Auction in Wakefield tomorrow

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
seasidedan

Auction in Wakefield tomorrow

Post by seasidedan »

Hi guys, tomorrow there are a pair of Allwins going through my local auction in Wakefield:

https://www.easyliveauction.com/catalog ... l-lot-484/

https://www.easyliveauction.com/catalog ... l-lot-483/
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Auction in Wakefield tomorrow

Post by pennymachines »

These were unsold lots from Elite's auction on the 10th. They are showing the same ambitious estimates. If they reflect the reserves, I doubt they'll sell again. The first is a modern recreation of Quested Automatics' Pool Tote.
seasidedan

Post by seasidedan »

If it helps, I made a bid of £400 on the second item and didn't win, so the reserve was definitely north of that mark.
luckystar

Post by luckystar »

Hi All,
I can put my hands up to this machine. I made a run of these about 20 years ago. Great to play with. The one I copied it from had a lot of problems. For instance, when you flicked the penny across, it sometimes stuck between the glass and the thin metal. I made mine out of solid brass. Also the trips were too small. I had to remake these. I lost thousands of pounds making these. The cabinets were far too expensive, the velvet was 1930, as well as the instructions. Just so many castings - they were all made by the lost wax process. Each mould cost me about £40. The large moulds went off the scale. Pleased I made them. Pete.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

You're a clever man Pete, and I'll see anyone that says different behind the bike sheds after 4 o'clock.
Did you ever track down that Smithy that got lifted?
BP
luckystar

Post by luckystar »

Hi BP & all,
A little story to all our members. Some of you may know Poz, but if you don't, Poz used to go to various shows and parties and used to take a few allwins and bandits about for the kids to play on while he did his magic show. Then Poz brought an old coach which he turned into a play centre. The back of the coach had a small arcade. One night somebody sawed a hole in the roof and nicked a Smithy. It made the headlines. Don't know if Poz is about. Perhaps somebody knows.
Pete.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I haven't seen Poz in nearly 20 years.
I bought a hand turned Juvenile and (I think) a chicken vendor from him.

BP
brigham

Post by brigham »

badpenny wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:42 pm...I bought a hand turned Juvenile and (I think) a chicken vendor from him...
That'll baffle the newcomers...!
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Why in heaven's name would you buy a juvenile, hand-turned or not, BP? They're selfish, unruly and potentially destructive. For example, see my former President Trump.

J Peterson
Leg-turned in America
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Well I certainly wasn't going to have a juvenile by any other method John son of Peter.
You don't have to elect them as president to find out how nasty, selfish and destructive they can be. I only had to go to school with them to understand that.
The final decider for me in avoiding them was when I discovered what causes them.

BP !SMARTY!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

a juvenile, hand-turned or not, BP? They're selfish, unruly and potentially destructive. For example, see my former President Trump.
Back in the 1930's there was a type of supporting actor in the British movie business known as "aging juveniles" these had started the careers playing teenagers and continued to play them well into their 30's. Its only just occurred to me when you posted how well this fits your defunct pres
trump.jpg
trump.jpg (8.14 KiB) Viewed 1963 times

luckystar

Post by luckystar »

Hi All, The last i heard of Poz, he had moved up to Great Yarmouth, I used to do a lot of shows for Poz when he got doubled booked. A lot of his shows were at private schools, they knew how to spend money there, wonder if he is still with us. Pete.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Like bp, I haven't seen him since his magic bus days, although he phoned me years later. Still, it must be over a decade ago...
seasidedan

Post by seasidedan »

Just an update, one of the units sold for £850: https://www.easyliveauction.com/catalog ... l-lot-483/
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

I think the last time I saw Poz was either at the Copthorne Jukebox Show or at Ascot Racecourse Jukebox Show, at least 15 years ago. However, using the magic Google search engine , it appears he is still about, and annoyingly looking no different than the last time I saw him, I wish the same could be said of myself!

https://www.pozmagic.co.uk/