Sega Bell

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Sega Bell

Post by badpenny »

...... Have you decided yet if you're going for a JP? If you aren't I'm sure I have the overflow tube you need.

BP
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Mr badpenny, i will not go for the jp. So the overflow will be very welcome! Should i send a pm to you? I'm surprised about how helpfull everyone is on the forum. !THUMBS!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I'll take a photo for you with dimensions, but don't expect any of that metric nonsense, it'll be good old English inches and serves you right!
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

:D
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Another OLD penny Hi Top on Ebay at the moment, with what suggests to be a Skills Stop button on the front, never seen this before, wonder if it actually attaches to anything, suspect not. This machine has a false escalator window and older 10 stop mechanism, a bit of a mixture....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141621635381? ... EBIDX%3AIT
Attachments
skill.JPG
highfield

Post by highfield »

That went quick. Not on long enough to view it ! !PUZZLED!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

It appears to be one of the earliest Hi Tops, a 1947 Standard Jewell Bell with the low cut jackpot window, and apart from the removed escalator, the skill stop and the jackpot cover front plate, it looks correct. The cash tray, handle, payout plate and other front plates all look correct and I guess the very early ones did have 10 stop mechs. Could be it's still in its original UK conversion condition. Pity you can't see if it's got the slotted oak side panels.
jewell.jpg

aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Yes TF, very unusual to have that skill stop push button... in that position. I was tempted to say, 'I'll let you know if it's connected to anything'..... but, alas, it's not coming here....

GP
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

I woud like to say special thanks to mr coppinpr, get an rolldown escalator in this week !
THANKS !THANKS!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I haven't forgotten I have to mail you a photo of my bypass tube.
BP
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

badpenny wrote:I haven't forgotten I have to mail you a photo of my bypass tube.
Errr wrong forum BP?
I think you need the Embarrassing Bodies website!
!!NURSEY!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Blast! .... I keep doing that.
Last week I asked on "Stop_staring_at_it_Forum.com if anyone could advise what size balls my Pilwin Clown performs best with.
Was I embarrassed ? Still I've got enough dates to last the month.

BP
PS ~ Anyone know a fancy dress shop for clown outfits?
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

No hurry BP, I have seen a nice spare mech. Now I have to be patient, guess what coin it uses? Tubes and all are there, keep my fingers crossed. !PRAY!!
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Here a little update about the Sega bell. A few months back I came in contact with a collector of mostly Jennings machines and guess what, he lives only a three minutes drive from me! I had to think about what was written about Mr Treefrog with the containers to put his machines in. Only he have garage boxes in a row full with machines and parts. He digged up for me a 1d escalator (1 by 1 like roll-down), coin-tube and a tube to the cash-box. It looks very nice with the escalator I think! Here are some pics of it.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Worth a lot more than £40 now, it's looking good !!THUMBSX2!!
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Yes, very tidy machine now. Personal choice, but I think it would look better with that Sega badge replaced with a 1d round badge. Your top casting does not have a Sega centre badge slot so maybe the front top casting, or all the castings, are not Sega but made by one of the many "suppliers" at the time?

I#ll have a look to see if I have any spare 1d badges that size. I have the smaller 1d badges for sure but hopefully have the larger one in either Mills or Sega style. You may of course prefer it as is - no problem, just let me know either way.

gp
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Thanks coppinpr/gp indeed the 1d badge would be very nice, but this one was the only one he had. It looks much better than an empty space with a hole! Gp, if you have one than I will be interested. I will mention the inbus piece on top of the coin detector lever, because I know here are people with a sharp eye. This is originally a small lever, so maybe in the future I find one.
Greetings.
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

Well done that man. It looks very nice indeed. The 1d Sega Copper Stars are not that common, even over here but once working they are a nice and reliable machine. !!THUMBSX2!!
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Thanks cheeky, I really like the character and especially the original paint on the machine.
I cleaned it with degreaser and polish wool and each time the color gets better. The little damages I did repair. Still some little issues to solve but happy with it.