Scottish Electro Mechanicals on ebay

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
treefrog

Scottish Electro Mechanicals on ebay

Post by treefrog »

I am sure you all were watching the wall machines from Scotland, with the last one finishing today. Initially I was really keen and contacted the seller who confirmed they would not remove from ebay, based on the usual concern someone would try and make an offer. They confirmed they were from a known arcade/fairground operator, they also had some floor standing electro mechanical machines available.

Then I did the mileage, over and over and finally decided reluctantly to watch and refrain from bidding. They included machines I had not seen before and the last one included a wall 3D Peep Show viewer, apparently working, which a similar one was on ebay for about a year for silly money. Was intrigued to see what this would finish for. Does anyone know about this machine, maker etc and the others. Nice lot though

Included:
3D Peep Show £343
Show the Bandits £205
Pontoon £77
Greyhound Stadium £77
Whales Sports Win £310
Whales Easy Perm £311
Attachments
peep-show.JPG
show-bandits.JPG
Pontoon.JPG
greyhound.JPG
Sports-win.JPG
easyperm.JPG
funky

Re: Scottish Electro Mechanical Lot

Post by funky »

Hiya,
I never saw these on ebay... Were they hiding under another category? :dammit: .....I would have had a bid on a few of them as well...... Whereabouts in Scotland were they located?
Cheers !!CHEERS!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

My original reaction was the same as yours TF.
I did the mileage and the sums and came to the same reluctant decision.

The one that really grabbed me was the 3D viewer, not because of any extra curricular interests.
I first came across one in the early 90s and they were valued at around £500 then!

So even allowing for the yo-yo'ing of prices it was worth observing.
I'm certain they were German, but me being certain about something usually means I'm wrong.

Saltcoats is a hell of a way to go without being 100% confident about what you'll find at the other end, I hope somebody saved them and did ok out of the journey.

BP
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

About a 10 hour round trip for me, which also limited the punt I was prepared to take on the Peep-Show. I've seen several sell for around £600 in the past, which does seem a bit steep, but I guess stereo view wall machines are thin on the ground.
Yes, they're German, 1950s and contain four sets of period colour stereo nudes, but who made them? I failed to find anything about them, even on the German slot sites, except this:

Attachments
3D.jpg
funky

Post by funky »

Now I am even more peeved off....... my mum lives in Saltcoats........ AAAAAAARGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!.... :dammit:
funky

Post by funky »

Did all the machines sell tf or bp?......... I'm up in sunny Saltcoats next week..... or as jack and victor says, ...Finport,.... (still game, Scottish comedy for anyone who hasn't seen it)...... :HaHa: .... !THUMBS!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Sorry Chap , no idea, I delete anything I was watching as soon as it finishes.

BP
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

All sold, below is a link to the viewer, from this you can check the seller's other sales and see them all..... It was in the normal coin operated category as they all were....

Electric Wall Box
funky

Post by funky »

Cheers mr frog !THUMBS! .......Nothing worse than missing owt on summat u like ,..espesh when it's on ur doorstop....... I usually check ebay about once a week...so that's another lesson to check out as often as u can... Funnily enough, that's the second time I've missed out on machines from my home town or within a ten mile radius.... and that's prob the only time machines have been sold there :woops: ......Cheers again, as I'll keep my eye on it if owt else turns up...
jonnblaze

Post by jonnblaze »

Hey,
nice machine. Did all the machines sell tf or bp??
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Yes I believe they all sold. Oddly, another batch of machines from a seller in Skegness appeared on Ebay the other day, but were pulled.

Now it must be the season of electro mechanical machines, as the Coventry auction has another fine selection, at least 8 from the early pictures, including another 3D viewer, this time the Beauty Parade.....
Coventry Auction
jonesthegarage

Re: Scottish Electro Mechanicals on ebay

Post by jonesthegarage »

two of the Skegness lots survived the Ebay cull, the guy seems open to discussions as I sent him a message to say I was interested in one of those that disappeared and he came back inviting offers.

these are the two he still has listed

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330931791568? ... 1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330931792920? ... 1438.l2649