Jennings Witch and Black Cat

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
itsnot

Jennings 'Witch and black cat' on popular auction site.

Post by itsnot »

Topic moved & merged - Site Admin.

Doing my 'daily sweep' of various auction sites l came across a jennings 'witch and black cat' slot machine. l'd be interested in what other members thought about the machine advertised...
treefrog

Re: Jennings 'Witch and black cat' on popular auction site.

Post by treefrog »

This machine has been discussed in the above* thread as it was at auction last summer.

*Merged - Site Admin.
clubconsoles

Re: Jennings Witch and Black Cat

Post by clubconsoles »

Worth £1200 max, the seller knows what he has!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

clubconsoles wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:13 pm Worth £1200 max, the seller knows what he has!

I suspect that is right for a original Victoria machine, always wondered if a repro panel affects value though. Having said that machine is in nice condition. The description looks to have been taken from the original auction sale.....anyway machine looks nice
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

BP wrote:Merely for the sake of accuracy The Penny Arcade website (https://www.penny-arcade.info) is 100% Paul Coppin's
I assumed you still had an involvement bp, probably owing to the copyright note at the bottom of the first page: 'BP & PC Enterprises'

However, a very good website full of interesting information, well done for your initial involvement and also well done Paul for continuing to add to the info already on the site.
itsnot

Post by itsnot »

Some other things I noticed about the machine are the reel strips are numbers, which made me wonder if they were original to that machine for UK use due to early gambling rules?
The seller describes the three buttons below the reel strip window as 'hold' buttons. Would this not point to what model the machine may have been in the past?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

itsnot wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:09 pm The seller describes the three buttons below the reel strip window as 'hold' buttons.
I suspect the vendor isn't as aware as he makes out.