EH / Collector Connector sales

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
JC

Re: Elephant House Auctions

Post by JC »

coppinpr wrote:Apart from that, the whole thing isn't a patch on Coventry
!!THUMBSX2!!
jonesthegarage

Post by jonesthegarage »

hiflyer

Re: Elephant house auction

Post by hiflyer »

coppinpr wrote:Apart from that, the whole thing isn't a patch on Coventry. !!THUMBSX2!!
Yes, at least Coventry was warm. I'm not gonna freeze my nuts off at the Elephant House again! Medics please stand by for cases of hypothermia.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

The venue at Coventry is a big plus; it's warm and if you're early, you can grab a comfy chair and table for your beer. I think JC has motive in this; after a few beers my max bids seem to increase in proportion to the number of beers. :burp:
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

!PUZZLED! did anyone go today !PUZZLED! ???? I didn't go........ not that many slots there....wondering what price the traveling crane made///////?????? and others
ninecup

Post by ninecup »

The crane made £1,620.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

ninecup wrote:The crane made £1,620.
Plus £162 commission :o
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Well was last one to pay, load and leave and then find the A14 closed, 11pm home time, not good

We are definitely heading out of a recession with prices at Coventry and now the Elephant. Allwins were few and mostly in the 400's, the 60's style clown catcher from memory went for more than I expected close top £500.... The Jennings Duke was a bargain in the 900's, was tempted with this, especially as on old 1D, but did not have time to look at it.The Governor was very pricey in the high 800's.
Bandit's were normal prices, generally, but I picked up 3 Aristocrats for reasonable prices, including a very original Aristocrat Tic Tac Toe Nevada with rotary escalator :D

The fairground art was going for crazy prices, in fact most things were, it made the machines seem cheap....
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Can someone please tell me what the German Jentzsch & Meerz Gripper (lot 129) basket case sold for? Need a case for mine so was thinking about that but was going to end up too much trouble to try and bid than get it back to Perth. And the auction case was ratty and missing some wood anyway. I have parts of my case and plans I drew up years ago so with a bit of work can piece it one back together one day.............
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Hi Gameswat,
I bought it for £110. I can send you pictures and measurements etc. Let me know what you need.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Great, more than I was willing to bid! :D I had access to one in person years ago and drew proper plans so think I'm OK PM, but thanks.
ninecup

Post by ninecup »

The complete 1930s build up fairground amusement arcade went for £1,450
Bryan's U Win £1,600
Five Win £760
Orton and Spooner Cockerel £2,800
Clown wall machine in new case £380
Space shooting gallery slot machine £1,650
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

looking on the march auction last time the fairground stall made £900 odd ...that seller has done well.... it looks like slot prices are going up... :D .. don't think any machines there or Coventry will end up on ebay land..... its always good to hear when you don't go a auction that stuff wasn't given away :HaHa: :HaHa: :HaHa:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Did have a punt at the stall, it reached around £900 and suddenly jumped to £1400 when the bids behind the counter kicked in.....Trouble was it was a little large for my van, so not a bad thing
hiflyer

Post by hiflyer »

Rumour has it that EH are going to include internet bidding at their auctions. If that happens, it will finish it for the regular attendees who are prepared to stand and freeze in an effort to win something at a sensible price. You've got no chance if you are bidding against armchair millionaires who are prepared to outbid anyone and pay even more in buyer fees.
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Internet bidding........at the Elephant House.... that's bad news if it happens....
Attachments
nepal_1.jpg
Last edited by jimmycowman on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Steve Hunt attended the recent auction at Dudley which accepted online bidding. I asked him if he intended to do the same at the Elephant House. He said he didn't plan to, because of the high cost of using the service and the extra 3% charge to online bidders. Time will tell...
timosix

Post by timosix »

When is the next auction so I can save up some pennies, 6d's ......
Thanks
jonesthegarage

Post by jonesthegarage »

next Elephant House auction is 2nd March. It is only my view but I wouldn't waste my time unless I lived within about 10 miles of the place. I have been and been disappointed.

The smart money will be being saved for Coventry on 30th November when you will pay a smaller premium, have a good many more lots to choose from and will have a fighting chance of the vendor actually being in the room thus presumably increasing the chances of winning an "honest" machine.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I love all auctions, but at the end of the day it all comes down to whats there and who is there. Been to most of the Elephant auctions and lots vary hugely, I like projects, which you get at both Coventry and Elephant. I was lucky enough to pick up 3 Aristocrats at the elephant a 4 reeler for £77 quid a nice double jackpot Elite for £66 and a great Rotary escalator Nevada, very pleased with this for £154 in inclusive.......Also got 100 clown tokens for the same price 50 sold at Coventry and even more strange you can get them even cheaper I now realise from a seller in MMM. So as I say it is down to the people there as most other lots went for high prices. The one thing I forgot to do was wear 3 pairs of socks.... !!BRRRR!!
Attachments
nevada.jpg
elite.jpg