Coventry Auction - Sunday 27th November 2016

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
arrgee

Coventry Auction - Sunday 27th November 2016

Post by arrgee »

Has a date been set yet for Coventry? need to get this on the calendar before wifey commits us to anything.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Coventry 2016

Post by badpenny »

Our 2016 annual auction will take place on Sunday 27th November at our usual venue, the Coundon Social Club, Coventry.

As usual we're getting lots promised, as usual no photos yet.

BP
arrgee

Re: Coventry Auction - Sunday 27th November 2016

Post by arrgee »

Thanks BP - in the diary !!THUMBSX2!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

JC & JC Productions are pleased to announce The opening of their new Water Amusement Park

Building is not due to be started until Spring 2017, however we'll be having a word with Patrick The Bricky who is project managing this and expect to be able to give those attending the Coventry Auction - Sunday 27th November 2016 a sneaky go this November.

Don't forget your Burkini, we don't want any incidents.

BP :cool:
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Evening all, are there allready details knows about coming auction? Like when the Doors are open and beginning and ending of the auction. I try to plan for plane and hotel.

Thanks.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

If you click on this special clever clicky link You will magically learn the answer to every single question you have wondered about in your life to date.

So long of course you've only ever been inquisitive about The Coventry Auction. :cool:
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Thanks badpenny, that's all I need !THUMBS! That will be an early flight, must be no problem.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

any idea when the submission forms for lots will be available, I want to get my lots in to Jerry before I go on my travels again in two weeks time
JC

Post by JC »

Entry forms should be online, ready to download within a week or so. However, by all means email me details of items to be entered at any time - and don't forget pictures!
JC

Post by JC »

For those that haven't yet signed-up to receive updates from the auction website, here's one that I've just sent out:

Entries have been trickling in over the past week, and I have now completed the first page to view on the website. There are more lots to be added, but not yet enough to fill a second page - so please keep those entries coming in.
Of the thirty lots listed so far, about half are all those coins I collected last week! However, we do already have a few machines, including a very interesting automaton Monkey (it's not coin-operated, but I guess could be easily converted). There is a short video that can be downloaded - take a look, it is certainly a very fine model.

http://www.vintageamusementsauctions.co ... 4593099327

Next update sometime next week

All the best

Jerry

Do take a look at the Monkey - he's rather good. !MONKEY!
polaris

Post by polaris »

Two auctions on the same day, special announcement from EH this weekend not to be missed oh the excitement could it be something else has fallen off Hannibal hellmurto I can't contain myself. Why the need to overlap well known date on the calendar?
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

polaris wrote: Why the need to overlap well known date on the calendar?
It looks to me to be a deliberate attempt to undermine a well established "collectors" event :tut why else would they have it on the same day as the Coventry Auction?? !!--I--!!
As it can be Cold in November it is your choice...
Cattle Shed !!BRRRR!!
Working Mens Club !!CHEERS!!
!WHOOPS!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Well if nothing else it does mean we won't have to put up with him at The Coventry Auction scooping up the bargains to sell on at The Elephant House a few weeks later. :didact:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I think you are wrong there bp, I suspect he will at least assume prices will be lower at coventry because numbers will be affected and have someone there to buy any bargains,it's clearly intentional and part of the plan to kill the coventry auction ,which I hasten to add should not happen.i will say one thing,and I'll get shouted at as usual, it would help our auction if it would at least modernise a little and advertise to the outside world more,ill suspect it's the seller's that will drop out in the future rather than buyers.just my view :!?!:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

There's only one person who can possibly gain from running an EH auction the same day as Coventry and everybody else is a loser.
*Vendors lose by being torn between two events, so he's hardly helping them.
*Buyers naturally may be interested in lots appearing in both so he's wasting their time.
*Naturally the hobby as a whole loses out, and let's be honest ours is a small world with only a few hundred active participants ...... do slotties really have such a short memory?

I fully understand the individual collector is only really interested in "what's in it for me?" and will be driven to which auction has their heart's delight. Nobody should be blamed for thinking differently.

However if The Coventry Auction had for any reason enough lots to run an event we would never chose the same date as another venue.
Why? ~ Because we're not greedy, and we wouldn't want to deprive anyone of attending both.

We believe we've always supported the hobby and you the collectors, we see no point in trying to !PUNISH!

BP
mervyngoodhew

Post by mervyngoodhew »

the man is bang out of order should go and sit on his pier, might fall throu a hole
polaris

Post by polaris »

Think everyone here will agree only a complete tosser would pull such a stunt. Totally agree with BP that sellers going to lose out. Think if I had entered items i certainly would be concerned about potential loss of customers torn between two venues. Head to Coventry and if any interest in items at EH leave absentee bid
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Such a shame that Both auctions are on the same date. I agree with polaris but my experience is that an absentee bid is never the max market price. This because you have not seen the lot live. It will mean less profit for the seller and auctioneer. (I think)

Greetings.
pennymad

Post by pennymad »

Did anyone stay to the end of the elephant house auction today to hear the reveal from the sealed envelope announcement which is supposed to be something big? Such a shame he has chosen to deliberately clash with cov?
jelly works

Post by jelly works »

The reveal from the sealed envelope announcement is.... It's there 25th auction anniversary, and to celebrate there will be no selling fees and plenty of tea and cake.