EH / Collector Connector sales

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
bryans fan

Re: Elephant House Auctions

Post by bryans fan »

They certainly look a challenge !
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Hammer prices and pictures from the 3rd Elephant House Amusement Machines Auction are now in the Arena.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Went this time to this weekend's Elephant Auction as did many others. Slots looked like they did well, and one of those rare occasions I walked away without a machine, although I did pick up one or two other things.

The Amusement arcade tent, went for £900, (if it hit its reserve) which seemed like a bargain for those wanting to start their own travelling fair and certainly looked the part.

Nearly all the allwins went for between £350-450 and some poor condition bandits managed interesting prices, e.g. a very poor condition Poinsettia for £209.. and a nice Mills QT for £700.
bandito

Post by bandito »

I bought the Poinsettia for spare parts. The mech was complete, though has a lot of surface rust, but nothing that can't be cleaned off. I will try and take some before and after pictures of the mech once I get to work on it. Yes, I paid a few quid more than I would have liked but that's life.........

As for the Mills QT, the front casting on this one was painted black and red. I fear the black paint was hiding a crack or repair which is why they get painted. I would prefer the edge strips to be polished and not painted. I would not have paid £700 for it. And did I hear someone shout out they sell for $3000 on ebay?????? Well, they might be up for sale for $3000 but only a few variations of the Mills QT would be worth that much.....
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Bandito wrote:I bought the Poinsettia for spare parts. The mech was complete, though has a lot of surface rust, but nothing that can't be cleaned off. I will try and take some before and after pictures of the mech once I get to work on it. Yes, I paid a few quid more than I would have liked but that's life.........
I think I win the prize for buying the biggest piece of junk, as mentioned on here. 98 quid on the roughest Hi Top.... Didn't salvage much as you can imagine: Weather beaten ebay Hi Top

This is about the 4th or 5th Poinsettia that has appeared at this auction in various states. Someone has a cache of these in a barn somewhere !PUZZLED!

I did big up the Nevada Gold Star and stopped myself, but I guess if one can spend the time on it, it would be worth doing...
Quite liked the look of the 5 Jacks, although on US coinage. Nice and compact.

I was going to list all the prices, but I am sure they will end up in the Arena soon anyway.
Attachments
winter project.JPG
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

slotalot wrote:And I see that lot 86 is also on ebay, 3 X Challengers by same seller !PUZZLED!
I believe the below machine is the result of one of the three poor challengers that were at the previous Elephant auction....I am sure the owner will correct me if not the case, but what a fine job. They sold another one with more of the parts available a few weeks ago, so presumably now has one with even less bits....Nice job though even the lower door looks good in oak..

I did think about buying these from the person who bought them at the auction, but if I had they would still be sitting there doing nothing..

Well done whoever you are !!THUMBSX2!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/challenger-dr ... 500wt_1202
Attachments
chal1.JPG
chal2.JPG
chal3.JPG
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Who's going to this one on Sunday?
bandito

Post by bandito »

I will be going. A good selection this time. Shame the Mills War Eagles are not listed any more. I've got my eye on a couple of items, not giving you any clues.......... I will take lots of pictures and post them on here after the auction when I have time. I posted a few pictures from the last auction. :-O-:
toibs

Post by toibs »

I'm planning to pop along to at least take a look - may stay to see what sort of prices things reach.

Unfortunately, I have no £££ at the moment (unless I find a bargain at £50!) which is a shame. However, will be good to see what's there :)
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Well a nice day for it and met a few regulars, as well as intros to other members from the site. I actually managed to not buy any machines for the first time, well except an item from the 18th century which does take pennys.....Fair prices on most things and I am sure someone will post pictures and prices. The Bryans Streamlines though all fetched over the grand, with the Elevenses reaching the highest price of I think £1800, which surprised me as it is probably the most common on the four for sale.
Attachments
elephant.JPG
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

yes not too bad a day.. Came home with one wooden machine and 2 turnstyles , saw mr pennymachines from a distance...treefrog need a picture of you so i know who you are.? Did you travel all the way frrom suffolk?. I was the cowman leaning on that cow at the top !PUZZLED!
Attachments
Elephant.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Jimmy if you go back to the photos of last Coventry and look for the guy who didn't get to the bogs in time ...........
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

As BP says, look at the ugly one on the left at Coventry, also usually trailing an alsation behind me annoying the other punters....Usually end up sleeping in a layby on the way back, still its a day out

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2733&p=12977
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

I only went for the cow but it made £60 :HaHa:
Attachments
Cowman 6.jpg
jingle

Post by jingle »

alright jim
what was the hammer price on the turnstiles
i was going to have a go at them
but i had bought the crane
and steer a ball
and never had space in the van,,
i forgot to watch out for them
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Hooper looks like a demented ice cream salesman ......... certainly an improvement.
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

£30 each........... not sure what my plan is yet. I might put them in the garden, one in, one out :cool: :cool: :o
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

JimmyC,

You mean the BAT CAVE, don't you? The turnstile "IN" is free; it's 5 quid to get out.

J Peterson
Your American Robin
jingle

Post by jingle »

let me know if you want to sell them
jim

bob
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Let you know if I do............ Which machine caught fire in the corner? !PUZZLED!
Attachments
Turnstye 2.jpg