it's on old penny and the cabinet is made of wood, so what, where and how should I start first so I can get this baby working? Anyone got any ideas on where to start first? I'm not clued up for this type of machine????
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Ah, no idea it ran on such high voltage. Of course the US made machines are almost always very low voltage. So thinking it through a little longer, this time I counted the contacts on your fibre board and it comes to the even number of 22, so it seems more likely it's just an insulated double ended wiper blade making contact across the board. Which would mean one of 11 circuits made momentarily which I now see match up with the 22 fruit symbols on the front wheel. So as the wheel spins it's making a circuit across the two symbols that are showing in the winning boxes. So this allows the machine to pay out what it needs to on a winning combination.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

You just beat me to it Gameswat dirtdog I was just doing a sketch showing this very thing. :cool:

You will need to make a double ended wiper (see white arrow) in photo. This will rotate making 2 sets of contacts.
Attachments
contacts.JPG
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Snotalot, seems that spyware I hacked into your account is working well. :tut

Now that drive wheel has me wondering? It's geared through the different sizes of the rubber drive wheel and alloy wheel it rotates, so that would allow a different stop position every play. But usually the circuit to run this would make those (currently) free floating contacts be open when the (missing) lever drops into the fibre disc channel, thus cutting the motor circuit and stopping the drive wheel after one rotation of the fibre disc. Then on the next Penny dropped a coin switch would momentarily start the motor enough to allow the lever to lift out of the channel and close the circuit to the motor and drive the wheel until it's done the full 360 degree circuit. I guess some closer and different angle photos will clear this up. And maybe if you could draw us a complete wiring schematic that would help too thanks. !OMFG! :o :burp:
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

There is a diagram on the back board so I will get a photo of this for you on Thursday as that is when I'm back there.
slotalot wrote:You will need to make a double ended wiper (see white arrow) in photo. This will rotate making 2 sets of contacts.
Right, I will get onto that then. Cheers for that stu.
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

I managed to get there today and take some photos for you. Here they are:
Attachments
match-a-fruit-3a.jpg
match-a-fruit-2a.jpg
match-a-fruit-1a.jpg
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Starting at the white arrow and working “clockwise” the first 11 contacts are common to the RED input wire.
Starting at the white arrow working ant-clockwise the 11 payout outputs are as follows.
BELL (brown wire)
LEMON
ORANGE
CHERRY
PLUMB
LEMON
MELLON
CHERRY
LEMON
PLUMB
CHERRY
in which case you will definitely need a double ended wiper to make the connections as stated earlier in this thread.
I hope this might help you make sense of it all :!?!:
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Potless

Post by Potless »

I was wondering what the approximate dimensions of the Match-A-Fruit are? I wouldn't mind having a go at building one from scratch....
brigham

Post by brigham »

Attachments
s-l16002a.jpg
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

In such lovely condition too.