Duomat penny slot machine

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
treefrog

Re: Duomat penny slot machine

Post by treefrog »

The seller looks to be right, one of the two accuator bars is missing, the lower one looking at the picture. Also is the back missing as it was nit in the picture
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Hi, thanks for your insight. If they are missing is there any way to replicate these pieces?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

If anyone has the parts it's treefrog. I'd be surprised if he doesn't have half a dozen Duo-mat machines - just ask him nicely. !WORSHIPFULL!
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Thank you, I will send him a message.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I know you pinged me, but I am afraid I am not a source of spares for all, just happen like many to have one or two bits lying around. In terms of Duomats, I have 5, three good ones and two very rough projects. I might make one out of the last two, as such possibly I will end up with some spare mechanical bits and possibly a good glass front. At this stage, not made that call, so all I can do is measure that part which would be easy to produce a temp item that would do the job....

One thing I have never tried is whether the cabinets are the same size as Beromat type machines, as this may be a cheap source of a rear door.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I have a scrap one.
It's quite lacking in parts, but there are some cabinet as well as mechanical parts.

I shan't have a chance to give any details for a few weeks as it won't be accessible until near Christmas.

BP
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Thank you tree frog, will keep that in mind and maybe get back to you for further information.
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Appreciated BP. I won't exactly know what I need until I can get eyes on and then won't be sure until I have asked a few more questions. But def will be in touch to see if you have what I need.
madmickshere

Post by madmickshere »

This one sold for £300 just over a year ago
Attachments
13393_151104-060455.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I was wrong again, TF didn't have 6 only 5 :o

Your machine looks to have the makers reg plate on the front, if so ,with typical German efficiency that should tell you not only the year it was made but also the month and day !OMFG!

The first one I had took 1d and had the playfield converted to 1d payouts which I think look a little plain. The one I have now is on 1d but I have returned it to the original Pf numbers on the playfield and info cards and I think it looks much better that way. You can see the difference in TF's video and the photo above it. However, if you do wish to use the UK coin markers I am happy to send you the kit I made myself (see below). The last photo is how it was when I got it.
Attachments
new background.jpg
new surround.jpg
old surround.jpg
Last edited by coppinpr on Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Who?

Have you started making machines out of corpses Paul?

If I tell you the location and plot number of my late Aunt, any chance you could do me a Buckley Bones? ;-)
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

My god you are picky BP, you didn't used to teach Latin by any chance did you, they used to be picky about the wording just like you.."people they called the Romans they go the house" sounds as good as "Romans go home" to me. dirtdog
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Please children, play nicely!!!! Well it arrived today and I had some clearer photos emailed to me. I will list them in the order that I would go about repairing it.
Firstly, the arm that links this to the wheel is clearly missing.

P1010005a.jpg

Secondly, the back plate at the beginning of the machine is missing. (I have cut one of these from mild steel before so think, unless anyone has a spare lying around) I can manage this.

P1010001-(1)a.jpg

Thirdly, the clock. Which if I understand from an earlier message needs to be soaked in Diesel? Is that regular car diesel? Seems to be attached with just 4 screws and easy enough to remove?

P1010003a.jpg

Lastly, I'm not sure if this has come out in the pic clearly enough, but there seems to be a missing part connecting the first part of the coin chute to any other part of the machine!

P1010004a.jpg

There are bound to be other issues, but if I can get it turning, I might be able to diagnose more myself. Help please always appreciated. Mei-mei
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Hi, coppinpr. I love the look of the stickers, does that mean that my machine is in phenigs? If so. does that mean it would pay out in phenig quantities?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

No way to tell for sure till you run it, depends on the conversion. What does the info card on the machine say about payouts? The numbers on the top circle are certainly the Pf ones. Is there a maker's licence on the front? If so, what is the date out of interest?

Don't forget the clock is connected to the machine so it can do its job, not just the four screws.

Not quite sure what you mean by the back plate :!?!:

When you drop a coin in the slot what does the coin do/go?

A strong word of caution! Your machine looks very dry and stiff in the photos. Do NOT force it in any way. The mech is made of pot metal, designed to last three years then be scrapped. It's close to 70 years old. Parts WILL break if under pressure. :tut
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Way ahead of you on the oiling front. OMG spent a very happy 3 hours oiling, checking connections, adding missing springs and C clips. !!YABBADABBA!! Only info on the machine is '0BEN Angezeigter Betrag' on the front inside the lower round glass, and the number 005848 on the metal plate where the penny goes in on the side. No makers mark as far as I can see. Also checked the penny slot, which helpfully takes a penny that goes part of the way down and then gets stuck. On second inspection I was mistaken about the missing back plate, it is in situ, so undid all the screws and eased the plates apart slightly which helped,but think the problem is with the rather shoddy adaptation to a penny from phenig. Seems to have been a poor connection to the tube leading to the payout slot and on just a quick look the penny catches on the tube which has also been hand crafted rather poorly.
Would love to purchase a set of english stickers if you still have some. How does it work, can you do it through paypal? Payout info on front is in pennys. Have I forgotten anything? Mei-mei
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Do you want the kit on plain paper, photo paper or sticky-backed matt/gloss vinyl? Do you want it now or when the machine is running? :lol:
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Sticky back for sure, but as to shiny or plain it kinda depends on what the original would have looked like? Also your advice on whether to try to remove the old stickers first? Another problem that appeared yesterday was because it doesn't have a back door to act as a stabiliser, it is hard to keep it in the upright position to work on it safely. Anyone out there gotta spare door?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I'm searching on my computer for the sticker kit, but as yet it's lost in the maze. It was some years ago. I'll find it, give me time. Do not remove the old ones as yet, I may need the measurements to create a new set for you later.

The problem with the back door is... it's not a back door, it's a half cabinet about the same size as the front half (see one of my photos earlier). Even with the back half they tend to fall over when you work on them. Best way by far is to remove the mech which comes out in one piece very easy (I think 3 wing nuts and a couple of cir-clips and it's out). Then you can work on the case easy and the mech easy as it stands up nicely on its own.