Auction searches

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Auction searches

Post by badpenny »

pennymachines wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:17 pm A few years ago I discovered a novel crowdsourced app which collects data from all the little village hall sales around the country. Members send catalogue details (and occasionally photos) from their phones and the app compiles it all into a searchable database. Because they're not listed by the saleroom.com etc., you can get some fantastic bargains. Ninety percent of my purchases are made this way.
That has to be the funniest post you've ever created Dave.
BP :HaHa:
geofflove

Post by geofflove »

I wondered if the app had been 'locked down' in the current climate due to the number of shielding people at the village halls. :HaHa:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

It is a brilliant service, but I could not get it to work from my iPad and seems to only work from windows or Android, so a little annoying from my phone. As with Mr PM, I must have got about 25 machines this year alone through this service.....there is a subscription though, so the £375 per year is a bit pricey, but in the long run worth every penny !!THUMBSX2!!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I've added a new section to the Archive called (for want of a better word) Sourcing. It includes all the places I go hunting for slots (except the aforementioned app, which you all seem to know about anyway). !WINK!

Please feel free to add any I've missed.
geofflove

Post by geofflove »

That's grand!