Bell Fruit Three Penny Supreme

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
coppinpr

Re: Bell Fruit Three Penny Supreme

Post by coppinpr »

thought Id take a quick look at the belly glass and strangely enough I think it will be easier than the top glass, not so much tiny fragments, the the photo is much smaller than the top glass one though (57k) might need a higher res photo to do a good job and that might increase the damage that shows. In 5 mins I managed to get this far including replacing the damaged payout symbols

bell belly glass 1.jpg
bell belly glass 1.jpg (58.1 KiB) Viewed 3682 times

madmickshere

Post by madmickshere »

Well it's just fantastic and yes I'll definitely be using it, I will however need someone to give me an idea who to use for printing and what exactly to ask for when seeking to get it printed, though I won't be doing that until the other part is done and I'm very happy to wait two weeks. You enjoy your holiday, I've never been to either but my mam's been to Morocco and I've been to Sardinia which is a great place and probably similar. Once again many thanks for the great work. Mick
madmickshere

Post by madmickshere »

coppinpr wrote:...the photo is much smaller than the top glass one though (57k)...
Only just seen this, I agree it will need to be bigger. I don't really understand how it is that small. Someone will need to tell me how to upload it bigger or I can email it. It's 5224 × 3397 (4.6 MB) on my computer before I uploaded it on the forum.
madmickshere

Post by madmickshere »

Tried uploading it again, is that better?
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_f7c.jpeg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

can you email the file to me with a size of about 1.3 to 1.5 MB, it loads from the forum at just 34k, dont know why the top glass came in at a good 1.2mb.

my email can be found on the contact tab to the right of this post...I think
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Thanks for the hi-res photo by email. now I can see the extent of the damage,its a lot! you couldnt have repaired this glass, there are literally 100's of paint cracks and movements. Ive made a start just for fun and its moving along quicker than the top glass(so far). you can see from the results of the first stage work on the shamrocks how many cracks show up. Ive done about 50% of the yellow background and Im down to the very small cracks now. had some fun re doing the payout table but still lots to do in that area too.The lettering was in better shape than the top glass and has moved forward real fast.As before its those old mirrored areas that are the real problem,the shamrocks and the frames but its coming along.

belly glass latest3.jpg

madmickshere

Post by madmickshere »

Yep, I did think it was too much to repair myself as soon as I touched the original the paint work just either moved or fell off. It's looking good already. Is it possible for you to take the background colour from the payout table on this glass and then change the colour on the top glass around the threepenny bit to match?
Ps: don't forget to go on your holiday.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Ive changed the coin background as requested and completely re done the outside area to make it easier to print

bell top glass 7A.jpg

bell top glass 7A flip.jpg

madmickshere

Post by madmickshere »

OK, looks great.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Ok,here is the latest draft before I go on vacation, Its a good job you decided to restore the machine when you did,I dont think the glass would have lasted much longer, it looks ok till you dig deeper,there are not 100's of scratches and flakes there are actually 1000's. The shamrock Ive just finished had over 500 seperate damage points, I thought Id time myself being as there has been some dispute about how long it takes, using a combination of flood,clone and paint it took me 57 mins,and I enjoyed every min :cool:

belly glass latest4.jpg

Ps: don't forget to go on your holiday.
dont worry I wont forget to go on hols,I need a break,Rome tomorrow and its ..now let me see almost 18 days since I was last there,then Sicily..it over 4 weeks since I was there :shock: . The guys on here will tell you I like to travel...my weakness...well one of them
madmickshere

Post by madmickshere »

Great stuff, have a good holiday, travels one of my favourite things, just wish I could afford to go more often, Rome was the toughest holiday I've ever been on, by that I mean we were up at dawn and late to bed for 2 weeks solid, just so much to do and see, it was endless we overdosed on Roman history / artefacts then came back exhausted. Feel free to find me any old Lambretta's or Fiat Dino's while you are out there.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

back from vacation and started on your glass again, so much damage I cant believe it survived.
Just the reel window surround,the outlines of two of the words and a general check to go
belly glass latest5.jpg

madmickshere

Post by madmickshere »

Excellent, it only survived because it was packed away safely though even then the flakes were falling off. I hope you enjoyed your holiday?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Well it's done %|% It's not perfect but it's pretty good even though I say so myself. It was a big challenge and I enjoyed doing it. A lot of the damage was at the 1 and 2 pixel level and was so mixed up few of the tiny areas had the same colour numbers, dozens of shades of grey for the worst parts. Rebuilding the missing parts was fun as was restoring the payout chart. I'll be interested to see the finished product. Ask advice from others on the site as to printing - I know little about what is the best place to go etc. Will you clean off the old glass or have new glass cut? Always nice to keep the original around although this one is pretty much shot. I've put straight and flipped versions in the resource section. I have also changed the top glass version to match the better background colour of the belly glass.

If you need me to send direct let me know. Doubt anyone will ever need a copy other than you. 3d machines are very rare and I don't think I've ever seen one with a custom glass directed at 3d like this one.

This machine better bloody work in the end after what it's cost you in chrome fees and me in backache. :lol:
Attachments
bellyglass start.jpeg
bellyglass start.jpeg (32.29 KiB) Viewed 3753 times
belly glass latest5.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Looks like an added bonus for your machine... It might take the new £1 coin. :lol:
Attachments
new pound coin.jpeg
madmickshere

Post by madmickshere »

That would be good as I will be quids in then, as I have a bag full of thrupenny bits somewhere.
lucky_twins

Post by lucky_twins »

WOW.... that is a real credit to you !!THUMBSX2!!
Last edited by lucky_twins on Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madmickshere

Post by madmickshere »

coppinpr wrote:Well it's done %|% It's not perfect but it's pretty good even though I say so myself. It was a big challenge and I enjoyed doing it. A lot of the damage was at the 1 and 2 pixel level and was so mixed up few of the tiny areas had the same colour numbers, dozens of shades of grey for the worst parts. Rebuilding the missing parts was fun as was restoring the payout chart. I'll be interested to see the finished product. Ask advice from others on the site as to printing - I know little about what is the best place to go etc. Will you clean off the old glass or have new glass cut? Always nice to keep the original around although this one is pretty much shot. I've put straight and flipped versions in the resource section. I have also changed the top glass version to match the better background colour of the belly glass.

If you need me to send direct let me know. Doubt anyone will ever need a copy other than you. 3d machines are very rare and I don't think I've ever seen one with a custom glass directed at 3d like this one.

This machine better bloody work in the end after what it's cost you in chrome fees and me in backache. :lol:
Do you know I looked on here at dinner time and didn't even notice your excellent finished work, just that £1 coin. Both glasses look amazing, I am extremely grateful to you for doing this? What do I owe you?
There won't be any point in me saving the glass to keep as the bits are falling off everywhere and I don't have anywhere to store them, however I will reuse the glass with the new prints.
Do you suggest I start a new post to find out what to do next? Many thanks again.....Mick !!CHEERS!!
madmickshere

Post by madmickshere »

Well heres an update, the vinyl stickers arrived today and are now on the machine, a certain Paul should be congratulated here !!THUMBSX2!!
It's now looking good, however I can't do anymore on it for a while as I pick up another for the spares I'm missing next week.
Mick
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_1098.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1099.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1097.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1096.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1095.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1094.jpeg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

looks very good,the expensive chrome makes all the difference LOL. like to see ity when the lights are done !!THUMBSX2!!