Rare Mills Poinsettia - Not

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
treefrog

Rare Mills Poinsettia - Not

Post by treefrog »

Been listed a few time now and in fact the seller has it listed twice, even more amazing that some offered a bid. I love the text though:
This is a circa 1929 Mills Poinsettia mechanical 5 cent coin-op slot machine. I cannot find anything wrong with this machine .The operation is as far as I can tell like new. I cannot brag enough on the rare find of a machine with woodwork, casing and mechanics altogether in great shape. Numbers on the machine and Mills Novelty Co on the wheels
Well I guess it is a whole lot newer than 1929 with a Aristocrat mech and a case probably made in the 80/90's. Was going to send an email, but not sure the seller would appreciate

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mills-Poinset ... 3f447e192a
Attachments
poin1.JPG
poin2.JPG
raj

Re: Rare Mills Poinsettia - Not

Post by raj »

read the sellers feedback and howl :lol: A car booter well out his depth I think :HaHa:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Do you think a sowing machine is a robot pig?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

did you know he has the machine on twice at the same time with different prices?
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Good morning all, nowi became a little bit worried. I hope your comment will be not the same about my first purchase earlier this year! dirtdog
Dutchboy
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (30.21 KiB) Viewed 3658 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (33.67 KiB) Viewed 3658 times
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Dutchboy,

Looks to be a Mills Mechanism, cannot tell from the picture about the cabinet, you would need to send a better picture from the rear without mechanism in it. The wood should be solid oak and the castings should not be new/shiney on the inside....

My second machine I bought was a fancy front Mills machine with Dagger handle and turned out to be a repro, even though it had a Mills mech in it.
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Thanks treefrog, because i know you all like pictures i will treat some of them. When my english is not perfect, please don't blame me or just have a laugh :lol: i will post a topic in the market in the coming future, because the coin mechanisme is not complete. (The escalator holds only 1 coin instead of 2 behind the magnifier glass). The machine did pay out, but now at the moment it only pays out when the mechanisme is out of the cabinet. Maybe the payslide stop?

Greetings dutchboy
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg (30.4 KiB) Viewed 3612 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (29.93 KiB) Viewed 3612 times
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I'm suspicious about the top of the coin entry on the mechansim.

Being a goose neck entry it should all be in one piece. So when you remove the mechanism the goose neck slides out with it attached.

BP
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Thanks bp, i know that because there was some cutting on the top of the coinmechanisme and in the escalator. I think the complete mechanisme is mills because of the stamped numbers, but not sure the mechanisme is original for a poinsettia. I think someone will know here, when i see the knowledge on the forum. I like it to read all the topics and learn a lot this way!