Daily rant.

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
john t peterson

Daily rant.

Post by john t peterson »

If you're not up to listening to me rant for a few minutes, I strongly suggest you back away now, very quickly.

I find most of my coin-op games on Ebay. Being in the US, almost all of my games and machines are stateside. Overseas shipping is too expensive as most all of you are aware. None the less, I regularly look at Ebay-Uk; specifically, the "coin-op - others" section. It helps keep me up on pricing in the UK and occasionally a fabulous machine is put up for bid.

So, what has my undies in a knot today? The idiot who keeps taking up time and space selling the "MAME - Over 400 printable graphics for decorating MAME cabinet," that's what! The seller, "Samantha 200986," puts that same ad onto the Ebay site multiple times, all auctions starting at 99P. I have yet to see ONE bid for ANY of these graphics.

I think it safe to assume that none within the ranks of Pennymachines is this ubiquitous Samantha. (Don't break my heart here, BadPenny; I could not stand it.) However, maybe someone knows this person. If so, would you politely please tell her (or him) to STOP CLOGGING UP THE INTERNET, YOU COMPLETE DOLT. IF YOU WANT TO TRY AND SELL MORE THAN ONE, USE ONE AD WITH MULTIPLE ITEMS AVAILABLE.

Thank you. I feel much better now.

John Peterson
Your American Curmudgeon :GRRR:
slotalot

Re: Daily rant.

Post by slotalot »

John T. Peterson wrote:
So, what has my undies in a knot today? The idiot who keeps taking up time and space selling the "MAME - Over 400 printable graphics for decorating MAME cabinet," that's what! The seller, "Samantha 200986," puts that same ad onto the Ebay site multiple times, all auctions starting at 99P.
Hi John :D , i quite agree with your comments,I also get hacked off when I see the same listing for "MAME - Over 400 printable graphics for decorating MAME cabinet," :dammit: "MAME - Over 400 printable graphics for decorating MAME cabinet," :dammit: "MAME - Over 400 printable graphics for decorating MAME cabinet," :dammit: "MAME - Over 400 printable graphics for decorating MAME cabinet," :dammit: "MAME - Over 400 printable graphics for decorating MAME cabinet," over and over again on the same page, am I right in thinking that if you start an auction at 99p it will not cost you anything to list it if the item is not sold?.... maybe Ebay should put a limit on the number of duplicate listing you can run at any one time on the same page :!?!:
And just for the record,....It's not me! :tarah:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

............. sorry John I'll have a word with Grandma I have no idea why she thinks they'll sell, still it does keep her off the streets ...........
gameswat

Re: Daily rant. Daily rant. Daily rant. Daily rant.

Post by gameswat »

Hey JP and others, there is an easy way to deal with this , bring up your search page and then in the description box at the top type in -mame , that's a minus symbol. This then removes any listing with the word mame in the title but leaves everything else the same. Of course you can also exclude other words at the same time such as: -mame, -pinball, -etc, -etc, Then you save that search to favourites and you'll never see those damn Mame listings ever again!! Though that may mean missing the occasional Mame bargain.
I think that's earnt me a small reward, what, 99p hey?!
slotalot

Re: Daily rant. Daily rant. Daily rant. Daily rant.

Post by slotalot »

gameswat wrote:Hey JP and others, there is an easy way to deal with this , bring up your search page and then in the description box at the top type in -mame , that's a minus symbol. This then removes any listing with the word mame in the title but leaves everything else the same. Of course you can also exclude other words at the same time such as: -mame, -pinball, -etc, -etc, Then you save that search to favourites and you'll never see those damn Mame listings ever again!! Though that may mean missing the occasional Mame bargain.
I think that's earnt me a small reward, what, 99p hey?!
Hi gameswat :D , I have been on Ebay for eight years and I never knew that :oops: , I have just tried it and it works :claps: although I think it must operate a little different on the UK page as I had to go through the advanced search option at the top of the page to make this work.... thanks for the tip :tarah:
john t peterson

I bow at the feet of the master. Now, if you could just solve the problem of Dearly Beloved's tepid interest in British coin-op.............. :cry:
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

There appears to be a person in Canada with far too much time on their hands clogging up ebay with key chains and flyers!
19 pages!
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Bryans fan wrote:There appears to be a person in Canada with far too much time on their hands clogging up ebay with key chains and flyers!
19 pages!
That's just what I thought when I logged on this morning!!!!!!!!!!!! :dammit: :dammit: :dammit:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Just click on the "UK" only box on the left and goodbye junk.
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Yes that works - pity ebay don't do a vintage coin op site :dammit:
john t peterson

Re: Daily rant

It's a NEW YEAR and I have a new complaint. This time, it's the idiots who put an item up on Ebay and then include the statement: "I have this advertised elsewhere." What they are saying is this:

"I am putting this item up for bid in the electronic marketplace but I'm going to withdraw the item prior to the published end if I don't like the vigor of bidding."

To you, Mr. Dolt, I say the following:

"Don't put your item up for sale on Ebay until you have extinguished your local options, real or imagined. If you wish to place a reserve to ensure that you will not be gifting your precious belonging, then do so. Do not, on the other hand, insult those of us in the gallery by trying to excuse your cowardly behavior with the suggestion that you have the right to end your auction with impunity. Though you may do so, it is at the price of our scorn."

John Peterson
Your American Warrior for Righteous Auctions :GRRR:
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi John :D Happy New Year.
I agree with everything you say here, it always puts me off bidding when I read statements like that :NBG:
Regards Stuart. :tarah:
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Yes, I agree. Do you think if someone emailed ebay they would listen?? It is taking advantage of ebay.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

In some ways at least they are being honest and are admitting they may remove the item through a better offer, what I hate even more is when an item is removed after someone makes an offer through the messaging facility on ebay and they accept. This of course breaks eBays rules and more than that is bl@#$y iritating for those who are bidding. It has happened to me many times and on occasion the seller shows the offers when they decide to let it run and not accept them as with the Komet sale on ebay now. I am sure there are many on this forum who do this and I of course understand why, but is a lot worse than a seller selling the item elsewhere through free press adds and owning up to it.......moan over

Also a seller can cancel an auction up to 12 hours before completion even if someone has bid on it
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Well the ebay spam is back, the latest being

Fruit machine EMPTYING system cheats plus WIN BIG
From the seller allen2502

There are hundreds of them !!RANT!! !!RANT!! !!RANT!!
Attachments
bad-ad.jpg
bad-ad.jpg (26.95 KiB) Viewed 2391 times
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Yes annoying isn't it? Especially as it's a rip off. I once placed an auction which explained in simple to understand reasons why there would be no software back doors, magic keys, codes etc. And that short of driving a Landrover over a modern AWP the only way to get any money out of one is to be the owner and use your keys.

I got 43 mails thanking me for pointing out the obvious and 1 mail from a seller of such bunkum basically pointing out how vulnerable my teeth were. E-Bay then promptly pulled my auction as I wasn't actually selling anything.
I guess the old adage there's one born every minute will forever be true, and that there are dozens born every minute who will queue up to rip them off.
john t peterson

"Stupidity is its own reward."

J. Peterson
Your American Philosopher
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

A quick look at Goofbay tells us that this "on-tray-per-noor" has managed to get 286 of these fruit machine emptying auctions running whilst persuading ONE gullible sado to actually part with 99p plus 54p for posting.

There is a message here, which appears to be eluding him as he was reposting last night at around midnight. !PUZZLED!