EH / Collector Connector sales

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
coppinpr

Re: Elephant House Auctions

Post by coppinpr »

That's still one hell of a nice collection to have treefrog :)
Do you actually play on them lol
No, playing them is not his thing. What he really likes is putting on a crumpled brown coat and walking round them with a massive chain of keys round his neck and a dead roll up in the corner of his mouth, oh... and you have to call him "Lenny" (they were always called Lenny as I recall). :lol:
northantsbandit

Post by northantsbandit »

widget2k4 wrote:The Golden Jennings was also missing the jackpot.
and the base plate has had the JP cut off of it ! I know because l'm the mug that bought it lol
mademenicole

Post by mademenicole »

Hello
Does anybody know if there is a chance to get an answer from the Elephant House....

I sent already some mails and never got an answer...........

I know they have sometimes problems with the internet provider, but I tried it many times and sent a few mails.

Can anybody help or is there anybody who is in contact with Steve Hunt (could even not get him by phone).

Thank you.
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

I sent an email yesterday, wondering what to allow for a "reasonable" time for a reply.
I do understand that he is a busy chap, so willing to give it a few days.
Is there anyone on here who is still waiting for a deposit return from the July 24th auction??
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

Twitter did the trick, as advised by another forum member, you know who you are, thank you!
I don't think Steve reads his emails as often as he probably should?
scottie

Post by scottie »

I was just looking at the list of spares for the upcoming Elephant House auction.

Silly question (I have never been to this auction house, so I don't know if things go at a fair price or over the moon).

There is a barn find .... Win-a-Cig...... I could use a few parts from this (after I clean all the rust and dirt off it).

OK, so here's the silly question... Any idea what kind of money this would go for??? :shock:

Parts for allwins over on this side of the pond are few and far between.... I'm thinking MAYBE because allwins were from your side of the pond there would be a lot more of them around....and the prices would not be too bad .... :!?!: .....

Thanks for any input.
scottie
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Scottie, if you look on the Elephant website you can search all the previous sold prices.

I had two members of this site help me out a few years ago by bidding and winning a crate of crane parts there. But a few weeks later when the parts were laid out to photograph some of the best parts had gone missing......that I'd clearly seen in the auction photo! dirtdog Luckily for me these were doubled up parts that disappeared. I don't even know what else may have been taken that was unseen in the photo? So while I was pissed to have lost valuable parts and didn't get to choose the best examples to restore my empty cabinet, at least I have enough parts to get it done. But those were valuable extra gearbox parts I could have sold or traded. I'm not blaiming anybody as I have no idea who pinched the parts, but without being there in person you have no guarantees of getting everything you actually bid on!
scottie

Post by scottie »

Hi Gameswat
WOW that's crazy.....gee can't trust anyone these days... Sorry to hear that. I guess you're done dealing with those people... !!ESCAPE!!

Well I love to be there, I would be totally broke if I went, but that's not going to happen....
Yes, I have seen some of the auction results, but just on complete machines...
I really need those parts for the Win-a-Cig...........mmmmmm
scottie
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Scottie, I'm not sure what you mean about only seeing results for complete machines?? You can see the results for everything they've sold - see this link to results page - just go past the fist Top 100 and go to each auction in turn: URL+REMOVED+BY+SITE+ADMIN#.php

As for dealing with them again, if special parts turn up there that I desperately need and one of my friends is there in person then I'm sure I'll have them bid on my behalf. Not much else I can do being in such an isolated city. Maybe just before that auction during the viewing period someone moved the missing parts from my crate into another with other parts they were going to bid on? I've seen this happen at auctions I've attended. It's also a classic move for bidders to simply bend coin switches in pinballs etc so they are unplayable on the day of an auction! And get a much better deal because it's sold as "Not Working"!!
scottie

Post by scottie »

Thanks GAMESWAT
I'll check out the link....

Wow ...even in the coin op collecting, people are like that...sad.... :NBG:

Maybe if someone in here is going to the auction we could work out some kind of deal...???? !!IDEA!!

scottie
mademenicole

Post by mademenicole »

Hello
Does anybody know today's results at EH for the following machines:

Handan Ni
Allwin ( Lot 278 )
NSM Finale
Domino
Treble Pools

and maybe some other interesting, high priced items....

Thank you.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

The Handan Ni with shocker sold for £1400, the Domino £1700, Treble Pools £1250. French crane did well at over £4000, Rotolite £750! Full machine results with pics in the Arena soon as I have time.
sutton

Post by sutton »

Was there many people at the Elephant House auction? Does anyone know the price of the Ahrens Fire-fighter model, thanks ..?
safetyman1005

Post by safetyman1005 »

I think it went for £5,000
sutton

Post by sutton »

Thanks. Was it crowded at the auction?
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Not packed but enough machines this time to ensure a decent turn out.

Results with pictures now in the Arena.
slotsoffun

Post by slotsoffun »

How much did the vintage machine with the slot on the front make? I think it was made by VHS!!!!! :lol:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

safetyman1005

Post by safetyman1005 »

Does anyone know what Lot 153 went for?

It was a Trade Stimulator as EH failed to disclose the selling price on results page.

17479_161018-091122.jpg

I was at the previous auction and noticed there that Steve had omitted certain results, it was not that they did not sell as they were on Ebay a couple of days later!!
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

Somewhat oddly, when you open the results page on the EH site there are a number of missing lots, yet clicking on Mr PM's link includes them. !PUZZLED!