Coventry Auction - Sunday 27th November 2016

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
JC

Re: Coventry Auction - Sunday 27th November 2016

Post by JC »

Well spotted TF - I was wondering who would be the first to spot that.
The descriptions are correct, it's the pictures that are the wrong way round....
Will fix shortly.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I wasn't going to mention it but the description on the thumbnail of lot 143 is correct but wrong on the blow up. :woops:
JC

Post by JC »

OK, fixed.
laurence

Post by laurence »

I've had a good look through the posts on this thread - yes it is a shame both auctions are the same day, but at different times, people can visit both.
Coventry appears, to me, to be the 'people's choice', whilst Ele' House is the 'collector's choice'.
Either way you look at it, I must say one thing - putting together sales - particularly dedicated sales - of slot machines is VERY hard work. Lots to do pre, during and after the sale(s) in question. I should know; I've been directing auctions since 2003.
At least these sales are at different times, and what a listing of gear in both. I know what I'm thinking and typing may be on the safe-diplomatic side, but those going to Coventry and EH may be assured of a great day.
No one should lose out here. What an opportunity.
My hats off to the organisers of Coventry and EH for getting all this up and live.
I know its easy to say, but for years, (and I still am), I get on the phone to my competitors at the end of the year and we have a sale date conference where we deliberately miss each other within 3 days minimum.
Good luck to all who view and buy at the sale - fingers crossed the A45 is clear and free for you all.
Laurence
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Where the hell is the A45 !PUZZLED!

Anyway, the auctions are at the same time, EH start time 1pm and I believe Coventry is always 12.30 (although the time is not actually written on the website or in this thread...hint hint)...... so only a 30 min variance.......
JC

Post by JC »

Yes, you're quite right - the Coventry auction starts at 12.30.......
As stated at the top of every page listing of the catalogue on the website, and also on the downloadable PDF.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The A45 runs from Brum round the back of Cov to meet M45 which in turn hits the M1.
I highly recommend it to anyone leaving the Coventry auction on their way to Leamington Spa. When you get to Luton don't forget to turn right.

BP %|%
youngerap

Post by youngerap »

Some very nice machines at both auctions but, if I had any money, I would be at Coventry. Two of the machines on my list of 'I wants' are there. :cry: :#:

Plus, I like bacon butties!

Good luck to all collectors this weekend.
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

A shout-out from the good ole US of A. Go J and J plus all the smart collectors attending the best British coin-op auction. Good luck bidding.

Ya'll rock!! @&@

J Peterson
Southern transplant
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Dear John Son of Peter.
I anticipate the time that you are visiting here and it coincides with an auction.

I feel safe that consensus opinion would support the idea that you should open the event and cut the cord that keeps Mr P's trousers aloft.

BP
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

I should be so honored. Have a wonderful day, BP.

J Peterson
American admirer
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Well done Jerry and Jeremy for another good event, your efforts are much appreciated **xXx** Some lovely machines there, although sadly, did not come away with anything this year. :#:
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Yes second that we'll done !!CHEERS!!.... A success despite double dating going on..
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Another good auction, sold 5 lots, bought 7 including 2 machines. A great selection of allwins making good prices, met some great people and was able to chat with them in comfort with a drink in hand, to quote the backflash on one my allwins "Many Happy Returns." :cool:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Thanks everyone.
Your support as vendors, buyers and words of encouragement were very important to us and gratefully received.
Listening to you all, I don't think anyone was fooled as to what was going on yesterday.
We'd not lie to you nor would we insult your intelligence with words of daring do and bravado concerning the outcome.
We were about a third down all round. The numbers of lots, buyers and spending were all around two thirds of what we normally see.
Sadly of course fixed overheads are just that regardless.
Still it did mean bargains were in abundance without vendors getting upset as we only had a few machines failing to meet reserve.
Our most inspiring bidder was the one who spent a five figure sum and left on his journey home leaving a particularly fine example of a Bryans machine sitting all alone on a table in the middle of the room. When I called him to enquire if he was missing anything he did admit to have driven all those miles with a concern he might have picked up someone else's book. Still he will shortly be reunited with it.
Thanks again.

BP
scorpa163

Post by scorpa163 »

A big thank you to Jerry, Jeremy, Dot, Kevin the auctioneer and Kevin the doorman for all their hard work in running this excellent annual event. Nice machines still fetched good prices despite the less than normal attendance. I sold some books and coins for prices I expected and came away with a very nice Ball Past The Arrow machine for a good price.
It was was a pity it clashed with the Elephant House as most people would have attended both sales but as Jeremy previously stated most on this forum know what is going on.
Look forward to seeing you all at next November's auction.
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

I was happy to bring a visit to coventry and see an nice selection of machines. Specialy the wallmachines which i am not familliar with. I want to thank coppinpr a lot for the hospitality and nice conversations! The last time i visit your country was about 30 years back on a vacation on a narrow boot. There are still a few pounds in my pockets because i didn't buy. So a reason to come back. :D
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

And for those of you who could not attend, a few pics...............
Attachments
cov-16-04a.jpg
cov-16-03a.jpg
cov-16-02a.jpg
cov-16-01a.jpg
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

And a few more...............
Attachments
cov-16-08a.jpg
cov-16-07a.jpg
cov-16-06a.jpg
cov-16-05a.jpg
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

And for fear of boring you, the last few...............

........and I must be one of the very few who have actually WON on the Wonders Boomerang Allwin !!YIPPEE!!
badpenny could not believe his eyes :o
Just wish I could have bought it
:-(
Attachments
cov-16-12a.jpg
cov-16-11a.jpg
cov-16-10a.jpg
cov-16-09a.jpg