EH / Collector Connector sales

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
john t peterson

Re: Elephant House Auctions

Post by john t peterson »

It would be interesting to see the mechanism of Dual Racer. The play field layout is unusual. Apparently, a win on the right-hand game is precedent to playing (and possibly winning) the left-hand game. If you do score on the allwin, the pay-out knob on bottom left of the case operates the pay-out mechanism on the far right side of the case. That must be quite a long rod attaching the knob to the coin slide. Why not put the pay-out mech in the center or on the left?

A similar game in concept is "Sports" by Automatic Skill Co. With that game, the two tracks are super-imposed over each other with the two triggers mounted one atop the other. If I ever get my wits about me, I'll add an article to the "Arena" on the game.

J Peterson
Witless in America
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

John T. Peterson wrote:Why not put the pay-out mech in the center or on the left?
I was wondering about that too JP. I had assumed the cup under the rhd coin flick game is for the return of that winning Penny which is what normally happens with those style games, drops straight back to the player. That winning coin would just need to trigger the second coin lever to release the allwin ball on it's way out. Maybe the instruction plate on the lhd allwin game is covering where that payout cup for that once was? Possibly this was converted into a non gambling game at a later time?
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

JP, just read the description in the auction catalogue on the Dual Racer, so if you win on both games it only returns your original Penny. Which is why the payout cup is under the first game and not the second.
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

Easter Day and the day of the resurrection. A great day but I must confess, I would really like to be at the Elephant House right now. Still a few more chocolate eggs to go and who knows?

I'm looking forward to hearing an update from those who did manage to get there.

Happy Easter all :D
bandito

Post by bandito »

I just got back from the auction. Went with nearly 3 grand in my pocket, and only bought a book! Just having a coffee and !!CHEERS!! will update some prices soon........tbc
bandito

Post by bandito »

These were hammer prices. 10% to be added.......
Bryans:
69 Rockets : £2600
70 Retreeva : £2500
71 Payramid early model : £1500
72 Payramid later version : £1500
73 Trickler : £1400
74 Forks : £1400
75 Rippler : £380
76 Hidden Treasure : £1600
77 Tick Tock : £1100
78 Satellite : £1400
79 All Sport : £650
80 Double Top : £650
81 Worlball : £800
82 Three Ball 7 Win : £920
83 Gapwin : £2400
84 Uwin : £1500
85 Pilwin : £900
86 Ten Cup : £700
87 Five Win : £820
88 Elevenses : £720
89 Bullion : £500
90 Fruitbowl : £700
91 6 Win Clock : £360
92 12 Win cCock : £400
93 Double Decker : £1700
94 Live Peep Show : £340
95 Crane : £300
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

Thanks for the update. An interesting variation of prices. Wish I'd been there to experience it all. I might have come away with a book too.
grabber

Post by grabber »

The prices at yesterday's sale were up and down all day.
I think this was because collectors were only chasing the machines they didn't have.
When the Bryans machines were being sold you could have heard a pin drop. Everyone was waiting to see what prices they made.
slotsoffun

Post by slotsoffun »

lol I noticed that too... deadly silent during the Bryans collection, then when all the boring petrol cans, ciggie cards, film posters and signs were being auctioned, you could hardly hear the auctioneer over the chattering among the crowds! Even the great collection of slot machines didn't command the silent respect! I remember years ago when the slots machines were being auctioned you had that silence and air of excitement, oh how times change. Seems the Allwins are in "vogue" at the moment!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Gameswat wrote:JP, just read the description in the auction catalogue on the Dual Racer, so if you win on both games it only returns your original Penny. Which is why the payout cup is under the first game and not the second.
I had a look at the mechanism. There were some screw holes and wooden in-fills in the backboard (some visible from the front) indicative of past alterations to the game but, as it stood, there is a long linkage from the payout handle on the far left to a payout hopper in the middle of the right hand playfield. So although I think it only pays a single coin, it does so via a conventional hopper and could therefore have paid more if fitted with a thicker slide. However, both sides seemed quite easy to win on, so it couldn't afford to pay much more.
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Thanks, Mr. PM. What did it sell for?
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

£2200 + 10% buyer's premium.
If you think about it, it would have been impossible to place the payout mechanism on the left because the coins that feed the hopper arrive from the middle of the right hand playfield.
The ball, by the way, is automatically released when you win on the first game. I would have taken a picture of the mechanism but my camera let me down yesterday.
ninecup

Post by ninecup »

A few auction pictures.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
jingle

Post by jingle »

Seems the Trickler didn't make the normal price I have seen these sell for.
1400 plus still sounds cheap.
Anyone take any pics of the inside of the dodgy Rockets?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Wow, sooo many machines and all I could do was walk away with the usual common bandits and probably too high a price as well.....The two machine I had my eye on were the "nixie" special bandit that reached for the skys in price terms and the Bryans Hidden Treasures, which maybe I should have pushed that one more bid. Someone mentioned to me they were the bandit of the Bryans world and I guess that is true, maybe that is why I like them.

There were some cheaper machines there though, with the holiday weekend, less people and so many machines they did not reach the crazy levels of the last auction, but were more realistic and very few bargains... At least I got to play a few of the rarer Bryans machines and I have to say the Rockets is not the most interesting amusement machine to play, not far from a Rippler with a ball launch. The Satellite was fun though. !!THUMBSX2!!
slotsoffun

Post by slotsoffun »

Here's some shots from the Rocket insides:
Rocket Upper Inside
Rocket Upper Inside

Rocket Lower Inside
Rocket Lower Inside

Rocket Cash Box Area
Rocket Cash Box Area

bandito

Post by bandito »

Here is the Rockets in action. My first play. I was expecting the handle to be spring loaded not just a flappy bit of metal.....

Here is a video of the Double Decker:

bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

treefrog wrote:There were some cheaper machines there though, with the holiday weekend, less people and so many machines they did not reach the crazy levels of the last auction, but were more realistic and very few bargains...
It proved to me at least, that auctions are unpredictable, and that it is very hard to put a value on a machine or "what it is worth". A machine is worth what someone will pay on the day. It is also based on supply and demand. Bryans prices seemed erratic, to me the Trickler seemed cheap, others were about right. The 3 ball seven win seemed cheap, given a previous one made £2600.
I thought it was a great selection of machines, the best for some time, and was well attended given the date.

It was nice to see "old" friends (not friends who were old), and make some new ones. I enjoyed speaking to the lady who was the proud new owner of the 1930s Payramid, even though I forgot to ask her name!
The Rockets mech looked to be original to me. I think that the ease of winning on the Rockets was its downfall, and hence few were made.

I too thought the Satellite was fun ;-)
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Steve Hunt wrote:Due to the incredible recent response to our Auctions, and massive demand from sellers, we have made the decision to run our Vintage Amusement Auction on the third Sunday of every month from now on (excluding December).
:o
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

:o :shock: !SURRENDER! !PIGSFLY!