Bionic Wrench and other useful things

Enter the Honourable Judge's favourite tavern for a dram of Tittle Tattle. There's an ancient bandit in the corner, but I forget his name...
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Bionic Wrench and other useful things

Post by badpenny »

I've always been a sucker for the latest "useless" tool, and my eye was taken by this one.
I'm not sure it would be really handy for our machines as the external diameter would probably preclude it from getting into the tight areas we have to on occasion. (Ooooh errrr missus! :o }
It's probably more of a an "Emergency - Get you out of trouble" tool to carry in your car, nice idea though.

And not expensive either ...........
Safe link to eBay

BP
bryans fan

Re: Bionic Wrench

Post by bryans fan »

I thought it said "Bionic Wench"
I was most disappointed!!!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

In order to meet your special needs BF type Bionic "Wench" (with quotes) into Google and search images.

We'll talk again in a couple of weeks ...........
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

bought one of these in Homebase today, quite cheap (£9.50) and its actually very handy,its particularly good on tight nuts (and before BP says anything mine wouldnt go in the hole) .

Boy has Homebase changed,since being taken over by Target its gone from the dearest and most uninteresting DIY store to the cheapest and much more interesting (in as much as a DIY store can be interesting). Also bought a a nice very large wheeled sack barrow( only £19) which I find helpful in moving bandits in my frail old age.
bionic wrench.jpg

treefrog

Post by treefrog »

It is always trying on the rare occasion I go not Lidl or Aldi, due to the ranges of useful items you start thinking you have a need for, but almost certainly don't. Having visited both today and escaped Lidl, I was caught out in Aldi by very useful skates for sale, round ones and oblong.....they carry 250kg each and have useful carry handles and anti slip mats.....all for eleven quid....I already have a skate, but big wheels. The round could even be used to repair mechs on....

And no they will not stay on my slot machine graveyard compost heap :lol:
Attachments
IMG_20170710_144403499~2.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I just Googled "Bionic Wench" and got a picture of Wonder Woman! !PUZZLED!

Around Christmas time when Homebase had a sale they were selling low wheeled platform trolleys. Metal with shopping trolley type wheels and a high vertical handle, the bed was big enough to carry a bandit and an allwin.
They were about £28, I was sceptical it was a true discount and decided to wait until after the New Year.

In January they went up to £45! !OMFG!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Mind you, having just said that Lidl £25!!
https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-Offe ... cleId=4341
coppinpr

Re: Bionic Wrench and other useful things

Post by coppinpr »

And no they will not stay on my slot machine graveyard compost heap
but the machines behind will no doubt,but at least you will know where those ones are :lol:
Mind you, having just said that Lidl £25!
I have had one of these for some years(in fact you have helped me lift machines on and off it at Coventry more than once BP) they work very well and are very strong,the wheels are a little too small to give a real easy push/pull and it sounds like a 1943 Japanese type 95 "Ha-Go" light tank when moving on rough concrete and has about the same top speed.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Checked my local Lidl today and they were all sold out the same day they came in (Thursday) - maybe snapped up by other shops to sell at twice the price?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

two machines arrived today and my little lidl trolly came in handy again !!THUMBSX2!!
IMG_8256.jpg

treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Now I know the answer to the other thread, a Kingsway hopper based machine..... Does it work?

I inherited a similar type trolley from my father on his passing, but had three sets of wheels to climb stairs, but was a barrow as well as converting to a trolley. Worked well except when turning as multiple wheels make this more difficult.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Now I know the answer to the other thread, a Kingsway hopper based machine.....does it work
Don't know yet, I think it might, very clean inside, (poor case). I bought it so I could see what makes it tick... it doesn't at the moment, it's missing the clock but I have one of those, then we shall see!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

There are differences in the earlier and later hopper machines as I have discovered and have both varieties. More of a pain as lots of electrics of course, with big relays as seen on other threads that can go wrong...
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Checked my local Lidl today and they were all sold out the same day they came in (Thursday) - maybe snapped up by other shops to sell at twice the price?
new stock in my local lidl today (£24.99) !!THUMBSX2!!