Coventry Auction: Sunday 26th November 2017

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
coppinpr

Re: Coventry Auction: Sunday 26th November 2017

Post by coppinpr »

Auction over now and first chance to comment what withlining up to pay,then lining up to be paid, then 6 lots to squeeze into the car.
The bandits came last and prices were low, i got the BDR i wanted for 325 which was cheap to me, the jennings didnt sell, i got a kingsway for restoration for 150 and the better clubmaster (original locks,keys etc) for 600, cant remember the price of the gold award bandit from carters but it was sold below the reserve price.the bryans double decker got to 2000 but didnt reach the reserve, the buckley bones was offered at the end of the auction for sale at 5500 but no takers! The cheapest one you will ever see :o
A good day,in comfortable suroundings,the guys worked hard as usual, and anounced next years auction but the dste is....to be confirmed :tut
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Well I'm back home now. It was a really good day well done the j's !!THUMBSX2!!.... I bid on several items but won nothing.. !!RANT!!... I think the EH had an impact on atendence figures . ... Let's hope next year we don't have a clash.....anyway another successful auction !!THUMBSX2!!
woody

Post by woody »

Might I ask the price of the Earth Satellite machine please. I couldn't get over to the auction today - but this was the one I really had my eye on. Thanks
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Having listed all the prices on my catalogue i then left it on a table while struggling out with an old bandit (i think he was a bit the worse for wear) but earth sat went quite big,i think close to 1000
woody

Post by woody »

Thanks coppinpr
pinball

Post by pinball »

I had a really great day today and bought too much as usual. Huge thanks to Jerry and the team for organising this marvellous event, and for the vendors of course in providing machines, particularly the guys who refurbish machines and frankly keep this hobby alive. Vintage arcade machines kick ass :-)

Highlight for me was the electric shock Allwin deluxe, which does electrocute, it's not just vibration. Hell yeah.
Suck on that, health & safety.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

BDR looked alright and probably right money. Shame no stand. I recall one of these stands selling at Elephant selling real cheap, like 10 quid and recall who bought it, he may still have it as it's nice with the machine.

The beer at the venue is great, really nice pint of London Pride for £2.90. Like being back in the 1990s. :cool:

Didn't buy much, but sold all my lots bar one machine as I had either no reserves or low ones. I hope buyers are happy as having a clear out. Included a brand new Shefras escalator with paperwork in original box - what a Novelty. Lots more bargains to come.

Thanks to all for organising.
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Mr treefrog, when you have a clear out do you offer them at ebay or the market place?
I think you all had a very nice sunday, enjoy all your new toys. !!YABBADABBA!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Just a quick comment from The Coventry Mismanagement Team.
As always grateful thanks to you all.
As I've been known to say in previous years. "So long as I enjoyed myself, that's all that matters", and I did.

Several new faces in the younger band of the age group, which is always good. Our prize lot the Buckley Bones did go, at the end, find another one!

The best comment from the day was uttered to me by our Special Star Guest ......
Me (running across the car park in the dark) "Clive, did you pick up my bag of Dollars?"
Clive (Boiling a saucepan of water on a gas stove) "No, but it's possible, would you like a Mars Bar?"

Now feeling concerned for the safety of many of our friends driving the back lanes of Warwickshire between Coventry and Leamington I have made enquiries about moving our venue to next door to the L'spa event, no luck so far though.

We do have another plan, we shall run an auction next year, but due to the blatantly unimaginable diary held by others, next year we shan't tell anyone when.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

perhaps EH would rent you their place on the sat before their auction !!IDEA!!
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Is having a Saturday slotty auction a big no no wherever it may be......? !PUZZLED!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

So far as Coventry is concerned jimmy, we'd never get the current venue on a Saturday. It's their biggest day with family events during the day and tribute bands in the night. Perhaps L'Spa could, but why would they want to if it helps us?
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

Did the Bones sell after the auction.
How much did it make please??
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Well done again Jerry, Jeremy and co. for all your efforts again, another enjoyable day out.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

The Bones price is I believe unknown as it was a private sale in the end, but it was offered at the end of the auction for £5,500 with no takers at the time, so around that I would guess.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I've put up some results (with pictures) in the Arena based on what I jotted down. More prices to follow when I get the official results.
riche100

Post by riche100 »

whats the arena please?

and why cant you just put them somewhere for everyone to see ?

whats the big secret or reason please?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Big Reason? Secret? ..... none. :!?!:

The Arena is where we place information for posterity and easy access.
:didact:
If it were placed in the body of The Forum it would as likely get smothered by the mass of daily traffic that's added on a daily basis. You wouldn't know what to search for and therefore wouldn't know where to start searching. So it's in The Arena and takes only moments to browse, and is available for all to see. :o

Simply click on the greyed out bars behind the Clock showing in the top left hand corner and you will see all of the other pages available to members to access. !SMARTY!

Click on Arena and join, you will find a mountain of information dating way back to the beginning of this website. It is available for all to see and easy to find ...... enjoy |/XX\|
JC

Post by JC »

I returned home from Coventry yesterday evening, and having treated myself to a few hours 'off' am now ready to jump back into the saddle. Prices realised will be posted on our site in the next day or two, and will also be forwarded on to Mr PM to be made available in the Arena.
For the benefit of the speculators:
The Bones price is I believe unknown as it was a private sale in the end, but it was offered at the end of the auction for £5,500 with no takers at the time, so around that I would guess.
......it was not a private sale - a deal was made after the auction with agreement between us, the seller and the buyer. The reserve price was paid, as was commission.
And another correction - bidding on the Double Decker reached about £1400, not £2000 - if it had, it would have sold easily.
Anyway, many thanks for all the emails, texts and phone calls over the last couple of days - clearly, there are still many who appreciate our efforts and very much enjoy coming to Coventry every year. Thank you.

Jerry
riche100

Post by riche100 »

says i have to pay to view the arena ?

so it is in a locked and private area

:(