Early Christmas gift for myself

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
dutchboy

Early Christmas gift for myself

Post by dutchboy »

Good evening everyone, finally I can contribute something to the site again. I found today a Sega Bonanza Star which has been on an attic for 26 years. The man has to clear up the house and the machine came up that belonged to his father, who passed away 26 years ago.
The machine is complete but without the locks of course. I did the first clean of the mechanism and outside which was not to bad. This time not a lot of old hardened grease but oil and dust.
The escalator was working but jammed right away, so have to take a look at that later.
Strange thing is the badge says 6d which is about the old Dutch quarters, but the machine was full of old Dutch 1 cent pieces. The escalator accept the 1 cents and throws out the quarters
Only negative thing I can say about the machine is the colour! It is dark brown from the seventies, yak...
I wish for all of you that you can find a Christmas gift for yourself too (only a nicer colour).

Greetings and stay healthy!
Attachments
75125852-7B6D-4C15-939E-83A87AABC907a.jpg
0C91C659-5B73-4DD7-A02E-2543A844A43Ca.jpg
grains

Re: Early christmas gift for myself

Post by grains »

A nice find Dutchboy and a great Christmas gift for yourself. !!THUMBSX2!!
Please would you be able to post a few pictures of the mechanism and inside the cabinet if you could?
The colours are a bit different to the usual black/red or red/white but there's plenty of options to repaint if you don't like the existing colours.
dutchboy

Re: Early Christmas gift for myself

Post by dutchboy »

Evening grains for sure i will do that, probably tomorrow. I just did get a hernia when I put it together and bring it to the shed. Are there special parts you want to see?
For sure there will be some problems with the mechanism. I don’t have vertical fingers at the place where normally the 2 and 5 pay out are. Strangely my last pull gave an orange on the first reel and it paid out two coins. :burp: But that’s for the weekend.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Nice one dutchboy, I am sure I have seen a similar colour to this before and although may not be original Sega colour, possibly special order or a early refresh. Nice to see original glass top flash still in place !!THUMBSX2!!

I had to break up a Bonanza Star recently after buying one from Facebook groups in need of loving, only to find worse than expected....cabinet was shot, in fact base had gone altogether and everything else rusted solid. Managed to rebuild mechanism, jackpot and escalator and castings good.....so thinking how to use now
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Grains here some pictures you’ve asked for. I hope they are what you need, if you need close ups of an area please let me now.
Attachments
B76F9CCD-07A2-4642-9760-E427DE35B8E9a.jpg
C405D03A-46F0-4970-B02F-753FB0FAFFCCa.jpg
93A78B85-A0B4-4F09-97E2-B64A5BAA92A7a.jpg
55B56938-B74E-4336-A974-6DB7A7E1952Ea.jpg
grains

Post by grains »

Thank you so much dutchboy these are perfect. Hope you haven't done too much lifting! I must be getting old as I can't lift a complete machine these days. I have seperate the hood and the mechanism to move it about.
That mechanism looks very nice indeed, I have a mech but the reel bundle is bit of a mix and match up however cherries and oranges are paying correctly.
Here are the positions of the vertical fingers in the comb on my mech 1 & 2 being cherries and oranges.
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Thanks for your picture. I didn’t pay attention to the mech yet exept some cleaning. I did notice the award card states stars but no stars on the reels. More problems will come up for sure.
Also missing the tube for rejected coins. I will have some fun in the weekend. :HaHa: