You should be proud

Enter the Honourable Judge's favourite tavern for a dram of Tittle Tattle. There's an ancient bandit in the corner, but I forget his name...
jailtime10

You should be proud

Post by jailtime10 »

!!CHEERS!! !!CHEERS!! Greetings from the other side of the pond.......
I just heard a lecture by a survivor of WW2 who was saved by KINDER TRANSPORT.........if you are not familiar with this program, you should read the stories of the survivors.
I told him about our great coinop club.
He asked that I extend his eternal gratitude to the people of England. JAILTIME !!CHEERS!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: YOU SHOULD BE PROUD

Post by badpenny »

Thanks …..

I should think most of us over a certain age are familiar with the KINDER TRANSPORT and that many younger ones are too …… perhaps any that aren't may now look for the time to investigate.

Thanks again for being an unofficial ambassador.

BP !!THUMBSX2!!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Thanks for the timely reminder about those compassionate individuals who fought heroically against a tide of horror. Almost 10,000 children were saved, many contributing greatly to our culture, economy and technology.
Kinderstransport !!CHEERS!!
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Contrast this charity with the action of the US Government turning away the ship the St. Louis in 1939 when it attempted to disembark in Miami, Florida with 937 passengers, most Jews. The ship returned to Europe and over a quarter of the Jewish passengers perished in the Holocaust. Our current official governmental policy of antipathy to immigrants has deep roots.

J Peterson
The loyal opposition in America
coppinpr

Re: You should be proud

Post by coppinpr »

Thanks again for being an unofficial ambassador.
I thought he was an official ambassador :o " coin op attache to the court of St James" surely :!?!: