Coronavirus invades our hobby!

Enter the Honourable Judge's favourite tavern for a dram of Tittle Tattle. There's an ancient bandit in the corner, but I forget his name...
coppinpr

Coronavirus invades our hobby!

Post by coppinpr »

I wondered just how long and it what form the deadly (??) virus would invade our hobby,I should have guessed,the latest generation of enterprising arcade operators are the first to find a way!!
t rolls.jpeg

tdims.jpg

Eddy Chapman of "Funland" Bridlington wins the prize (if hes lucky!!)
treefrog

Re: coronavirus invades our hobby!

Post by treefrog »

The sad part is although making light of the circumstances, their business and many others in the services, catering and entertainment industries are beginning to see a real impact of the panic being created.......I thought we had a stiff upper lip and a motto of don’t panic.....
brigham

Re: coronavirus invades our hobby!

Post by brigham »

What is the connection between this outbreak and bog paper?
I must have missed something.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Coronavirus invades our hobby!

Post by pennymachines »

People are sh***ing themselves? :!?!:

!WHOOPS! !SORRY!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Humans are selfish......also the media has a lot to answer for as they raise this type of story in the first place. They should block all coverage of any panic taking place totally and should be blocked on social media. I am all for government control under here type of circumstances, sometimes we should not know everything !OMFG!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Human nature can be so predictable.
I was a teenager in the middle 70s when the three day week happened.

You couldn't buy bread, but you could buy flour. Nobody knew how to bake and the bread machine hadn't been invented.
The strange one though was everybody hoarded candles!? Consequently house fires increased every time they cut off the electricity.
And because every lamppost had it's own electric time switch in it cutting the power off put them all out of whack. So while people were freezing in their homes and trying to live on cold soup the streets of Coventry were floodlit during the day because all the street lights thought it was midnight.

BP
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

What is the connection between this outbreak and bog paper?
people who already seem to have s**t for brains are hording bog paper, in Australia two women were arrested for fighting over the last six pack
I am all for government control under here type of circumstances, sometimes we should not know everything
Thats what worries me,when you consider that twice as many people in the UK have died of flu in the last month as died of the virus and they dont get a mention what is it we are not being told about the virus :!?!:
chris rideout

Post by chris rideout »

Don't panic! I remember panic buying in 1974 when inflation was rising like a rocket. Some shop keepers would jack their prices up on certain groceries and tell the customers that "there's a shortage" and the next thing that happened would be an avalanche of shoppers clearing the shelves. This cunning trick was also used for potatoes and anti freeze. I noticed that the Isle of Wight amusement arcades had no shortage of punters that year. Most of them were looking forward to their next pay rise of 8 per cent... every 6 months!

I bought my first slot machines that year. As for the 3 day week, It did not apply to me because I was a railway signalman and usually worked a 6 day week. The rent for my flat was £4.40 a week and pint of Stella or Guiness was around 24p!