The Great Jubilee Mystery

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
pennymachines
Site Admin

The Great Jubilee Mystery

Post by pennymachines »

Here's a question for those of our members who were involved in the amusement machine industry in the 1970s or earlier. I know we have some!

Beanietatto just sent this picture of a classic little Jubilee. The Nevada had everything a mechanical bandit should have, and more. Visible jackpot, robust reliable mechanism, lots of chrome and rotary escalator a la Rol-a-Top. The resemblance to a Bally was not accidental. By this time Ballys were sweeping the old mechanicals into history. But, unlike the Bally, this bandit has been nowhere near Nevada.

My question. I know Jubilee Products was a London based company, but did they manufacture the bandits in Britain or simply distribute them for the Australian arm of the company?
Attachments
nevada.jpg
nevada.jpg (15.53 KiB) Viewed 3116 times
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Maybe I should stick to what I know...
It just struck me - that ain't a Jubilee - it's an Aristocrat (also made in Australia).

I just found the Aristocrat website. (Must admit, didn't realize they were still in business). About the Nevada: The revolutionary 'Aristocrat Nevada' was launched in 1961, inspired by visits to Nevada, the only US state where gambling was legal.

They have a useful history page here.

My question about Jubilees still stands.