EH / Collector Connector sales

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
clubconsoles

Re: Elephant House Auctions

Post by clubconsoles »

Thanks Bill Gates, ant idea what it made?
Nigel
bill gates

Post by bill gates »

I didn't stay mate. I went to the Coventry auction after having a quick look around the EH.
panda999

Post by panda999 »

The Jennings turned up during the morning, and I believe it went for around 1,250 to 1,300 but could be wrong.
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

Mademenicole wrote:Does anybody know results of EH auction from today ??

Lot 68 Hen Egg Vending
Lot 86 circle skill wall machine
87 shield catcher
88 electric amuser
89 allwin
90 French Oracle
114 ABT Big Game Hunter
116 Pee Nee Golf
120 Allwin
207 Derby Wall Machine
225 Ruffler Fill em up
304 Oliver Whales Victory ball
353 Pool Tote Wall Machine

Thank you !

So did no one go then?? :lol: ;-)
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Not me, I went to Coventry...... I would have gone if it was next Sunday...........
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

yes that's what i was thinking, the EH auction and Coventry were both busy yet no one wants to post.
I thought this forum would be buzzing with members wanting to discuss their surprises and dissappointments at BOTH venues !PUZZLED! :!?!:
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

jimmycowman wrote:Not me, I went to Coventry...... I would have gone if it was next Sunday...........
Same applies to me.
brianh

Post by brianh »

Couldn't get to either auction so had to resort to an absentee bid at EH. Did in fact win that one at quite a bit lower than my top bid so at least shows they don't up it artificially to the top bid, but of course I'm buying blind and relying on pics so will be interesting to see what I got for the money! Point about this is that I would also have put absentee bid on an item at the Coventry auction had that been an option. I appreciate it isn't, and that you can't beat the experience of attending "in the flesh" but it seems that EH had over 300 absentee bids so is there a chance that Coventry could look at the logistics for this next year if the situation arises? I may be shot down in flames for this suggestion and it may not suit the purists but it could "up" the income needed to run the event.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Well I went to Coventry..of course.. !SAINT! I bought two machines, the Chinese front jennings,which needs some work(which I like to do) and was cheapish and an Electric amuser allwin which is in very good condition and was also cheapish, The chinese front was on a rare "three pulls for 3d" and the original UK payout card lists the JP as "20 cigarettes" ,paid by the attendant unfortunately not the jp unit (question.. I wonder if its possible to hand load the JP with fags and it will pay out :!?!: )

Also bought a few spares including a gold award unit for £2 :o and the operating bar for it for another £2 but was disappointed on the whole with the spares selection this time, no back doors,JP units or complete mechs,and ,as in recent years, less and less machines suitable for "projects", there were several bags of washers which seemed like embarrassing lots to me
Loads of coins on offer and I did buy a mass of 3d coins for the Chinese front :cool:

I sold all five lots I entered,2 for more than expected and three at exactly what I estimated they would go for.

What occurred to me when I got there was,there were,as expected, machines there I wanted to try for,I dare say that would have been the case at EH but that didn't matter as I couldn't buy them all so I didn't feel I was missing anything at EH, I got what I went for and one machine I hadn't bargained on. I cant say for sure of course because I didn't go to EH but I wouldn't be surprised if the selection, quality and rarity of the allwins at Coventry was superior as a whole and the bidding reflected this as prices seemed to me quite high.

I sat with a forum member from Holland making a special one day trip to the auction for the first time, he enjoyed it very much but prices were too high for him to buy and ship.

A pity about the "2 on the same day" problem,wouldn't it have been nice if they had been on Sat and Sunday THEN I would have gone to both :cool:

There were,as usual, a few strange occurrences ,1, the auctioneer,who is as good as any Ive ever seen, continually failed to read the descriptions correctly because he said ,and I quote, " if I bring my glasses down from my forehead I wont get them up again" :!?!: 2, Jerry managed to bid and buy a machine he didnt know he was bidding on :lol: 3. BP admitted printing a large number of the auction lot numbers on the wrong side of the sticky labels :tut 4. the biggest buyer on the day left an expensive Bryans machine behind at the end,presumably as a tip for the auctioneer :D

bottom line...Il go again..anytime !!THUMBSX2!!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Well I am never shy to say it as it is.....
Nope never went to Coventry, yup went to the Elephant, yup probably regret it as well..(sort of as ended up machineless)

As usual left it too late as had planned to view at Elephant then go onto Coventry, but time was close so stayed at the elephant as there were two non slotty related items I was after and got one of them.

It was bloody rammed, you could not move, so many people and machines it was mad. I had an idea who most were and realised with the large number of Emanuel signs the auction had attracted a lot of sign collectors and of course also xmas shoppers....I have no idea how they got all the gear in the room, a lot of bigger machines

Anyway with so many bloody absentee bids, Steve I guess had a struggle getting them ready for start, so we were delayed by 30 to 40 minutes. It also meant it added overall time throughout the auction. We finished I think around 6pm maybe later. Also paying did not start until half way through, so I got out by about 6.30. People from the the Coventry auction stared turning up before the halfway point...Still plenty of cake and sparkling wine and the annual xmas hamper raffle

So it occurred to me I could have gone to Coventry, paid and gone on to the elephant and not missed much...there you go

On top of all that I never bought a single slot related item as prices as usual were crazy (a positive sign still in some ways

Can't comment on which auction had better selection as both looked to have a good mix.....one or two items sold cheap of course if they met reserve, the Bryan's Double Top and the Pace console was cheap given it had been in two previous auctions not meeting reserve and the buyer told me he got it.

Will be interesting to see prices from both auctions once published

I think our spares seller has dried up on a lot of the items you are talking about and may not attend any of them in the near future, so I hear ;-)
bill gates

Post by bill gates »

I was delighted to win two bags of vintage washers at the Coventry auction. Lucky old me!
I was interested in the Chinese front Jennings, but the chipboard cabinet was a no no for me.
Went home with my wedge, will be back next year :tarah:
slotsoffun

Post by slotsoffun »

Hoping Steve (or associates) are reading this, just wanted to say another excellent Auction. The atmosphere was great, the free biscuits even better!!! Just a suggestion that I heard numerous times on the day, maybe Steve could employ someone on the day to help him take money/printout receipts etc.. as one of the key factors that many people comment about is the fact Steve allows people to pay for their items as soon as, and take them away before the end. This is a major plus for many of us bidders/buyers.
I fully appreciate that he has 101 jobs to attend to on the actual day, but still manages to run the thing smoothly. Just having an extra pair of hands handling some of the admin tasks during the auction would keep punters happy in not having to wait too long to pay and go, AND give Steve some time to enjoy the day too!
I know many hardcore collectors like to knock the EH auctions, but there are many more buyers who appreciate what they do. Looking forward to 2017 at EH. Well done Steve and team.
madmickshere

Post by madmickshere »

Well, being new to both this forum and the two auctions on the same day plus peoples reasons for going to either, I made the last minute decision to book a hotel (near Coventry airport) and go. My plan was to go check out EH, leave bids on things I was interested in, then go to Coventry and see what I could buy there, also hoping to meet some people who had helped me with my machine. My plan started to fail when EH hadn't got all his listings sorted online before I went to bed on the Friday, let alone the lot numbers. So up early Saturday to see lot numbers and print off the listings, no still not ready before I had to leave, so travelled up on the Saturday morning via the other side of Birmingham as I had to collect some spares from a shop up there. Collected my spares and travelled Royal Leamington Spa, a tortuous journey ensued past Brum, checked out EH hoping on the off chance they would be open for viewings the day before (like I read somewhere on here and in my experience most "normal" auctions have viewings the day before). No chance, headed to hotel and still I had no catalogue for EH, anyway I did have a good evening and a few drinks, up early to EH, found nearish free parking and got there for 10am, stood outside for awhile with others getting cold until someone finally walks up, opens the doors and we all follow. Quick look round, quite overwhelmed by all the machines, enamel signs, antique scales, knackered kiddies dodgems, one immaculate one, all the lights and the circus crap, plus the mad rush of punters, pulling, poking and generally playing on the machines, old coins were flying about all over the place. So pays my £2 quid for my long awaited catalogue only to find out that other than the lot numbers and make of machines it was worthless to me as all the descriptive information that was on the website to help buyers decide was not in it! Oh well, I had written some notes on the ones I was interested in and i have my own common sense.
To put it in a nutshell, there was too much I was interested in to check out thoroughly (a lot of the signs I like were filled and painted), it was packed too, so I didn't have enough time to do my checks, leave bids and travel and view at Coventry as well, so ended up spending a very cold day at EH, loving the machines and listening a lot to other peoples opinions on everything. I went, I saw (one auction), I left (empty handed). Just too dear for the ones I wanted but did enjoy my cold day out but disappointed not to make Coventry.

I can answer some of the bids on the machines below as I only wrote on the ones I fancied but don't quote me, I think they are the correct prices plus 10%, I hope that helps.
Lot 68 Hen Egg Vending £280
Lot 86 circle skill wall machine £540
87 shield catcher £620
88 electric amuser £700
89 allwin £500
90 French Oracle
114 ABT Big Game Hunter
116 Pee Nee Golf £460
120 Allwin £420
207 Derby Wall Machine ™ £3300
225 Ruffler Fill em up £580
304 Oliver Whales Victory ball
353 Pool Tote Wall Machine
Last edited by madmickshere on Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
madmickshere

Post by madmickshere »

Oh and here's some of the fabulous items......
Attachments
20161127_173050a.jpg
fullsizeoutput_11a7a.jpg
20161127_144400a.jpg
20161127_142613a.jpg
DSC09992a.jpg
DSC09990a.jpg
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

You sure the pee nee golf did 160?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

That Derby racer has a trade mark on it !PUZZLED!

Never took any prices as couldn't move my arms.... I was bidding on the Egg Vendor as I wanted parts. I thought it would go cheap (excuse the pun) as it was missing lots of bits and think it went for more than £300. The Ruffler and Walker was a rough project machine, rusty as hell, but fetched good condition prices.
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

It's never been so slow on prices hitting the net. Is it because mr. Penny machines. Wasn't there? Lol !!RAYOF!!
madmickshere

Post by madmickshere »

widget2k4 wrote:You sure the pee nee golf did 160?
Reread my notes, it was £460, my bad writing
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

jimmycowman wrote:Is it because mr. Penny machines. Wasn't there?
There were a couple of things I was interested in at the EH but I went to Coventry. I took pictures at the EH on Saturday, and will post them with the results.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Results are now online